T-Mobile UK can now use orange

Guest technaudio

Guest Mr Taylor

Just for information, 3G coverage in order of most coverage: 3, Orange, T-mobile, Vodafone, O2. If people think Orange are shi*, try one of the worse ones or switch to 3 and use a crap phone 6 months after everyone else has had it.

I had T-mobile before and barely had a signal at home or work, but now the new merger makes me even happier because i can get orange at home and work and will be able to benefit from the 3G city coverage that T-mobile excels at

Cheers

Guest volatile_ink
Just for information, 3G coverage in order of most coverage: 3, Orange, T-mobile, Vodafone, O2. If people think Orange are shi*, try one of the worse ones or switch to 3 and use a crap phone 6 months after everyone else has had it.

I had T-mobile before and barely had a signal at home or work, but now the new merger makes me even happier because i can get orange at home and work and will be able to benefit from the 3G city coverage that T-mobile excels at

Cheers

YMMV.

I've been using this at my girlfriends house because when I'm there on T-Mobile, no matter how good a signal (it's frequently at -60-70 dbm) and no matter whether I'm on GPRS or HSDPA, I consistently get a really crap data connection, really slow rates and timeouts and things. I have no idea why, but at least now I can manually roam onto Orange and although I only get GPRS, it's a lot better GPRS than T-Mo seem to be able to provide in that spot.

Honestly T-Mobiles network is a bit crap, if you happen to be right in the middle of town you will get good coverage and data rates, as soon as you head out of town centre a bit they are f*cking awful. I'm honestly only still with them because I worked there for a bit so I get a half price contract. I really hope this merger helps a bit.

Edited by chipyy

Guest BashyUK
I've been using this at my girlfriends house because when I'm there on T-Mobile, no matter how good a signal (it's frequently at -60-70 dbm) and no matter whether I'm on GPRS or HSDPA, I consistently get a really crap data connection, really slow rates and timeouts and things. I have no idea why, but at least now I can manually roam onto Orange and although I only get GPRS, it's a lot better GPRS than T-Mo seem to be able to provide in that spot.

Honestly T-Mobiles network is a bit crap, if you happen to be right in the middle of town you will get good coverage and data rates, as soon as you head out of town centre a bit they are f*cking awful. I'm honestly only still with them because I worked there for a bit so I get a half price contract. I really hope this merger helps a bit.

Depends where you live, in my out of town area all but T-Mobile struggle with a full HDSPA connection, in fact they struggle with 2G too so in my experience T-Mobile has been great and all those I know on Orange have problems! And the strong performance is consistent in all the places I am regularly in, Greater Manchester/Manchester/Leeds.