Share your camera pics here

Guest PaulOBrien

It seems when the light is strong enough, the quality is acceptable at this price.

Is there anyone can tell me whether SF camera supports auto-focus?

Edited by HelloW

• 2 weeks later...
Yes them pics are with autofocus

Hello

I'm new to the android scene and loving my SF but have an issue with the camera.

I know it's not great but just want to check it I've not got a duff one.

I was having lots of probs with blurred photos even though I consider myself to average hand steadiness :P.

I turned off the auto-focus and this seemed to improve things. (maybe there is a lag between the shutter and actual shot and I was moving off....)

However now I get strange warping/bending on about 1/3 of my shots even in good light- and the focus is not blurry

I've tried playing with settings (banding?) and trying other apps but they are still there

any one else seeing this?

examples attached...

post-779481-1288259762_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288259784_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288259797_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288259808_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288259866_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288260029_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288260037_thumb.jpg

post-779481-1288260048_thumb.jpg

Edited by n99

Guest clonmult
Thanks, didn't know that. 30fps?

Maybe it depends on the ROM, but the regular 2.1 roms (I'm running R3) don't offer VGA video recording.

The image distortion shown in the last post is related to movement - you absolutely have to keep the phone totally still until you're sure the image has been taken. Either the firmware or the camera has a really basic method of scanning the image, which can often result in shearing/distortion.

Its quite disturbing .....

Guest mELIANTE
Maybe it depends on the ROM, but the regular 2.1 roms (I'm running R3) don't offer VGA video recording.
Yeah, I found that out after I got it :P

The image distortion shown in the last post is related to movement - you absolutely have to keep the phone totally still until you're sure the image has been taken. Either the firmware or the camera has a really basic method of scanning the image, which can often result in shearing/distortion.

Its quite disturbing .....

The lense or back cover could be damaged also...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flopyro

i got my SF yesterday, and now i tryed to take some pics, but on the camera the autofocus does not work, it doesn't matter if i enable autofocus or not, the app just wont focus .

and i installed a barcode scanner, and with that scanner, the camera actualy focuses ! i donno what to do ! i downloaded another camera app witch supports autofocus, still nothing. launched barcode scanner and again the camera is focusing great, what's wrong with my SF ?

edit: now it works.. this phone is full of surprises !

Edited by flopyro

• 3 weeks later...
Guest peejay2000

I'm kind of bumping this topic, because I'm interested in the San Francisco, but of course the camera is its main weak spot, and it's interesting to know just how weak. So has anyone got any more photos to post, especially inside? Outdoor shots look pretty good to me.

So it's not a pure bump, and adding content, here's a gallery of sample shots from another review:

http://gallery.coolsmartphone.com/main.php?g2_itemId=3502

Guest Pierreism

Surprisingly not terrible at gigs either! Capably average overall I'd say. Am now making sure to bump up the exposure/saturation a notch when I take it out and about as it generally gets more pleasantly looking, less washed out results. Oh and I stay away from Autofocus at all times unless I'm getting a macro or something.

post-797633-1291397544_thumb.jpg

post-797633-1291397577_thumb.jpg

Guest Freekers

Here are some pictures I took of a laptop repair job I'm currently working on.

7051fd109860494.jpg f378cf109860562.jpg 72a7c3109860612.jpg 97e182109860649.jpg

The San Fran had a hard time capturing it correctly. The uploaded pics are the best ones out of a dozen I took...

Guest admanirv

Has anyone tried those image enhancer apps?, you know the icnrease megapixel apps that are present on the iphone.

I know, i know, its limited by hardware but i used to use one iPhone app (i was sceptical at first) and it definitely did subtly improve the picture a little for sure, not just i noticed this but everyone else - however it wasn't amazingly different.