Attempting to make a custom rom

Guest aaa801

Either I don't get it fully, or LG haven't released the whole source code, to be precise, the android modifications for this release. I'd be glad to hear I'm wrong :-)

it seems to be, not sure, may be someone who already got success can help on this.

When i tried to change the "system type" to "Arm (Versatile)" i get a bunch of errors like missing files or config not set error messages so the kernel source supplied by LG is not compiling for other System Type, i think it need lot of modification to recomplie for other System Type.

it seems to be, not sure, may be someone who already got success can help on this.

When i tried to change the "system type" to "Arm (Versatile)" i get a bunch of errors like missing files or config not set error messages so the kernel source supplied by LG is not compiling for other System Type, i think it need lot of modification to recomplie for other System Type.

I noticed that my phone uses some LG custom contacts provider - I see its log messages in the device log. But a search through what I downloaded from LG as the source code of this device shows no traces of such source, i.e. java files. Who knows what the guys from 4pda used. I would be very surprised if anyone manages to build a running system just by using the LG's source code (from the link someone posted on this forum) and the Android sources.

o.o thanks for the fastboot image

il flash it to my phone

is it unlocked?

and in english

Unlocked and contain English too.

Here is a new ver http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/8cattyv2i

Boot.img extracted from original firmware noramly flash into phone and phone worked properly.

But now a next problem - we has no idea how to flash a system.img. Any of system images that I've tried to flash make phone not properly booting (its stuck on LG logo - reflash kdz again to repair).

Original system.img extarcted from kdz do not flash, because has size more than 200Mb.

system.img getted from mkyaffs2image too not properly flashed to device (reflash kdz again to repair).

So ... for now we need find a way to make "normal" system.img that has size less than 200Mb.

Or we need a recovery mode, but for now its not possible.

Sorry for my Runglish.

• 1 month later...
Unlocked and contain English too.

Here is a new ver http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/8cattyv2i

Boot.img extracted from original firmware noramly flash into phone and phone worked properly.

But now a next problem - we has no idea how to flash a system.img. Any of system images that I've tried to flash make phone not properly booting (its stuck on LG logo - reflash kdz again to repair).

Original system.img extarcted from kdz do not flash, because has size more than 200Mb.

system.img getted from mkyaffs2image too not properly flashed to device (reflash kdz again to repair).

So ... for now we need find a way to make "normal" system.img that has size less than 200Mb.

Or we need a recovery mode, but for now its not possible.

Sorry for my Runglish.

hello Mur4ik,

same problem with elcair sources. after flashing own system.img GT540 reboot loop.

did you successed to flash system.img on GT540??

Regards

mail80

Edited by mail80

Guest joestone
can any one uplaod a clean system.img from android source

cu dropzone

Why dont use the update.zip method from recovery. I use it to install my custom rom. I can flash the boot and the system too.

You can access my custom rom. It is based on greek rom , fully deodexed, looks like Quarx Black Edition rom , and contains the kernel from Quarx allowing overclock.

You can writte your /system to an img file to the sd using adb . Copy the img file to your computer.Extract it with unyaffs . Create the update.zip . sign it. and you can install it via recovery.

http://www.4shared.com/file/oAl5aS65/update141b.html

can any one uplaod a clean system.img from android source

cu dropzone

Here is mine system.zip at http://www.4shared.com/file/qT5KOV-Z/system.html, I followed the same procedure as described here https://bramroid.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/t...m-for-lg-gt540/

still clueless, why the kernel does'nt load system.img

let me know if you need further any info on my findings to nail down the issue

Why dont use the update.zip method from recovery. I use it to install my custom rom. I can flash the boot and the system too.

You can access my custom rom. It is based on greek rom , fully deodexed, looks like Quarx Black Edition rom , and contains the kernel from Quarx allowing overclock.

You can writte your /system to an img file to the sd using adb . Copy the img file to your computer.Extract it with unyaffs . Create the update.zip . sign it. and you can install it via recovery.

http://www.4shared.com/file/oAl5aS65/update141b.html

joestone, I flashed Quarx Black Edition ROM, which has only fastboot. how to did you get recovery working.

I tired flashing own system.img using fastboot but stuck in reboot loop.

your approach sounds good but I need some help on this

1. There is no recovery mode on my device how to get into recovery mode on gt540?

2. Can I unzip your update.zip and override my /system folder inside update folder? will this help

3. Signing procedure, need some clear document on how to sign..

anticipating your reply

Guest joestone
joestone, I flashed Quarx Black Edition ROM, which has only fastboot. how to did you get recovery working.

I tired flashing own system.img using fastboot but stuck in reboot loop.

your approach sounds good but I need some help on this

1. There is no recovery mode on my device how to get into recovery mode on gt540?

2. Can I unzip your update.zip and override my /system folder inside update folder? will this help

3. Signing procedure, need some clear document on how to sign..

anticipating your reply

You have to flash a rom with recovery and fastboot enabled. You can find it on this forum "recovery on our device". Then you can use the recovery. Or you can create your own kdz . I have created the following recovery and fastboot enabled roms : Greek, Hungarian.After the successful flash you should install clockwork recovery with fastboot .thats all.

If you unzip it the sign will also removed. You can put your /system folder into it with 7zip. (dont extract it just open) . You can find more information how to sign the update.zip on xda . Sorry I have no link to it. Just done some search .

You have to flash a rom with recovery and fastboot enabled. You can find it on this forum "recovery on our device". Then you can use the recovery. Or you can create your own kdz . I have created the following recovery and fastboot enabled roms : Greek, Hungarian.After the successful flash you should install clockwork recovery with fastboot .thats all.

If you unzip it the sign will also removed. You can put your /system folder into it with 7zip. (dont extract it just open) . You can find more information how to sign the update.zip on xda . Sorry I have no link to it. Just done some search .

will try this next week, up for weekend.

Thanks for the quick reply

jeostone, Thnks for the info.

Now I have recovery mode and also flashed your update.zip works like a charm.

well, when I copied my /system with 7zip as you said and try to apply update.zip I received error like this

E:Can't symlink /system/binm/cat

E:Failure at line 6:

symlink toolbox SYSTEM:bin/cat

Installation aborted.

any idea whats going worng here....

well, when I copied my /system with 7zip as you said and try to apply update.zip I received error like this

Installation aborted.

Guest joestone

Installation aborted.

I think you have edited something else , I mean you have changed the update-script.The problem is here :

Can't symlink /system/binm/cat

I think there is no "binm" folder in the /system .

I think you have edited something else , I mean you have changed the update-script.The problem is here :

Can't symlink /system/binm/cat

I think there is no "binm" folder in the /system .

sorry thats was a typo error.

its actualy system/bin/cat