Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

I disagree, I returned my folio 100 but that was because of glitchy drivers and a poor screen, "upscaling" is mostly a myth, most non-game apps will (and did) simply display just fine at the new resolution with no fuzziness or blurriness (using the mdpi resources at 1:1) Games will generally scale just fine if they use opengles (textures will use bicubic filtering even at "normal" resolutions)

Ahh fair enough :rolleyes: I was basing my findings on a 2mins play about :huh:

My main worry is whether the tegra2 is actually just really glitchy and incompatible or if the Folio just had bad drivers, the Vega will act as another data point there.

Let's hope its bad drivers/implementation, my point about the rom being signed with test keys my emphasise this problem. Time will tell! :huh:

I would say if you are a consumer and simply wish to consume purchased content, get an iPad. If you are a creator, don't.

Agreed

Guest Carbonize
I didn't think Tesco sold the iPad? If they did I'd be very tempted as I've got loads of vouchers. I'd prefer an android device (purely for proper flash support) but want a 10" screen. the tab is just too small. Can anyone confirm they def. sell it instore - it's not on their website.

Not sure why I said iPad, I meant Dell Streak.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.2000419.aspx

Im yet another in the que waiting on the advent to arrive.Came across the forum purely by chance whilst googling for info on the tablet.Ipad not for me (already have a touch)and whilst I love the one stop shop for movies,music etc the lack of flash is a no go and im bored with it need a change.I have an android htc so this has helped in making my choice.

I swore I would wait before buying the galaxy tab but buckled and ordered it from Currys yesterday £464. The advent will be my next purchase for sons xmas present but am doubtful its going to appear on the 18th as stated.Dixons had it as coming soon on thursday with some other tablet which I cant remember along with the foilo and galaxy.Theres no mention of these two tablets on site now which makes me fear that release date is pushed back yet again?

Guest shutdown

just saw this on Twitter: "Advent Vega physically in stock at PC World in Airside, but not yet available for sale :rolleyes: Hopefully I can pick one up tomorrow."

Guest firedup
Im yet another in the que waiting on the advent to arrive.Came across the forum purely by chance whilst googling for info on the tablet.Ipad not for me (already have a touch)and whilst I love the one stop shop for movies,music etc the lack of flash is a no go and im bored with it need a change.I have an android htc so this has helped in making my choice.

I swore I would wait before buying the galaxy tab but buckled and ordered it from Currys yesterday £464. The advent will be my next purchase for sons xmas present but am doubtful its going to appear on the 18th as stated.Dixons had it as coming soon on thursday with some other tablet which I cant remember along with the foilo and galaxy.Theres no mention of these two tablets on site now which makes me fear that release date is pushed back yet again?

How did you get it for £464?

Guest welshblob
just saw this on Twitter: "Advent Vega physically in stock at PC World in Airside, but not yet available for sale :rolleyes: Hopefully I can pick one up tomorrow."

Maybe Kevrae could confirm :-)

Care to share? :rolleyes:

Of course,hope I allowed to post codes on this site? :huh: code is "35POUND"

£35 off ALL orders over £499 (excl iPad)

Extended to 12 Nov 2010

Guest firedup
Of course,hope I allowed to post codes on this site? :rolleyes: code is "35POUND"

£35 off ALL orders over £499 (excl iPad)

Extended to 12 Nov 2010

Grrrrr they've just reduced the price to 489 so code no longer valid.

Thanks anyway

Ill wait to see if there is any truth in the vega post above

Guest Carbonize

Thanks anyway

Or you could order some headphones to make up the cost.

Thanks anyway

While on product page if you look on bundles you can get it with 8gb memory card for £504.98 you could then use code to get discount. im actually sorry I didnt get a memory card with mine :rolleyes:

unfortunately guys i cant confirm stock just yet as great for me I'm off on holiday and wont be back at work till mid next week. hopefully i should have stock of the vega when i get back on the tuesday so will let you know then.

Guest charlie_82

After realising the Vega wasn't going to be available on the 18th of October as we all hoped and prayed for, was the next confirmed date not the 14th November?

If so, it would make sense for stores to be receiving stock now - to have time for cataloging and updating systems to be ready for the 14th?

I'm growing sooooooo impatient for this device already :rolleyes:

Guest firedup
After realising the Vega wasn't going to be available on the 18th of October as we all hoped and prayed for, was the next confirmed date not the 14th November?

That's what I thought...

Also the advent vega ad seems to have moved from the pc world site.

And weirdly the Folio has gone completely from Currys website...

MMM I smell a rat,I honestly cant see the vega arriving anytime soon,as for the foilo its maybe been pulled due to unhappy purchasers.Theres been a lot of hype with the unresponsive screen and the lack of flash but hey what do I know!

Guest removed-14
MMM I smell a rat,I honestly cant see the vega arriving anytime soon,as for the foilo its maybe been pulled due to unhappy purchasers.Theres been a lot of hype with the unresponsive screen and the lack of flash but hey what do I know!

The advert for the Vega is still on the Dixons site.

Guest Carbonize

If so, it would make sense for stores to be receiving stock now - to have time for cataloging and updating systems to be ready for the 14th?

18th October? Not sure where you got that idea from because as far as I am aware the initial speculation date was 1st November but recent news put it as being released on 18th November.

Guest Unguided

Folio still shows up on PC World web site, also when on the main page of Curry's for the Pads, the text shows there should be 2 pads in the Internet Pad section where the Folio was, could just be a web glitch. Though I also notice going into the Ineternet Tablets page on PCW results in only the Tab being shown no Folio.

Well if they are going to pull it maybe they'll knock the price down and sell em off cheap to get rid of the stock :rolleyes: