Running r24, can't OC?

Guest DiabloTerrorGF

Guest DiabloTerrorGF

Why does setCPU not give me the option to OC anymore?

Also is there a wiki to look up all these acronyms like ERD, FRG, etc? No idea what they mean yet.

Edited by DiabloTerrorGF

Guest crawler9
Why does setCPU not give me the option to OC anymore?

Also is there a wiki to look up all these acronyms like ERD, FRG, etc? No idea what they mean yet.

If you'd like to overclock your phone, you'll need to flash a custom kernel that supports overclocking. R24 doesn't support overclocking without modification. Also, the "acronyms" you asked about aren't really acronyms at all, but instead are merely build numbers. While not constant, they progress alphabetically and numerically. They reflect what version of Android each rom is (or in the case of custom ROMs, which official version its based on.) I don't know if the other characters hhave any special significance, but the first indicates the main branch of the OS e.g. ERD79 and EPF30 are based on Eclair and FRF91 and FRG83 are based on Froyo.

Cheers!

crawler9

Sent from my Nexus One

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Big-A-Rob
If you'd like to overclock your phone, you'll need to flash a custom kernel that supports overclocking. R24 doesn't support overclocking without modification. Also, the "acronyms" you asked about aren't really acronyms at all, but instead are merely build numbers. While not constant, they progress alphabetically and numerically. They reflect what version of Android each rom is (or in the case of custom ROMs, which official version its based on.) I don't know if the other characters hhave any special significance, but the first indicates the main branch of the OS e.g. ERD79 and EPF30 are based on Eclair and FRF91 and FRG83 are based on Froyo.

Cheers!

crawler9

Sent from my Nexus One

So what kernel do you suggest? I haven't been able to find a consensus on a good kernel that has OC, wifi, and hotspur working for r24.

Guest crawler9
So what kernel do you suggest? I haven't been able to find a consensus on a good kernel that has OC, wifi, and hotspur working for r24.

I don't know of any for sure, but you might want to try intersectRaven's kernels.