Android Market - App locked in constant "installing" loop

Guest simmybear

Guest simmybear

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I' a noobie on this forum. Does any body know how to get rid of an application in Android market -downloads that's permanently stuck on Installing but never finishes.

I've even re-flashed the ROM and started from scratch but every time I go to the market and look at downloads there it is still downloading and its driving me NUTS.

I've tried clearing the cache in settings-applications-market-cache but it doesn't go away - it's like the proverbial albatross round the neck.

Any help would be gratefully received!

(I'm running a MoDaCo custom ROM (R3) on an Orange SanFrancisco)

SIMMYBEAR

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I' a noobie on this forum. Does any body know how to get rid of an application in Android market -downloads that's permanently stuck on Installing but never finishes.

I've even re-flashed the ROM and started from scratch but every time I go to the market and look at downloads there it is still downloading and its driving me NUTS.

I've tried clearing the cache in settings-applications-market-cache but it doesn't go away - it's like the proverbial albatross round the neck.

Any help would be gratefully received!

(I'm running a MoDaCo custom ROM (R3) on an Orange SanFrancisco)

SIMMYBEAR

Suffering the same problem here with stock Orange Hero running the OTA 2.1 upgrade.

Hopefully a solution will be posted soon.

Guest tetris15
Suffering the same problem here with stock Orange Hero running the OTA 2.1 upgrade.

Hopefully a solution will be posted soon.

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Market/Clear Data and Clear Cache

• 2 weeks later...