HTC desire HD available from carphone warehouse today

Guest hillmie87

Guest hillmie87

title says it all. I went to CPW and had a play with the new desire HD. i'm pretty impressed. But i'm restraining myself from buying one as i was told by the o2 rep on the phone that HTC7 windows phone 7 will be available on o2 starting from early next week. *droool*

Guest DanWilson
title says it all. I went to CPW and had a play with the new desire HD. i'm pretty impressed. But i'm restraining myself from buying one as i was told by the o2 rep on the phone that HTC7 windows phone 7 will be available on o2 starting from early next week. *droool*

Did you not feel tempted to make a GAccount, go onto the Market and root that sucka there and then?

I'm going to do that at the weekend I think. Go out, find Desire HD, root. Break. RUN!!!! :P

Guest hillmie87

I am! So sooo tempted to buy it.

But i dont like the fact that it's temporary root, etc.

And it's kinda too large for my liking.

but the thing is, this phone is only 3opound more expensive than the original desire. lol.

i wish i'm a wee bit richer so that i can afford both phones. lol.

Guest DanWilson
The HD7 is just as big... I have one! And there's NO root. :P

P

No root for what? And do you have the Desire HD and the HD7? Or just the HD7?

Cos I'd like to see a review of the Desire HD.

/Off

Since you have the G2 (Desire Z without Sense) could you tell me how the keyboard comes out? Is it like the G1 or does the screen appear to come out then settle down in position again?

(Need to decide if I want a Desire, Desire HD or Desire Z. I just want one of them)

Guest hillmie87
The HD7 is just as big... I have one! And there's NO root. :P

P

Lol, yes i know. HTC7 is just as big, and it'll take many month before the hacking scene develop and mature for windows phone 7.

But i'd be going to orange store tomorrow and hopefully have a play with htc mozart or samsung omnia 7 and see how the OS feels like.

Who knows, WP7 OS might be a solid one with no reason to jailbreak/root/whatever-they-gona-call-it.

p.s. I have a hunch that I'm gona end up getting HTC desire HD from tmob website instead. lol.

Guest JokerNJ

Just had a play with one in CarphoneWarehouse. So tempted just to take it as the guy said I could upgrade for free on Orange (Im due an upgrade) on an unbranded handset.

He reckons the unbranded Desire and Desire HD they sell get OS updates first.

I was planning on hanging on a bit longer and seeing if there were any teething problems...but they have a couple just sitting there....