19 Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Aaron_H

Hey guys.

I'm trying to temproot and it's just hanging on a black screen after the Visionary logo dissapears. I'm on 1.32 so I'm really not sure why this is happening!

Any ideas?

Guest dicko_hero

Ok, so I'm in the same boat as you guys and am on 2.2.1 but can't root.

May I ask, what apps do you use or great need do you have for root access anyway?

The only thing I've used it for is a Screencap app... :s

Am I missing out on something awesome?

Just bought a copy. Nice to see perm root coming tomorrow ;)

Hi Paul

I performed Temporary Root over Desire HD and the Visionary+ still frozen and no special answer as "done" or similar.

Is all OK? I am afraid to shutdown...

What I can do?....

Edited by fpina

Hi Paul

I performed Temporary Root over Desire HD and the Visionary+ still frozen and no special answer as "done" or similar.

Is all OK? I am afraid to shutdown...

What I can do?....

;) I dont undestand you, sorry...

But HTC now is very slow, the Visionar+y screen seems blocked, no response and all in black, and I am afraid to reboot it.

Any risk?

Must I buy a paying version?

Edited by fpina

Paul,

Installed on newly released ATT HTC Inspire. Which is same as HTC Desire HD. Ran the app say rooting devices and then goes blank attached is the logcat after executing Visionary. Can you please help.

logcat.txt

Edited by PavanT

Paul has gone. If you look at his post history then they are mostly in the Vega forum. I guess he's given up on the DHD now

Thank you SirGaz. It is very unfortunate that Paul is not working DHD. Since his app is the only one that can unlock DHD. I am not going to renew my membership here anymore. I rather support developers on XDA.

Guest nEUTRon666

Same for me, for what did i donate. I wanted to help, but now he's turning his back on the flagship htc device? Gone to XDA...

Thank you SirGaz. It is very unfortunate that Paul is not working DHD. Since his app is the only one that can unlock DHD. I am not going to renew my membership here anymore. I rather support developers on XDA.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jigjags

i can't get this to work on my desire HD i have followed the guide and all i get is a black screen with notification bar at the top ...i have left it like this for 5 mins but nothing happens and the phone goes really laggy ...only way to get back to normal is to restart phone and uninstall VISIONary.... anything i'm doing wrong..?

Guest kendon

i don't know of any official statement from paul regarding this topic (more than the one about future support he puts in every rom post now), but here is what i suppose:

paul concentrates on the basic stuff like the initial rooting, making rooting feasible for newbies, and providing a significantly improved version of the stock roms, usually including a tweaked kernel. there is more than enough work involved in that for one person, or even for a small team. be grateful for the effort paul puts into his work to provide awesome tools like visionary, porting the clockworkmod to rooted devices and last but not least providing this forum as a platform for newbies that want more from their devices (videowalkthroughs for rooting, step-by-step instructions etc). there is no obligation to pay for anything, all the necessary tools are freely available for registered users. if you want to go deeper into the world of custom roms, modding and developing go to places like xda-developers.com or the super awesome villainrom.co.uk (:(). having made some roms myself i can tell you that everything beyond the standard improving of a stock rom goes into very time-consuming little details, and is hard to manage for more than one or two roms for a maximum of two different devices. look at the device list here at the forum and you'll see the point. for a not too small number of these paul has provided the first method of rooting, and eventually userfriendly tools to do the job for you. if you'd understand the processes (and risks!) of the stuff that i.e. visionary does on a dhd to release its full potential to the user you'd gladly pay five bucks for the app alone.

at first i was disappointed as you were, but thinking about it it makes sense, and pauls contribution to the android scene are still among the most important ones at all, as will be the coming ones. not a fanboy here, just saying don't forget the big picture.

Guest kendon
i can't get this to work on my desire HD i have followed the guide and all i get is a black screen with notification bar at the top ...i have left it like this for 5 mins but nothing happens and the phone goes really laggy ...only way to get back to normal is to restart phone and uninstall VISIONary.... anything i'm doing wrong..?

usb debugging enabled? settings -> applications

Guest SirGaz

Just want to add to my comment a little while ago about Paul giving up on Visionary. That wasn't really what I meant, what I meant was that he had a new shiny toy that was taking his time (vega) and that also since the last update (1.72) from HTC was pulled, the correct current version was 1.32 so I guess there was no need to update Visionary. I didn't mean that he didn't want anything to do with us DHD users any more.

However... 1.84 is now out so hopefully Paul will have a crack at updating Visionary to root the DHD on 1.84 :D

So come on Paul, work your magic cos I need to root my DHD (wouldn't have upgraded to 1.72 if I'd had known about the lack of rooting

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skrelt

I got a question. When i try to download VISIONary, my firewall goes wild.

Virus/PUS: "Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.g" found!

That is the message i got. Also when i got a e-mail from this site again my firewall said it was not te be trusted,

Is this a mistake or should i just turndown my firewall for a sec to get this s***?

Thx

Guest pbinks
wouldn't have upgraded to 1.72 if I'd had known about the lack of rooting

Currently shipping DHD are 1.75 and if you create a gold card for the DHD you can revert to 1.32 which has the root exploit (ie VISIONary works).

DHD was 1.75 when I picked it up a week ago and now happily rooted and Paul's superb rom installed... I've just renewed my membership as a thank you to him :-)

If I can help with you achieving this, please let me know

Binky

I am a bit of a noob at this. I did follow the directions. I installed Visionary Then used Linda manager I got an error "Parse error: there is a problem parsing the package" Can any one help? What do I need to do? do I need to change the file name or something?

Guest dwattsy21

OK just isntalled this app and t4ried the temp root, works fine. But... will this enable met o isntalla custom ROM? If not... how do I do that, and is it really worth it with such a fast phone anyway?

Cheers,

Dave