Voodoo 2 - The lagfix!

Guest AV1985

Ran it today, easy update. Loving it.

Best SGS configuration I've found so far - HVJH1 (?) with this lagfix.

I recommend recovering as many apps as possible using appbrain, and then using TB to make up the numbers!

Tons of credit to DistortedLoop who made the right suggestions to get a smooth running SGS.

Does it only work on Froyo 2.2? I'm having Singapore stock ROM JG4 - Eclair 2.1, after installing da Voodo 2 lagfix, doesn't seem to get smoother....Did i miss out sth? =(

Guest Quiksilver78
Does it only work on Froyo 2.2? I'm having Singapore stock ROM JG4 - Eclair 2.1, after installing da Voodo 2 lagfix, doesn't seem to get smoother....Did i miss out sth? =(

Seems like it.

On the Voodoo page, it specifies that it only actually works on Android 2.1 for the i9000.

Did you uninstall any previous Lag-fixes before applying this one?

Edited by Quiksilver78

My recommendation, having tried JG1, JG2, JG5, JM6, JM7, JP2 and JPC is HVJH1. This was recommended to me by DistortedLoop and it's the most reliable and smooth by a country mile. The others were really laggy and buggy. JP6 isn't TOO bad but not as good as JH1.

More information here with a thread conversation between DistortedLoop and I where he advised me very accurately as to what I should use.

This lagfix is very good though.

Applied this fix today and gotta say it is freaking awesome! Best lag fix so far. I only got 1660 quadrant score with beta3 and JM2, but it works much, much better, than RyanZA lag fix and it's much smoother. Seems quite perfect. Only that Voodoo color fix I don't like. It changes too easily the brightness of the screen on auto mode. I hope it will be fixed better on later releases.

Guest DistortedLoop
Tons of credit to DistortedLoop who made the right suggestions to get a smooth running SGS.

Why, thank you for the props, but I just made some recommendations of other people's great work!

Yeah, I knew that voodoo was worth the wait for those who didn't manage to get beta1.

I wish curio had made his color corrections an option instead of mandatory with the actual voodoo fix. I haven't tried it, but lots of complaints, and it seems half-baked from the reports I've read. He should have finalized the ext4 process and just claimed the bounty that motivated him to start voodoo in the first place.

No rush here to move on from beta1 and the overclock/umderclock kernel I'm running that supports voodoo. :P

Hey, anyone who uses voodoo, please consider sending some coin to curio at [email protected] via paypal. He really has made the phone a usable device with a quick and painless fix. I feel I can recommend the phone to buyers now.

i tried downloading the updatezip and flash my mobile.. but my phone is not flashing at all.. i hold the the buttons Upport volume + home + power to flash the phone, however the phone gets re-started..

can someone advise if i'm doing something wrong here?

Sometimes, when three button combo doesn't work, I plug my phone in, USB debugging on, and run a recovery file which automatically boots my phone into recovery. Easier than the three button combo.

I can't find the files so I have zipped and attached them here.

As far as up volume + home + power goes, hold all three and reboot. When the Samsung logo flashes, let go of power and immediately (within half a second) press it again. As soon as any funny codes come onto the screen (start of recovery) let go of everything. That might work.

Recovery.zip

• 2 months later...
Guest Terry666
He asked if it only works on Froyo 2.2. The opposite, it only works on Eclair 2.1, doesn't work on Froyo!

I'd installed it today in my JP7 2.2 FROYO... Less than double my Quadrants Adv. to 1532....

Edited by Terry666