app2sd was here... :D

Guest RAT-BoyZ

Guest RAT-BoyZ

first, im sorry for my english

for app2sd on optimus, you must have root level.

before install app2sd, please check you internal memory (setting-sd card & phone storage)

and remember your free space. :lol:

step:

1.Partition your sdcard (i use paragon manager)

make 3 partition on your sd card.

example : your sdcard is 4 GB

1st partition in FAT32 3 GB

2nd partition in ext2 700mb

3th partition swap 300 mb

=======EDITED=============================================

2.download this file link.

2. download this file link

3.extract the download file

4.copy all file to sdcard.

result : /sdcard/app2sd/

5.connect your phone from ADB File and type this command :

-adb shell

-su (approve with superuser aplication in your phone)

-sh /sdcard/app2sd/app2sd.sh

-wait...and your phone will reboot

=======EDITED=============================================

6.after reboot, please check your free memory in internal memory (setting-sd card & phone storage)

what happen in your memory?

B)

good luck bro...

Edited by RAT-BoyZ

Guest DBNemesis

Hi, I've rooted the phone after flashing to 2.1 - No problems that far. But I'm a little confused, I've run the scripts & the scheck script says ...OK, but how do you then manage where apps go?

Guest RAT-BoyZ
Hi, I've rooted the phone after flashing to 2.1 - No problems that far. But I'm a little confused, I've run the scripts & the scheck script says ...OK, but how do you then manage where apps go?

not manage app to sdcard. not like froyo.

automatically all application move to sdcard.

because when you open with root explorer. you open /system/sdcard this is a mount. you must look on the top root explorer. size is very biggest . and when you open again /data/app this is a mount too.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
can anyone confirm that this method work?

Yes, it does...

I couldn't get joestone's to work, kept getting "stderr: failed

stderr: mount: no such file or directory"or "sterr: mkdir failed for system/sdcard, file exist in a constant loop, but this worked fine.

DO NOT remove the phone, or think it's all over until the phone reboots..it seems to freeze, and give an error, but it doesn't, it's all part of it, and then it goes through the memory, then pauses for a bit, then the phone will switch off and reboot.

Props should actually also be given to arekl1988r from forum.android.com.pl as he posted this yesterday morning, but it seems to have slipped without notice..

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest max-greece

I was doing fine till this step:

-adb shell

-wait...and your phone will reboot.

What does "connect your phone from ADB File mean?"

I have rooted the phone. I have partitioned the phone (simply with the card it the phone - didn't use an SD card slot). Downloaded the file ok and extracted it to the directory on the SDcard.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I was doing fine till this step:

-adb shell

-wait...and your phone will reboot.

What does "connect your phone from ADB File mean?"

I have rooted the phone. I have partitioned the phone (simply with the card it the phone - didn't use an SD card slot). Downloaded the file ok and extracted it to the directory on the SDcard.

What I did was to download the Android SDK a while back from here! for windows(which is what i use!).

Extract it, open the Tools folder, copy everything from it, into the destination that your command window directs to --

In my case it was C:\Documents and Settings\*my name*, and that's where i copied everything from the Tools folder.

Made sure I had made a correctly sized set of FAT32 partition, and an Ext2 parition on my SD card, according to its size.

Made sure the .zip file was extracted and the app2sd folder copied to the SD card.

Then I connected the phone to the pc with the usb lead, selected Applications - Development in the phone Settings, and made sure USB debugging, and Stay Awake, were ticked.

Opened a command window, typed,

adb shell

then next prompt i typed,

su

^^ You will have to then check your phone, and "allow" superuser root access, so press "allow" on your phones screen.

then i typed,

sh /sdcard/app2sd/app2sd.sh

and wait, till your phone reboots - it will but it can take a bit (has a weird tone too..lol, totally different from any of the others.)

And that's it, remove the phone from the pc, close all your windows, and you might want to remove and re-install your apps, so they install on the sd card, or just leave it, so they install there from now on.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
OK - found ADB but I get the error:

sh: Can't open /sdcard/app2sd/app2sh.sh

????

B) :lol:

Guest max-greece

Just tried another card and the phone still does not see it.

IS this the way it is supposed to work? I think the programs I am installing from the marketplace are still installing to the main memory.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Just tried another card and the phone still does not see it.

IS this the way it is supposed to work? I think the programs I am installing from the marketplace are still installing to the main memory.

Did you make the partitions FAT32, and the Ext2 ones correctly?

For Example, in "Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition", you select your card, delete existing partitions on it, apply, create a primary FAT32 partion* of whatever size, and apply it.

Then create a Ext2 primary partition* with the rest of the space, and apply it.

* Drag the sliders from right to left

Finally, follow the steps in the post above, to run app2sd.

Guest max-greece
Did you make the partitions FAT32, and the Ext2 ones correctly?

My card is an 8Gb card.

I reduced the main partition to 6.41 GB - FAT 32 (my computer sees it when I remove it from the phone and insert it into the SD card Reader).

I created a second partition of 698.11 MB Ext. 2 and a third partition as a linux swap partition of 337.27 MB using the Minitool partition wizard which sees all of these when I look at the card in the SD slot.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
My card is an 8Gb card.

I reduced the main partition to 6.41 GB - FAT 32 (my computer sees it when I remove it from the phone and insert it into the SD card Reader).

I created a second partition of 698.11 MB Ext. 2 and a third partition as a linux swap partition of 337.27 MB using the Minitool partition wizard which sees all of these when I look at the card in the SD slot.

You don't need a swap file...

I left 6.4something or other gig, for FAT32, and 1gig or thereabouts for the Ext2, no swap file.

Both marked as primary partitions, in the adjusting slider window.

Guest max-greece
You don't need a swap file...

I left 6.4something or other gig, for FAT32, and 1gig or thereabouts for the Ext2, no swap file.

Both marked as primary partitions, in the adjusting slider window.

I changed the 2nd partition to a primary one but the system still does not see the card at all.

What now? I do not think deleting the swap partition will do much. The phone itself seems to have the problem now.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
an improvement in the link took place to app2sd

Sorry for my english

:lol:

What improvements are there?

And would you just install the new one over the old one?

Guest max-greece

Just did a hard-reboot and I still cant see the SD card at all on the phone.

If I re-installed 2.1 would it reset the phone to use the internal storage? How do I get out of this?

Please help....

Guest droidpereira

i think it works but i'll try to install apps to see if it goes to sd card

edit: don't work i'll try to format again

Edited by droidpereira

Guest max-greece

All good now.

After getting the card back I re-rooted the phone and fixed the SD card into 2 partitions and then reinstalled the App2sd.

I then reinstalled a bunch of apps from the marketplace and a bunch more from the backups from Astro.

Thus far the only app that has a problem is the PubMed application which causes the LG Home to crash out and restart.

Anyway I am showing 124 Mb free for internal storage with 34 apps installed so far. Seems to be working.....

Guest RottenFoxBreath
don't work, this only move the apps to sd don't install

What???...

Course it works..the clue's in the title App2SD..it will allow you to install apps to the Ext2 partition on the SD card, rather than installing apps to the systems 120 or so meg..so you can have gigs worth of extra app space, if you ever need it.

This in conjunction with something like Root Explorer, Titanium, or Astro, allows you to back up your apps/system, and install new or existing apps to the SD card.

Maybe try reading first please... :)