How to tune a FM radio station

Guest moneytoo

Guest pjg_pigeon

Awesome work guys. This is my first android phone I really missed my radio. Why would Dell not include this is as a standard feature?

Who needs Dell when we have the expertise and knowledge of the guys(n girls) here.

Keep up the excellent work.

Edited by pjg_pigeon

Ok, it's quick an dirty, but here it is....

you need to use the up and down arrows to select the frequency at the moment, but it should remember the frequency between loads. Will try to implement more stuff as I learn more java.

Nice work!

Could you show any notification about on/off ? :lol:

Guest cowballz

Im confused on how this is even possible, why did dell leave this feature out lol , in the samsung captivate they took the hardware out before selling it to the masses from att , this is prob one.of the first easter eggs found for the device , awsome find!!!

you need to use the up and down arrows to select the frequency at the moment, but it should remember the frequency between loads. Will try to implement more stuff as I learn more java.

Really great work! Thank you very much!!

Guest steflucrene

nice work. thks.

you are the big in the world.

As far as I can tell from experimenting with the fm_hcitool there's no way to tell if the radio is running. I'm coming to the conclusion that the tool is a mash together that wasn't supposed to be in the img as some of the listed parameters don't always work.

Nice work!

Could you show any notification about on/off ? :lol:

Have installed App but get no sound ? earphones are connected and I am running 2.1

is there any setting that I need to alter.

Guest spences10
I am a bit new to Andriod Phones so I am not sure what Rooted means ?

my Streak is a UK O2 version upgraded to 2.1 when it was released

root means to have root access to your device, like admin rights on your PC

Basically it eans you can |rule| your device and install all manner of cool apps, like apps that can enable the OEM disabled fm radio

There are some great vdeos by chris chavez on youtube with info on this

Radio now working after using UniversalAndroot ..Thanks for the App and info

I've got UniversalAndroot, the first time I click root it tells me it fails. the 2nd time I click it it says it works. (this happens everytime). I get the superuser request for this app and give it permision. However the radio on off button fails to do anything.

From terminal it says fm_hcitool is not found.

I'm running a stock ATT Streak 1.6.

Any thoughts?

This forum is great, BTW.

I cannot get it to work, even after SU. Running stock 1.6 rooted. Screenshot below (ignore weird keyboard in pic as screen was rotating during screenshot).

Maybe read the thread ?

Possibly only for Android 2.1 (build 8105).

The first line of this thread states that it does not work with 1.6...

you need to update to 2.1, it has the bcom_fm driver and tools to make the fm receiver active

So for the 4th time, you need to be on 2.1 rooted

Guest digthemlows

Very cool, works perfectly and comes out of both headphones!! Thanks!! I now have even more uses for my streak..........this thing just keeps on becoming more and more of an ultimate piece of hardware!!