MIUI - IOS UI MOD for Desire - youtube link added

Guest shingers5

Guest shingers5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=172

this rom is currently taking xda by storm. completely new take on a vanilla experience with an IOS feel. this is just a heads up to offer people something fresh and new. link above is to the english mod of this rom. in Desire forum the main thread can be found for different version. this is new and intuitive and the chinese guys behind this are really gifted. its based on cyan 6.0 so stability is assured. i also recommend the Desire HD port as that gives all the goodness of new sense UI on our Desire. camera is only issue to be resolved but stable and quick enough to be used.

:)

youtube video added

Edited by shingers5

Guest shingers5
Is this not a Nexus One ROM though?

No mate that's what I am using now. Not much difference between nexus and desire any road. Works on both and wii blow you away. Its gonna be huge this mate. Using it now to reply to this.

Guest shingers5
Any chance of some screenshots? Couldn't seem to find any over at xda..

Check out YouTube video on xda. Click on full forum link top right on link provided as there are videos of it in full flow. Post link to video in a minute

Guest shingers5
Actually, I'm sticking with the new Sense HD Rom from xda right now, I L-O-V-E it.

here is the youtube video of this bad boy in action. dont knock it till you try try. you guys think i am kidding here....... this is a complete rework of froyo and not just a theme

- create folder on home screen and drag and drop icons into it just like iphone IOS

- lockscreen fully customised. touch sms icon and see preview of message received, then drag to unlock anf go direct to messages

- message preview on home screen and can reply direct from home screen

check out this awesome creation

Guest shingers5
Actually, I'm sticking with the new Sense HD Rom from xda right now, I L-O-V-E it.

even the guy you is working on Desire HD port has tried it so there you go. it stable and very quick. very few things remain in chinese. everything works but few omissions in market like spotify. i have been in market and all i use is there so i am happy as are many many others on XDA. this is a rom for daily usage as its so stable

Guest shingers5
It´s still a Chinese rom with no English translation?

the link i provided in the 1st post is full rom with english pack applied so all english bar a few icons that relate to the creators site. i am using it now and dont speak or read chinese. the youtube vid is best to show exactly what it does

check this XDA forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...123&page=27

screenshots on page 27 post #262. or this link to page 27 and scroll down http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...123&page=27

Edited by shingers5

Guest volatile_ink

My calender says 3rd October, should it read 1st April?

WTF would you want to take 1,000,000 steps back and have your desire look like an iPhone?

Guest shingers5
My calender says 3rd October, should it read 1st April?

WTF would you want to take 1,000,000 steps back and have your desire look like an iPhone?

mate this is not an argument. if you dont like it don't try it period. no need to come off all like that. this just shows how customisable android really is if you have the know how. swerve this one if its not for you! this forum is for everyone and there are others who might wanna try something new and fresh. i too use the Desire HD port with no camera but this is wicked

Guest BashyUK

I can understand and appeciate that it's impressive from a technical achievement perspective but yeah sorry, I can't make my phone look like the phone I made a conscious decision NOT to buy! Show that to an iFail owner and they won't think 'whoo that's impressive!' they'll just think 'why didn't you just buy one you wannabe?!' A standard response from someone buying a phone for fashion purposes :) I Will definitely leave this one well alone!

Guest volatile_ink
mate this is not an argument. if you dont like it don't try it period. no need to come off all like that. this just shows how customisable android really is if you have the know how. swerve this one if its not for you! this forum is for everyone and there are others who might wanna try something new and fresh. i too use the Desire HD port with no camera but this is wicked

The question mark is a clue... it was a question not an argument. If I wanted to make a statement, I'd have left the question mark out. :) ;) :(

I can understand and appeciate that it's impressive from a technical achievement perspective but yeah sorry, I can't make my phone look like the phone I made a conscious decision NOT to buy! Show that to an iFail owner and they won't think 'whoo that's impressive!' they'll just think 'why didn't you just buy one you wannabe?!' A standard response from someone buying a phone for fashion purposes :) I Will definitely leave this one well alone!

Just use launcher pro or adw launcher. The icons will remain ehhh boxy but the usual android feel will stay.

Guys you have recoveries and nandroid to backup and restore, just try the damn rom before judging. The best battery results I ever had was under this rom. 3 days with medium usage was out of the question before for me but this rom rocks!

Guest shingers5
Oh so just to get this straight, this Rom makes your phone look like an iPhone?

yeah and no. the UI is based around the IOS look and functionality but this is truly Froyo all the way man. it does all what iphone fan boys dream bout but based on cyan mod 6.0. i use it as it is stable, fast and reliable not cause i want an iphone as i have got an iphone 4. in comparison this blows IOS 4.1 away

Guest spammyspam

I was thinking of heading to Cyan, but I may try this instead. The paranoid part of me wonders about trusting such an unknown entity with a ROM though. Thoughts?

Guest shingers5
I was thinking of heading to Cyan, but I may try this instead. The paranoid part of me wonders about trusting such an unknown entity with a ROM though. Thoughts?

its on a base from a mod we know and trust so cant see anything going wrong at all. give it a whirl as can always flash back if not happy as thats the beauty of this flash scenario man. without these forums i'd be so bored. i alternate between this and desire HD port

Guest Subject Delta

The whole reason that I brought a desire was that it wasn't an iPhone, but it's nice to see the modding seen creating something for everyone :)

Guest spammyspam
its on a base from a mod we know and trust so cant see anything going wrong at all. give it a whirl as can always flash back if not happy as thats the beauty of this flash scenario man. without these forums i'd be so bored. i alternate between this and desire HD port

I was more talking about backdoors into my bank account and email kinda stuff... but it seems that MIUI has quite a following overseas so it's not as unknown as I thought.

Guest woti17

seems it quite happily introduces the usb - sdcard mount bug again?

in vold.fstab "auto" ...

what about the problems described in the thread on xda: languages/keyboards not working, wifi/browser not working, some market apps not available, bootloops ... to name only a few?

why should it be any different from other roms - beside the userinterface, it uses the same radios,

what about the kernel/libraries - which and how modified? modules - ipv6 gets enabled by default, but no tun and cifs module?

Guest shingers5
seems it quite happily introduces the usb - sdcard mount bug again?

in vold.fstab "auto" ...

what about the problems described in the thread on xda: languages/keyboards not working, wifi/browser not working, some market apps not available, bootloops ... to name only a few?

why should it be any different from other roms - beside the userinterface, it uses the same radios,

what about the kernel/libraries - which and how modified? modules - ipv6 gets enabled by default, but no tun and cifs module?

i have had none of these so cannot talk for others. the things missing from market i dont use as all my apps are on the phone. i have had no bugs with this rom at all so thats my user experience. bootloops are down to flashing as i have 96mb swap and 1024 ext 4 which have given me no issues. rom is sweet and battery still going strong. i dont see point of trying to find faults with the rom as if its not for you dont flash it. geez! if you do flash you may not experience any of the things mentioned on XDA as i have found.

Edited by shingers5

Guest BashyUK
Just use launcher pro or adw launcher. The icons will remain ehhh boxy but the usual android feel will stay.

Guys you have recoveries and nandroid to backup and restore, just try the damn rom before judging. The best battery results I ever had was under this rom. 3 days with medium usage was out of the question before for me but this rom rocks!

I've been using adw since I got my phone but am currently back on Sense, having realised just how good it is. Although I don't understand the relevance of your points to this post???

Hey, I never said it was a bad ROM did I?! Just that I don't want my phone to look like an iPhone as it isn't one nor do I want one! Chill bro!

As for battery, glad to hear it, today is the first day I've not had to charge during the day, go Alex-V :)