• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

saeba_ryo

saeba_ryo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Motorola DEFY

Try to run this adb shell chmod 4777 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage vs. adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

That will make the file writable by anyone versus the owning user only. Will it affect the 'execute' permission?

gstar101

gstar101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540

Try to run this adb shell chmod 4777 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage vs. adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

Same thing, stopped the adb service n restarted it as well to no avail.

C:\rootgt540>root.bat

C:\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthe
cage
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
112 KB/s (0 bytes in 5392.000s)

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4777 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
/data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage: permission denied

C:\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

C:\rootgt540>adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /syste
m
mount: Operation not permitted

C:\rootgt540>adb push su /system/xbin/su
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

C:\rootgt540>adb push su /system/bin/su
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory

C:\rootgt540>adb push Superuser.apk /system/app
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory

C:\rootgt540>adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage, Is a directory

C:\rootgt540>adb shell reboot
reboot: Operation not permitted

C:\rootgt540>

joestone

joestone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

That will make the file writable by anyone versus the owning user only. Will it affect the 'execute' permission?

Normally not you are right , it has execute to all permission and rw permission to owner , but normally the original version should work. Maybe try a factory reset and try then the root process again of course backup your phone before factory reset .

ruichengweivip

ruichengweivip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
:) ;) :( :P :P I already know this, but still would like to thank

whotton

whotton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
arghhh... ive been at this for about an hour now and still cant get the root to work, i follow all the steps above but every time i try to start root.bat it says device not found? what am i doing wrong..

ive reinstalled drivers
enabled debugging mode
connected usb
run root.bat
error device not found? =/

help please

joestone

joestone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

arghhh... ive been at this for about an hour now and still cant get the root to work, i follow all the steps above but every time i try to start root.bat it says device not found? what am i doing wrong..

ive reinstalled drivers
enabled debugging mode
connected usb
run root.bat
error device not found? =/

help please

Try a restore factory defaults.

whotton

whotton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Try a restore factory defaults.

okay ill try a factory reset from the 'hidden menu' and try again thanks for the reply

[[ quick edit ]]

factory reset did it it installed adb drivers and worked a treat!
thanks mate much appreciated

Edited by whotton, 05 October 2010 - 09:37 AM.

RottenFoxBreath

RottenFoxBreath

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

okay ill try a factory reset from the 'hidden menu' and try again thanks for the reply
[[ quick edit ]]

factory reset did it it installed adb drivers and worked a treat!
thanks mate much appreciated

The command adb devices can show you if your phone can be seen by the pc, running from adb shell, before you start trying to do other things...to check, for example that the phone can actually be seen.
I found connecting the phone via usb, then selecting usb debugging picked it up first time, then comman adb shell, then adb devices shows the phone as the only active device.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath, 05 October 2010 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

whotton

whotton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The command adb devices can show you if your phone can be seen by the pc, running from adb shell, before you start trying to do other things...to check, for example that the phone can actually be seen.
I found connecting the phone via usb, then selecting usb debugging picked it up first time, then comman adb shell, then adb devices shows the phone as the only active device.

There was no need, it eventually picked it up once it had installed the drivers. when i connected the usb i checked which drivers my comp picked up and it said about 6 different related drivers for the phone and one unknown driver so i waited for that one to register and it turned out to be the adb driver and once that had instaled it worked as it should and rooted perfectly.

Thanks for the advice though

Kinosaki

Kinosaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:GT540
would this have a possibility of bricking my phone?

joestone

joestone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

would this have a possibility of bricking my phone?

No . This will not flash your phone .

craigb87

craigb87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus (2.1)
I'm trying to do this but with no luck. I have downloaded the zip file, unzipped. Connected my phone by USB and set USB debugging. Double clicked root.bat but it keeps saying 'device not found'. What should I try?

EoinSheehy

EoinSheehy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus
C:\Documents and Settings\Eoin Sheehy\Desktop\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage168 KB/s (0 bytes in 5392.000s)C:\Documents and Settings\Eoin Sheehy\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecageC:\Documents and Settings\Eoin Sheehy\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit © 2010 by 743C[*] checking NPROC limit ...[+] RLIMIT_NPROC={1712, 1712}[*] Searching for adb ...[+] Found adb as PID 1151[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset![*][*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to[*] [email protected] so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD![*][*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.

OK this may be an easy question but what do I do now.

Tulazan

Tulazan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

First off thanks for the info in this thread and the .bat files.

Now I original followed the How to root your LG GT540 post a while back and the hidden menu work a tread. I then flashed to the UK O2 10C ROM. After that I lost the hidden menu option to ROOT the GT540 so I had to use the Universal Androot method. All seemed good! Then I recently flashed to V20B and tried this method of getting ROOT access back. Even though SU installs fine if I use any APP that needs ROOT it says no! And If I use ADB shell I get the $ prompt then when I try su it says no as well.

Now I am new to Android tweaking so forgive this question... Am I missing something or does it seem like this .bat has only installed SU and my GT540 is not fully ROOTed?

Thanks for any info and keep up the good work!

[EDIT]

Well it looks like I might have worked around this thanks to Titanium Backup. I ran it and it said no root but maybe I should try a different busy box. So i let Titanium do it's thing and put a known working busy box on my phone and it is now all working including ADB shell (ADB $ su -> phone asked if ok I pressed yes -> ADB #).

Once again thanks for the great work you all do here. I look forward to going away and learning so I can come back and contribute in the future! :)

[/EDIT]

Edited by Tulazan, 10 October 2010 - 12:39 PM.

Atheos

Atheos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus GT540

Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.

Are you opening the the .bat file using astro file manager or in mass storage mode?

I have tried both and and no joy.

Edit: I entered the lines of code in manually and i got it rooted :P

If you could answer my question though it would be great.

Edited by Atheos, 20 October 2010 - 10:57 PM.

Techkingpin

Techkingpin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

This topic is made for people who is not able to follow the original guide and want to root their phone.
This guide was made in cooperation with doubletakeit.
!!!! Use it to Your own risk !!!!!!

This is simple method. Download the zip file. Extract it. Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.
Put Your phone to USB Debugging mode , and double click to root.bat found in the rootgt540 folder. After the phone reboots it is rooted.

To unroot the Phone turn on USB Debugging mode , double click to the unroot.bat in the gt540 folder.

[/urhttp://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63708l]
Navigate to settings.
[/urhttp://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63708l]
Select it.
[/urhttp://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63709l]
Select application.
[/urhttp://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63710l]
Turn on USB Debugging mode.
[/urhttp://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63711l]

My phone wont reboots, why i cant root? everthing is ok but not reboots and nothing then.

joestone

joestone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

My phone wont reboots, why i cant root? everthing is ok but not reboots and nothing then.

the root.bat should be run on the pc not on the phone.

Techkingpin

Techkingpin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

the root.bat should be run on the pc not on the phone.

I run it on the pc but no reboot only usb conection restart and nothing, after few times it will restart but cant start, stays on logo android and i must batery pul out to turn of.

hacker_didko

hacker_didko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus /Swift/
Succsuful managed to do the proccedure but i have one question . Do I have to do the proccedure for apps to sd every time I remove the sd card from the phone ?

dudeman1996_11

dudeman1996_11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus
Hi, I've followed this before and it worked, but i want to root a different phone, and I follow the instructions exactly, debugging is on, mass storage is off, but when i open root.bat it just does this

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/loca
l/tmp/rageagainstthecage
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagains
tthecage

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\Users\OWNER\Desktop\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and stays like that for ages the phone is plugged in, i've tried different usb ports, but it just wont work, any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users