no calls 3g/2g after upgrade on Vodafone, Network issue

Guest Aris2010

Guest Aris2010

hello,

after upgrading to 2.1 android i cant make any calls when the network signal isn't good and goes to 2g services. if a 3g signal is present all calls and sms go through, but when not if someone calls it said phone is closed... any idea??

thnks in advance.

Guest Clarkey15
hello,

after upgrading to 2.1 android i cant make any calls when the network signal isn't good and goes to 2g services. if a 3g signal is present all calls and sms go through, but when not if someone calls it said phone is closed... any idea??

thnks in advance.

There are a rare few of us who seem to be having the opposite problem and as far as I'm aware we're still trying to work out what's going wrong.

Guest saeba_ryo
hello,

thnks in advance.

You are having the same problems as the user "max-greece" who also has Vodafone GR. There is no known fix at the moment, Cosmote and Wind have NO such problems. I also have Vodafone GR and staying in 1.6 because of this known problem. I am thinking of leaving vodafone anyway, going to Cosmote probably.

Guest max-greece
You are having the same problems as the user "max-greece" who also has Vodafone GR. There is no known fix at the moment, Cosmote and Wind have NO such problems. I also have Vodafone GR and staying in 1.6 because of this known problem. I am thinking of leaving vodafone anyway, going to Cosmote probably.

Confirmed. With 2.1 2g simply does not work at all. On 3G everything works.

BTW - when setting up a data connection the phone does not work if you put in the username and password that vodafone tell you to. IF you set up the connection leaving username and password blank it does work perfectly.

I have setup my phone to only use the 3G network. I do ocasionally drop off the network altogether as a result but coverage is pretty good in Athens so it doesn't happen too often.

Guest Aris2010

well LG just aired 2.1 for Greece mobile GT540 devices, but the problem still there, at least for my problem, still no calls when 2G coverage available. Just 3G here in Crete 3G isn't always available.Most of the times only 2G is available. Anyone has same problem?

Guest max-greece
well LG just aired 2.1 for Greece mobile GT540 devices, but the problem still there, at least for my problem, still no calls when 2G coverage available. Just 3G here in Crete 3G isn't always available.Most of the times only 2G is available. Anyone has same problem?

Yes - same here. I have heard that it affects phones purchased through vodafone but not those bought through the general market. I have no idea why this should be the case.

Guest saeba_ryo
Yes - same here. I have heard that it affects phones purchased through vodafone but not those bought through the general market. I have no idea why this should be the case.

Dunno what to tell you guys, calls work fine for me in 2G with Vodafone GR, upgraded the phone the official way. Any of you member in myphone.gr? I write there as user "cca".

Guest PaulZero
It does appear to be new but there is no way to download it from there.

Any ideas where I might get hold of it?

The page I linked before just notifies of new updates, I've got it saved on here and my GT540 so I can check constantly for anything from the UK. Anyway there's a mention of a new Vodafone 2.1 ROM for Greece / Cyprus in the thread linked below... Although it looks like you've already found it. :)

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/311...Array/page/400/

Guest saeba_ryo

The new ROM is here: Greek V20a Vodafone

But as Papp0us said, flashing through the KDZ updater changes nothing. I on the other hand never used KDZ updater, flashed the Greek V20a (not Vodafone) with the official tool, no problems with Vodafone and 2G.

I wonder if the KDZ updater does not update the "radio" part of the ROM, doing only a partial upgrade of the main OS.

I'm not 100% sure, but i think there is a way to use LG Mobile update to flash selected ROM. You start KDZ_FW_UPD_EN, then you select ROM, click on read phone information and then upgrade start. After this LG Mobile Update tool starts and tries to flash your phone. I haven't tested it myself as i'm still on 1.6.

Guest papp0us
I'm not 100% sure, but i think there is a way to use LG Mobile update to flash selected ROM. You start KDZ_FW_UPD_EN, then you select ROM, click on read phone information and then upgrade start. After this LG Mobile Update tool starts and tries to flash your phone. I haven't tested it myself as i'm still on 1.6.

I'm trying to do it, but when i press update i get an error.. No way out:P

Hi,

Its my first post, so i say Hello to the community of android modaco, and sory for my english.

I have kinda same problem as you guys. Im in Orange (Poland) and my problem starts with flash on 2.1, but my 540 dosent work even in 3g. It says that im not available atm, I need to disable my mobile network to get incomming calls, but still i can make calls (in 2g/3g).

I figured out that we can acces in advanced options by the code *#*#4636#*#* but changes i've made there are not helpful. About flashing, I have tryed most of roms available with 2.1, tryed flashing with LG Utils and KDZ but there is no sign of better. Hope we soon get the solution.

Edit:

Btw, English version of kdz is unstable on my laptop with windows 7 x64 so i didnt give it a try.

Edited by AnS1

• 2 months later...
Guest Aris2010

the problem, for me at least, wasn't the 2.1 update. I sent it to LG Greece for repair, they changed the internal antenna and everything is working fine.. For now of course because i still have a small feeling it is the 2.1 version fault. But will see.