Hot Reboot without downloading anything.

Guest Apocangel

Guest Apocangel

I noticed that there is an app you con buy that will partially reboot your phone. Apparently it takes half the time to hot reboot that it takes to do a full reboot and it works almost the same completely freeing the ram

I downloaded the app but it doesn't work with my A1/s100 so I wondered if its possible to do something that will cause a half reboot which will only take like 5 to 10 seconds instead of the almost a minute it will take you to do a full reboot. then i remembered that our new Froyo leaks have a partially implemented Dolby Mobile.

If you create a shortcut to the activity in settings that manages Dolby Mobile you can have a half reboot in two clicks any time you need. You just need to enable/disable Dolby and it will cause a half reboot.

I don't know if doing it repeatedly might damage your phone so do it at your own risk. I myself have done it constantly for a while already without problems. Hopefully one of out great devs can implement a hot reboot app.

I noticed that there is an app you con buy that will partially reboot your phone. Apparently it takes half the time to hot reboot that it takes to do a full reboot and it works almost the same completely freeing the ram

I downloaded the app but it doesn't work with my A1/s100 so I wondered if its possible to do something that will cause a half reboot which will only take like 5 to 10 seconds instead of the almost a minute it will take you to do a full reboot. then i remembered that our new Froyo leaks have a partially implemented Dolby Mobile.

If you create a shortcut to the activity in settings that manages Dolby Mobile you can have a half reboot in two clicks any time you need. You just need to enable/disable Dolby and it will cause a half reboot.

I don't know if doing it repeatedly might damage your phone so do it at your own risk. I myself have done it constantly for a while already without problems. Hopefully one of out great devs can implement a hot reboot app.

Is your phone rooted ? if not, the app will not work.