power button isn't working! HELP!!!

Guest shockaholick

Guest kemikev
Hey everyone,

My power button just stopped working all of sudden..any way to revive it? Please someone help!! Thanks to all that reply!

Did you try pulling the battery and rebooting?

Guest shockaholick
Did you try pulling the battery and rebooting?

yea...i did a battery pull and the phone wouldnt power on..it's been doing this off and on for a little bit..it just finally decided to turn back on when i pressed the power again for the bazillionth time . Really frustrating...hopefully there is a work around...I might have to look at selling it, and buy a new device. But do you have any other recommendations? And thank you for the reply to the post!

Guest alinkent

I had the same issue a few months ago. It's frustrating indeed, but easy to resolve until your phone is replaced. Just pull the battery cover and remove the battery repeatedly until it powers on. It sounds odd, but it will work...just remove/replace and repeat until it powers on.

The power button seems to be a design/hardware issue. HTC replaced my phone without bother and very quickly (replacement device is a refurbished unit of course). To start the process...call HTC Nexus support (1-866-449-8358). They will run some test to determine the problem and ask you how/when it started. Assuming it isn't something you caused, they will replace the phone as an advance exchange (you use a credit card to guarantee the return of your broken unit within 10 days and they send a refurb unit to you by FedEx in about 24-48 hours). The return is prepaid using the box your replacemnt device arrived in. As alternate, you can send your phone in for repair rather than replacing it...but that takes about 15-20 days.

Couldn't be easier if you ask me. Oh and BTW...my phone was unlocked an rooted. I didn't tell them and they didn't ask, but the phone was replaced without issue and free of any charge to me.

Good luck.

Alan

Guest Jason Patel

Mine also did this, I am in UK and we only have a repair option took a month. On the plus side my phone had an unlocked bootloader and they still fixed.

Edited by Jason Patel