Do we realize how far we have come?

Guest max-greece

Guest max-greece

Today I went to buy a larger memory card for my phone. I chose an 8 Gb Toshiba card (Type 4 - moderate performance) and it cost a princely 22 euros.

As I gazed at the little finger nail sized card I remembered installing a network for my new employer back in 1994. We installed Novel Netware 2.12 with mirrored 1 Gb disks (huge at the time). Each of those were full height 5.25 inch units and as memory serves cost something in the area of 3000 euros a piece. Of course they were incomparably slower than this tiny card.

16 years - 8 times the storage for less than 1% of the money and in, what, 1/1000th of the space?

Just thought I would share....

Edited by max-greece

Guest cool_recep

The first time I was going to buy a flash drive, I was going to buy a 16 MB one...But I thought that in some some cases it may not be enough and I should buy a 32 MB. Time passed and I got a little more money so I got a 64 MB thinking that I will have no storage problems...

One day, I was in a store and there was a music video playing... I told the guys to send the video to my flash drive. When I learned that the video was bigger than 64 MB, I understood that no capacity was ever going to be enough for human kind...

Today, I have one 16 GB and a 32 GB flash drive in my pocket. The 32 one is full, with Breaking Bad Episode 1 and 3 720p versions...figure it out yourself...

Guest onlinejobwork
The first time I was going to buy a flash drive, I was going to buy a 16 MB one...But I thought that in some some cases it may not be enough and I should buy a 32 MB. Time passed and I got a little more money so I got a 64 MB thinking that I will have no storage problems...

One day, I was in a store and there was a music video playing... I told the guys to send the video to my flash drive. When I learned that the video was bigger than 64 MB, I understood that no capacity was ever going to be enough for human kind...

Today, I have one 16 GB and a 32 GB flash drive in my pocket. The 32 one is full, with Breaking Bad Episode 1 and 3 720p versions...figure it out yourself...

This is LG gt 540 mobile related forum, hope u r aware, u choose wrong section for expression

This is LG gt 540 mobile related forum, hope u r aware, u choose wrong section for expression

Oh chillax, it's a nice post - and it's not entirely unrelated, the guy was buying a card for his phone.