Latest radio

Guest aslsthlm

Guest BashyUK
Can someone explain me what RIL is and what is it good for?!

Use the search function... however, it's basically drivers to lessen the likelihood of issues. You can flash without if you want.

Edited by BashyUK

Guest BashyUK
Does it bring some good experience?

Which version do you have currently? I upgraded to 14 from the original radio I think and found GPS was much better/quicker at getting a fix. Battery life, well, I don't know, first you need to give it a few days but if I'm honest, I hammer the phone so much the max I get/expect is 1 and half days! so battery life isn't a pull for me to upgrading the radio...unless it's significantly improved.

One thing to note is it takes a few days to settle down and from what I've read it's recommended to wipe batt stats too for a truer picture if batt life is what you're seeking. So give it a few days before making a judgement call (no pun intended!) on it.

As for me upgrading, not going to do so until I see a really good reason for doing so or a dev makes it a requirement for their ROM. As far as the radio goes for me now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! GPS and WiFi are great on 14, not sure how much better they could really get you know?