[OLED+TFT] 06/Dec: Stock ROM downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StevenHarperUK
I'm no expert, in fact a complete noob at Android (OSF is my first Android phone), but looking at the files, specifically system/prop.build shows the ROM version. From that I deduced that the MD5 hashes have been swapped around.

Itr should be

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08-update-stock-blade-unsigned.zip

MD5: 8f082502f8b5b6dc5cf9e9fef626e786

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05-update-stock-blade-unsigned.zip

MD5: 97f1bb0f657ce21d8b7983a1fb12f7f4

I'm waiting for confirmation from Paul.

Your correct- he has them the wrong way round :(

Guest Turak64

Hi

I'm trying to flash my SF but I keep getting this message. Sorry for being a newbie, but what does it mean and what am I doing wrong?

Formatting BOOT:...

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 413:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation Aborted

Thanks

Simon

P.S. I think this is a OLED verison as it's black, but i'm not 100% sure.

Guest Afrodude
Hi

I'm trying to flash my SF but I keep getting this message. Sorry for being a newbie, but what does it mean and what am I doing wrong?

Formatting BOOT:...

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 413:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation Aborted

Thanks

Simon

P.S. I think this is a OLED verison as it's black, but i'm not 100% sure.

You are doing nothing wrong, its just the info on the forums should include a little note that ClockWork 2.5.1.3 is buggy and doesn't really work as intended, so it shouldn't really be used :unsure:

If you installClockWork 2.5.1.8 from here and then do as before you will be able to install the stock ROM (amongst others).

Edited by Afrodude

Guest alshanky
Installed this, works exactly the same as when the phone is out of the box.

Cheers Paul, you are a star!

Hi,

I have a TFT version, so downloaded the B08 version of the ROM and loaded it. Then using the bootloader

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.blade.stock.img

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.stock.img

fastboot-windows reboot

When rebooted, the orange colour on the screen is all replaced with 'blue'. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Guest abidqazi

Hi,

I think the MD5s for the above have been swapped by mistake. when I downloaded both files, the B08 was giving checksum of 8f08.... and B05 is giving checksum 97f1bb...

Guest tibbyltd
Hi,

I have a TFT version, so downloaded the B08 version of the ROM and loaded it. Then using the bootloader

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.blade.stock.img

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.stock.img

fastboot-windows reboot

When rebooted, the orange colour on the screen is all replaced with 'blue'. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Yes. I am encountering this problem. Any help?

Guest oh!dougal

Suggest you install this rom -- its a very plain vanilla 2.1 with up-to-date Clockwork as recovery.

Uses the Total Phone Transplant install.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...01-13-oled-tft/

And it fixes screwed up TFT colours ...

But it does not have all the original Orange bloatware.

Anyway, with that, you should have a working phone again ...

Edited by oh!dougal

So, can I use this ROM to return my phone?

Sadly, the power button is totally defective. Hopefully it's still in guarantee as I purchased it the day after Boxing Day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redbaron51
Hi,

I think the MD5s for the above have been swapped by mistake. when I downloaded both files, the B08 was giving checksum of 8f08.... and B05 is giving checksum 97f1bb...

Same here....Forgot to take a full image backup before flashing to JJ7....Now wants to put Orange Stock ROM back to find out whether there is a RSAP profile for bluetooth.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dandreye

Hi Paul,

Apologies for disturbing... any chance to swap the MD5 hashes of B05 and B08 back in the beginning of this thread?

They appear to be swapped around. My B05 also returns MD5=97f1bb0f657ce21d8b7983a1fb12f7f4.

Many thanks,

Dmitriy

Guest adri2524

I have uk orange sf i put Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 rom via this method following from here http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/ho...isco-zte-blade/

But the 16gb class4 sd is reported as damaged or the sf just keeps looping mounted unmounted etc. the sd card is ok as have checked it in another android handset.

So i want to now revert back to original orange stock rom, is it ok for me to just put one of these OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 (OLED+TFT devices) - Stock system image and boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 97f1bb0f657ce21d8b7983a1fb12f7f4

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05 (OLED devices only) - Stock system image and boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 8f082502f8b5b6dc5cf9e9fef626e786

onto sd card and install from sf itself, i have actually downloaded the above stock roms and installed them to sd card but when i check the md5's using Astro against your listed md5's they are not the same!

what do i need to do follow everything from here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-on-tft-device/

and if so do i have to remove anything from sf ie Root, ClockworkMod Recovery before i follow anything else?

ta.

Btw i need to orange stock rom so i can send handset back to orange for replacement under warranty!

Someone please help me, would be most grateful for all help,ta.

I have uk orange sf i put Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 rom via this method following from here http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/ho...isco-zte-blade/

But the 16gb class4 sd is reported as damaged or the sf just keeps looping mounted unmounted etc. the sd card is ok as have checked it in another android handset.

So i want to now revert back to original orange stock rom, is it ok for me to just put one of these OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 (OLED+TFT devices) - Stock system image and boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 97f1bb0f657ce21d8b7983a1fb12f7f4

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05 (OLED devices only) - Stock system image and boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 8f082502f8b5b6dc5cf9e9fef626e786

onto sd card and install from sf itself, i have actually downloaded the above stock roms and installed them to sd card but when i check the md5's using Astro against your listed md5's they are not the same!

what do i need to do follow everything from here http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-on-tft-device/

and if so do i have to remove anything from sf ie Root, ClockworkMod Recovery before i follow anything else?

ta.

Btw i need to orange stock rom so i can send handset back to orange for replacement under warranty!

Someone please help me, would be most grateful for all help,ta.

Try using the 2gb sd card that came with the phone. Some models of the phone have problems with some large sd cards.

Guest jasonchain

I downloaded the zip file "OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08-update-stock-blade-unsigned.zip". But the result of md5sum checking is "8f082502f8b5b6dc5cf9e9fef626e786", it's for "OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05".

Guest adri2524
Try using the 2gb sd card that came with the phone. Some models of the phone have problems with some large sd cards.

Thanks for your reply but i really want to use the 16gb card as i listen to a lot of music, so a 2gb wud not be much gud to me, i still want to return sf back to orange under warranty but cannot until i have original stock rom, so i still need help/guidance of how to original orange stock rom and can i stock rom from the sf itself without having to go via usb to pc as i have not had much luck doing it via pc! and the md5 check sum never shows correct code against any downloaded stock rom, so wat am i doing wrong? ta

Edited by adri2524

Guest whatsupduck

Hi, i am looking to remove clockwork recovery, asi need to return my phone.I backed up the original rom before i placed sebs r8 on the phone so i have gone back to stock rom.

I just need to replace clockwork with the original recovery will doing this produce the bluey screen others are talking about ?

Thanks for your help

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shanewaz

Seeing as the MD5's are the wrong way around, does this mean that if I want the TFT stock orange then I need to download the one that says OLED (as they have got mixed up) or do I still download the TFT one but compare the md5 with the one listed for the OLED?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Orac1
Hi,

Hi Is anyone reading this thread?

The MD5 are clearly swapped, so no one is sure if they have downloaded the OLED or OLED+TFT one. I'm not willing to install the wrone one!

Can this be fixed, please

It will only take a moment!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alsammy

Its only the MD5s that are the wrong way round

They both work. They’ve Just been put next to the wrong

Download

Paul seems a busy man he’s aloud the odd mistake. :unsure:

I’d like thank him for his sterling work

Thanx Paul