Using the Superboot method will install Superuser binary and APK version 22.214.171.124. This bootloader also provides additional 'safety net' functionality while it is installed.
Step by step install instructions
- Download r3 Superboot for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 03105bbbf5120535c8921075822a1b67
- Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
- Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
- Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
- Plug the phone into the PC.
- Extract the fastboot zip file.
- From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
- When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
Wanna see how easy the Superboot and MCRi flash is? I recorded a video for your viewing pleasure.
The video is available embedded here and at YouTube, now in HD!
Note: From Superboot r3 onwards, the 'Orange Square' is replaced by the Android dude and the ROM install is now completed using the 'ClockworkMod Recovery' so be aware there will be a slight difference with the video process.
- Reverted 'Orange' logo to Android logo (from V880 dump)
- MCRi will now check for .gz.gz files on /sdcard and rename them appopriately (n00b friendly)
- MCRi will now run-parts from /system/etc/init.d if found (adding possibility of A2SD, CacheDalvikCache etc. etc.)
- Resolved issue with missing /system/xbin dir
- Initial release