Overclocking pulse mini

Guest AndroidKiller

Guest rickywyatt
Great, how about the electronic compass? I have problems getting it to run on my U8100 with my own compiled kernel.

just going to tryit now hve you added a2sd and swop?

Guest kallt_kaffe
What's the difference between using this and SetCPU to overclock? Also can you provide the steps needed to add this to MG rom?

Give me the boot.img from the MG rom and I'll make a version for it but you may want to wait until I've reenabled swap.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt
I wish I could say the same... Compass broken on U8100 with the pulse mini kernel.

i just tryed and for so reason it gose into a boot loop in just restoring a backup then i try agian

Guest rickywyatt
I wish I could say the same... Compass broken on U8100 with the pulse mini kernel.

ok a2sd battery and network all woking ok just waiting for swap :lol:

Edited by rickywyatt

Guest kallt_kaffe

It'll come but at the moment I'm trying to fix the U8100 compass problem and I think I might have stumbled on the solution...

EDIT: Managed to fix it. In fact it's not a U8100 problem but rather that the Android that comes with U8100 expect the compass devices to be named /dev/akm8973_* while the Android that comes with pulse mini expect them to be named /dev/compass_*.

I'm compiling a swap enabled kernel for my own custom ROM now, but I will make another one later on for builds based on the pulse mini Android build (and I'll make two boot.img, one for stock T-mobile and one for the MG ROM). This will hopefully be the last versions at the moment.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here you go. MG ROM version with swap enabled.

These two boot images are using exactly the same kernel. The difference is the initrd.gz where one is the standard T-mobile one and the other is the MG ROM one you uploaded.

boot_swap_overclock_mgrom.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt
Here you go. MG ROM version with swap enabled.

These two boot images are using exactly the same kernel. The difference is the initrd.gz where one is the standard T-mobile one and the other is the MG ROM one you uploaded.

how do we setup swap?

Guest kallt_kaffe
how do we setup swap?

Partition the SD-card (make backup first) from Recovery image. I did only create a swap and not EXT2 partition and I now have a two partitions

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (FAT32)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (swap)

I suppose that if you choose to create aso an EXT2 partition (for a2sd) swap may end up in mmcblk0p3.

Then to enable swap type this (as root):

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Then type "free" to verify that swap is now active.

You need to run the swapon command everything you've rebooted the phone unless you run a custom ROM that enables it during boot. I also think there may be apps in the Market that sets up swap but I've never tried or search for them.

I've tried opening and closing a LOT of apps looked at the swap usage and I'd say 32Mb is propably enough but if you have a large card you may allocate 64Mb, it's not like you'll miss 32Mb on a 4 or 8Gb card.

You can readup on swap here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compcache

Compcache support is not added at the moment. I may add it later but I don't think it will be any faster than just using swap on the SD-card so it may not be worth the trouble.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi!

Can u modify my Vodafone 845(Huawei U8120) boot.img? (Sorry for my bad english)

I'd rather have /proc/config.gz from your phone first. Even then I cannot guarantee that the kernel will run on your phone.

Also check the /dev filsystem. I want to know if the compass is called /dev/akm8793_* or /dev/compass_*

I'd rather have /proc/config.gz from your phone first. Even then I cannot guarantee that the kernel will run on your phone.

Also check the /dev filsystem. I want to know if the compass is called /dev/akm8793_* or /dev/compass_*

Hi!

Here is my config.gz. I'm not find the /dev/akm8793_* and /dev/compass_*

config.gz

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hi!

Here is my config.gz. I'm not find the /dev/akm8793_* and /dev/compass_*

Hmm... look for anything in /dev/ that ends in _aot and _dev

Example:

$ cd /dev

cd /dev

$ ls *_aot

ls *_aot

akm8973_aot

I just want to make sure you don't end up with a non-working compass.

Hmm... look for anything in /dev/ that ends in _aot and _dev

Example:

$ cd /dev

cd /dev

$ ls *_aot

ls *_aot

akm8973_aot

I just want to make sure you don't end up with a non-working compass.

I'm found two files: akm8973_aot and akm8973_dev

Edited by pgeri91

Guest jasonXXx
Here you go... but it also has swap support but unless you use swap you won't notice any difference.

Ok just to conferme before i flash this is the stock uk t-mobile boot.img and the only parts changed are swap and setcpu? Thanks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok just to conferme before i flash this is the stock uk t-mobile boot.img and the only parts changed are swap and setcpu? Thanks.

Yes, but don't flash it. Fastboot it and run a few days to make sure it's stable before you flash it.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm found two files: akm8973_aot and akm8973_dev

Just like on my U8100 then. Also your config.gz matched my config.gz exactly.

There is good chance that my custom U8100 ROM (see separate thread in this forum) will run fine on your phone and there is allready an overclocked boot.img a few posts up for it.

But I'll make one for your boot.img anyway, stay tuned...