Autostarts

Guest PaulOBrien

autostarts1.pngautostarts2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Autostarts

What they say

Keep control over your phone: See what applications do behind your back.

Shows you what apps run on phone startup, and what other events trigger in the background. Root users can disable unwanted autostarts and speed up their phone boot.

What we say

Keep track of and disable services that are running as soon as you boot your device. Save battery, memory and boost speed! :)

Permissions

n/a

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

autostarts.qrcode.png

Price

$0.95

Market star rating at time of writing

4.27 (480 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

Also check out Startup Auditor, AutoStart Killer and Startup Cleaner.

Suggested improvements for the next version

How about an alert that pops up when a new app adds itself to startup?

Have your say

Fan of Autostarts? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

disabling something you have no chance to know deeper usually breaks the disabled app, any ways it is useful in the right hands. for non rooted phones I created a similar but less dangerous app: Autorun Killer (which is missing from alternatives although it has a decent 50k user base).

Autostart Killer is a weak copy of my app, which was released first with the name AutoRun Killer... i think it shouldn't be on this list :)

Edited by RatSon

Guest meinnit

Autostarts is great! It's amazing how many apps start without your knowledge (trust me you will be shocked!) which I have managed to disable using this app. For example, when I received a phone call I had about 3 different apps starting up even though I had disabled them through the settings. So simply having an app installed doesn't mean it won't consume resources until you run it manually. Fault of Android I reckon, and fault of lazy developing.

This app really should be included with Android but it's well worth the price tag as there isn't any other app that can do what it does.