Wifi problems

Guest shoarmabakpao

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hello, I got problems with my WIFI, it never has worked and now I am trying to flash it to 2.1, if that works out would my WIFI work? If it doesn't I can't bring it back to the store right???

Guest shoarmabakpao

No, but my samsung omnia 2 is able to work on my wifi network.

The strange thing is my uncle's Sony Ericsson X10 (android 1.6) couldn't join my network either so could this be android only that fails to opperate on my network since it DOES make a connection and it says that IT is connected with my WIFI router.

Also IPHONE 3GS 32GB DID work on this so I really think this is only for android that fails with my router (Linksys WRT320n)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
WPA+PSK is not an option at my router or am I doing something wrong???

and how do I select channel 11???

On your router, make sure that you have Broadcast/Show SSID set to "Enabled", so that the SSID is NOT hidden, when you are on 1.6, or use "Hidden SSID Enabler", to join a hidden network, on Android 1.6.

On Android 2.1, the WiFi, CAN connect to hidden networks. :)

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest shoarmabakpao

My LG GT540GO Optimus does see my network, it is able to join it but it can't use it for internet which is confusing for me since my uncle's sony ericsson X10 (android 1.6) has the same problem at my house meanwhile his X10 is able to join his network at home and browse the internet >.<

Iphone3gs 32gb and samsung omnia 2 ARE able to join my network AND browse the internet with no problems.

Is my LG GT540GO Optimus' wifi chip dead??? I really don't get it :)

Guest RottenFoxBreath
My LG GT540GO Optimus does see my network, it is able to join it but it can't use it for internet which is confusing for me since my uncle's sony ericsson X10 (android 1.6) has the same problem at my house meanwhile his X10 is able to join his network at home and browse the internet >.<

Iphone3gs 32gb and samsung omnia 2 ARE able to join my network AND browse the internet with no problems.

Is my LG GT540GO Optimus' wifi chip dead??? I really don't get it :)

Have you checked your settings?...done what i suggest above?

Also, is your phone branded? who supplies your phone service?

Guest shoarmabakpao

I checked all my settings I did everything you recommend.

My phone is Vodafone branded (which I think is the problem) and the service is also from Vodafone but their internet (not on wifi) does work and when I turn wifi on it just doesn't get on the internet since I got 1gb free internet on my new simcard and if that's over I can't get on internet or it will cost me money :)

All in all my network name is Johnyboii on WEP with a 10 digit password. I also tried this with no password and no security but still the same, it does connect it says it's connected but can't browse the web or use any other internet-using app ;)

EDIT: IT WORKS!!!!!!! I chose use mobile network and it worked than I took my simcard out and tried it again and it worked!!!! I am sooo happy!!! thank you all of you

EDIT 1: It doesn't work anymore when I put the sim back in it and now even without the simcard it still can't connect, it only connects to www.vodafone.com which is strange because it's vodafone branded =(

Edited by shoarmabakpao