Google calendar

Guest ijcy

Ok i have searched everywhere for this on the net and can not find a straight answer.

on my gt540 there is a calendar and i use it, when i make an appointment online on my computer, it syncs and shows up on my phone.

but the appointments i make on the phone are nto showing up on Google calendar on my computer, weather auto sync or manual sync.

i have read somewhere about using the Google calendar and not the stock one on the phone, but have searched on the phone couldnt find, went to market to try to download nothing there, and tried online nothing there either. when i go to my calendar settings it says i have 4 calendars, phone, [email protected],canadian holidays, and exchange. when i make an appt. under the title it shows me calendar phone, if i made it on phone. and shows [email protected] if i made it online. i tried to check and see if i can change this but can not find where, please help me with this.

TIA.

Ok i have searched everywhere for this on the net and can not find a straight answer.

on my gt540 there is a calendar and i use it, when i make an appointment online on my computer, it syncs and shows up on my phone.

but the appointments i make on the phone are nto showing up on Google calendar on my computer, weather auto sync or manual sync.

i have read somewhere about using the Google calendar and not the stock one on the phone, but have searched on the phone couldnt find, went to market to try to download nothing there, and tried online nothing there either. when i go to my calendar settings it says i have 4 calendars, phone, [email protected],canadian holidays, and exchange. when i make an appt. under the title it shows me calendar phone, if i made it on phone. and shows [email protected] if i made it online. i tried to check and see if i can change this but can not find where, please help me with this.

TIA.

i hate quoting myself but i double posted this by a mistake! please moderators delete this as i can not find a way to do it.

Make sure when you Add the event you select the calendar to be Google - it defaults to Phone

but i do not have a google calendar only 1 calendar, and i do not have a choice to choose which calendar! unless i do nto see it. can u please tell me where it is?

thanks.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
but i do not have a google calendar only 1 calendar, and i do not have a choice to choose which calendar! unless i do nto see it. can u please tell me where it is?

thanks.

If you have a google account, when you add an event to the calendar(on the phone), you get an option to pick a calendar down the page...pick the [email protected], then sync the calendar, from the phone.

Now the event will appear on your phone and your gmail calendar as well as the phone.

And before you say"it doesn't work", it does, I've just tried it.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

If you have a google account, when you add an event to the calendar(on the phone), you get an option to pick a calendar down the page...pick the [email protected], then sync the calendar, from the phone.

Now the event will appear on your phone and your gmail calendar as well as the phone.

And before you say"it doesn't work", it does, I've just tried it.

doh! i am so stupid!!! :lol:

thank u thank u thank u!

Guest RottenFoxBreath
maybe u can tell me the contacts then what do i do, to sync them automatically? what am i not doing here?

Are you trying to sync Outlook contacts/Gmail contacts, or contacts from your phone to your pc?

Thanks for this.

Is it possible to set Gmail calendar as the default one, instead of Phone calendar?

And one more question. How to set the reminder for contact's birthdays to the desired time (let's say 10.00AM)?

Thanks in advance

Is it possible to set Gmail calendar as the default one, instead of Phone calendar?

I think I've just found it. :lol:

You have to "untick" Phone and Exchange calendars. It seems that Gmail is the next default calendar, google sync works too.

It could be a problem if you already have a lot of Phone calendar events.

My other question still remains open.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I think I've just found it. :lol:

You have to "untick" Phone and Exchange calendars. It seems that Gmail is the next default calendar, google sync works too.

It could be a problem if you already have a lot of Phone calendar events.

My other question still remains open.

Actually, go into the calendar, pick a day/month, etc..then simply enter your entry in the correct time..you will see there are 23 sections in each day, each of them for 1 hour..so 10.30 when you enter it and the time, will sit inbetween 10 and 11am.

Are you trying to sync Outlook contacts/Gmail contacts, or contacts from your phone to your pc?

Yes from phone to your pc, i saw there is a choice when entering a new contact to choose Google and it does sync with Gmail instantly. but there is no option to copy or move to Google the existing contacts on phone. and i have 120 numbers stored, does that mean i will have to sit there and rewrite all of these 120 and choose Google? because i tried to edit the a contact and it will not let me change their original location.

Actually, go into the calendar, pick a day/month, etc..then simply enter your entry in the correct time..you will see there are 23 sections in each day, each of them for 1 hour..so 10.30 when you enter it and the time, will sit inbetween 10 and 11am.

I'm using Contact's birthdays calendar, it's a kind of "no-time" events.

That means birthdays are always displayed on the top of dayly events list, and doesn't scroll as time sections scrolls.

I entered birthday data together with my contacts data.