[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest adamguest1985

Hi guys. Anyone figured out the contacts problem yet?

I assume the problem in the messaging app is related to the dodgy contact list, so, question is, can anyone fix it?

I've tried simply swapping it out, and get all sorts of problems.

Worth noting though, if you add a contact via google contacts (online) named "$" when you sync the $ at the top of the contact app (phone) turns into a %.

So, contact app in the rom has a syntax error somewhere. If I knew how to re-write/package apk's I could have a look, but alas, I don't.

If anyone knows, give us a clue. Please.

Best rom by far, but these little things niggle me.

Cheers fellas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Nathair Glas

i ran into problems installing custom ROMS, but i tried this and its so much easier to use than orange's stupid ROM. keyboard is 10 times easier to use for starters.

Thanks alot for the links!

• 2 months later...

Yes you need to change, they' are not compatible, never tried but i think it will cause soft brick. But why don't you try other gingerbread roms? They're better.

If I have GEN 2 phone but want to install this GEN 1 ROM, should I change phone to GEN1? If I won't change, is it possible to brick the phone?

Guest VeilaKillar

Yes you need to change, they' are not compatible, never tried but i think it will cause soft brick. But why don't you try other gingerbread roms? They're better.

Ok, thank you. I just can't get rid of random reboots on my white OSF. It's so random that I can't say what is the reason. Playing game - reboot. After that playong same game - reboot. 3rd time - everything is fine.

Then what would you recommend?

This is okay, I'm currently using it. But of course feel free to try the others.

Ok, thank you. I just can't get rid of random reboots on my white OSF. It's so random that I can't say what is the reason. Playing game - reboot. After that playong same game - reboot. 3rd time - everything is fine.

Then what would you recommend?