Email widget?

Guest wired

I can't seem to find an email widget for the built-in Exchange client. All the email widgets I've found are for gmail or pop3/imap... is there one that supports the exchange mailbox on 2.1?

Best answer is either Pure Calendar Widget (which I use) or Pure Grid Calendar Widget. Both work great with the Exchange client (as well as GMail), and also with Touchdown. Both are extremely flexible in terms of configurable and skinning, and are fully scrollable if you're using a decent launcher like ADW or LauncherPro (both are free). Pick the widget design you like best; cost is a whopping $2 for either one. (And if you're a serious Exchange/Outlook user, IMHO Touchdown is also the only way to go... not real cheap, but absolutely worth every penny and better-supported than any app I've yet found.)

Best answer is either Pure Calendar Widget (which I use) or Pure Grid Calendar Widget. Both work great with the Exchange client (as well as GMail), and also with Touchdown. Both are extremely flexible in terms of configurable and skinning, and are fully scrollable if you're using a decent launcher like ADW or LauncherPro (both are free). Pick the widget design you like best; cost is a whopping $2 for either one. (And if you're a serious Exchange/Outlook user, IMHO Touchdown is also the only way to go... not real cheap, but absolutely worth every penny and better-supported than any app I've yet found.)

Mmm, isn't that a calendar widget? I'm after an email widget. I had a look at the Pure Messenger widget before, but it specifically mentions POP3 and IMAP only.

I use Touchdown on my Desire, but I don't want to buy it again for the Streak as it's mainly a second phone. The TD email widget is pretty ugly too...

For calendars, I just use the LauncherPro one. Works well, and is super-smooth too!

Mmm, isn't that a calendar widget? I'm after an email widget.

My sincere apologies - I should know better than to post things after a long day. :) Apparently I didn't read very well, either. You are right, of course; a calendar widget won't help you much with email. As they used to say, "Never mind...". I don't know of a good email widget for Exchange, either, so will be interested to see if someone has one to suggest. And as much as I like TD, I have to agree that their widgets aren't very attractive. (That's why I'm using the Pure Calendar widget.)

• 3 months later...
Guest milkykung
I published a widget app just for that a few months ago. For Exchange support with stock android mail app is has to be installed as system app on some devices though. More on my website:

http://blog.invalidobject.com/android-app-email-widget

device_small.pngdevice8_small.png

Looks very promising. I'll check that out ;)

Cheers,

Edited by milkykung