[REQ FOR HELP] How to port a ROM to the Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Hey guys!

Yesterday I spent the whole day trying to port to the Liquid the Evil's Sense ROM for Nexus One. Result: FAIL. :P So, I'm wondering, could you give me some help on how to port a ROM?

Thank you...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Yes, I was right about it. Developers for Liquid is a lobby where no one shares the knowledge...Yeah congrats...good community [irony]

P.S.: btw, I spent the whole day searching on the net how to port an android ROM and found nothing (most cases WinMo). I would've understood if I didn't try and search with all my best and came here ordering to port me a ROM. I just spent the whole day trying and came here humbly asking for help. That's what I got: NOTHING.

The [REQ] tag is not for requesting a ROM, but for requesting help, something that no one seems to give away. Thank you very much...

Ma vaffanculo...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Dario93
Yes, I was right about it. Developers for Liquid is a lobby where no one shares the knowledge...Yeah congrats...good community [irony]

P.S.: btw, I spent the whole day searching on the net how to port an android ROM and found nothing (most cases WinMo). I would've understood if I didn't try and search with all my best and came here ordering to port me a ROM. I just spent the whole day trying and came here humbly asking for help. That's what I got: NOTHING.

The [REQ] tag is not for requesting a ROM, but for requesting help, something that no one seems to give away. Thank you very much...

Ma vaffanculo...

I completely agree with you... same thing happened to me :P

Guest android76

I have make a port of AuraxTSense and it works but same problems of the Vache Desire Port

I can try to make this port for you if you want but it will be unusable for use it all days

Sorry for my bad english

Ma vaffanculo...

Thank you for the laugh. :P

Guest Koki1337

I'd been asking around for help on how to flash a ROM (clarifications needed) and the only one who helped was Dario93.

Well anyway, good to know that there's an increase of people who wants to port ROMs to the Liquid E

Guest Andrea1Liquid

@vache: Italian Proverb: "The laugh is in the mouth of fools", remember my fool friend, remember. Ah, just to let you know, if you read the entire topic you would find out that I'm not the only one to complain. So is your post to make me laugh at you. Scusa Vache, non eri tu quella signorina ai margini dell'autostrada che ho visto ieri? O era tua madre?

@Rajit: Thank you very much! :D From your link I actually understood what my mistakes was. I found not very much on the net and only geek terms, but with your link (and another similar one) I actually found out a way on how to do that port. Let's port! :lol:

@android76: Thank you for your effort. This would be very interesting, but I have to decline because if someone does that for me I will never learn. Anyway, thank you. I really appreciated :D

@Dario93: So I'm not the only one. As far as I saw you were a bit luckier than me. I'm interested in your group. We also are both italians. First of all we have to see the results of my work, but what about if I join your group?...così magari diamo un bel calcio in culo a quella mucca rosa di merda (Dev di tutta Italia, unitevi! :P) Ah, Dario, mi sono anche divertito a nascondere qualche segreto all'interno dei miei post in questo topic. Prova ad evidenziare col mouse i miei post :D

@Koki1337: :P

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

@vache: Scusa Vache, non eri tu quella signorina ai margini dell'autostrada che ho visto ieri? O era tua madre?

Sorry Vache, it was not you that girl on the edge of the motorway that I saw yesterday? Or was it your mother?

@Dario93: Ah, Dario, mi sono anche divertito a nascondere qualche segreto all'interno dei miei post in questo topic. Prova ad evidenziare col mouse i miei post :D

Ah, Dario, I was also amused to hide some secret inside of my posts on this topic. Try it with the mouse to highlight my post

Lol, do you ever visit translate.google.com ?

One thing, good luck in porting :P You understand that i'll not help you after that.

Guest Piter1225
@vache: Scusa Vache, non eri tu quella signorina ai margini dell'autostrada che ho visto ieri? O era tua madre?

Sorry Vache, it was not you that girl on the edge of the motorway that I saw yesterday? Or was it your mother?

@Dario93: Ah, Dario, mi sono anche divertito a nascondere qualche segreto all'interno dei miei post in questo topic. Prova ad evidenziare col mouse i miei post wink.gif

Ah, Dario, I was also amused to hide some secret inside of my posts on this topic. Try it with the mouse to highlight my post

That was big fail from you Andrea1Liquid, shame on you for sayings that kind of things to the person which made so many contributations to this community.

Guest simoneser
That was big fail from you Andrea1Liquid, shame on you for sayings that kind of things to the person which made so many contributations to this community.

+1

That's a bad figure for us Italians...I understand that you are a bit disappointed because no one helped you (the best advice i can give you is to study already released .zip of roms, and start to make some modifications and open .apks files, etc.), but please don't offend anyone anymore, especially people like Vache that helped Liquid community in these months. There are no reason to do this.

Edited by simoneser

Guest kentaromiura

You asked a legit question just Yesterday but you see, is not a simple question, it needs lot of effort in order to give you an answer because, if I correctly understand, there are no one-click tools to do what you want.

Surelly you can write some bash script to help you in your adventure, btw probably Vache and other developers here have already some scripts/toolchain or something similar to do what you're trying to accomplish, but sorry if waiting a day is too much for you I really suggest you to give up beforehand, this is a really repetitive and annoying tasks, you must test everything and found bugs that aren't supposed to exists.

Remember that "Domandare è lecito, rispondere è cortesia" (is fair to ask. answer is a gift), You started to insult people, just for the sake of it.

Is not a correct way to try to get answers, remember that you're asking for things that people had invested lot of time and effort in it, so you should try to be a little kindler next time, I'm quite sure you will get much more info that you need.

:P

Guest Andrea1Liquid

That was just a stupid joke from me and Dario. That wasn't for offending Vache. It was just to lol because we are both italians. I didn't have any reason to insult Vache and I was NOT serious. Anyways, vache, I didn't ask for your help...

Guest akira.pwr

I can't believe to what I read here... Andrea1Liquid, please, think before talk (or write), you are offending who made our devices BETTER without ask anything, you understand this, I hope...

You want to contribute? Good, you ask help... And if someone have the time, maybe can help you, bot no one HAVE TO help you...

Our community will be good until we respect who works hard for us. Shame on you.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Guys, it was a JOKE between two italians. I also included jokes that only an italian can understand that are not insults for example: "Devs di tutta Italia, unitevi!" that means "Devs of all Italy, let's group!" that's a modified version of a phrase of a comunist leader (which I'm not) that said: "Comunist of all Italy, let's group!". Just to let you know it was just a stupid post where I wrote stupid italian jokes. Do you really think I was SERIOUSLY and PURPOSELY insulting him? I hadn't any reason to do that and do you really think I'm so retarded to not think of google translate and that he could find out that? They're just phrases me with some friends can say in a bar with a beer in our hands: just stupid, vulgar and NON-SENSE Jokes. Instead think about why Vache traduced a phrase that wasn't said to him and was in another language that he doesn't know (he used google translate). This is actually interesting... He read a nice message which I wrote to him (which I was actually and seriously thinking about) and another one to an italian friend. He hadn't any reason to read a message to another person in another language (that could be a very PERSONAL thing, not just an insult), but he did it anyway! Is that normal, considering the response I wrote to him? I don't think so... Fact B: I don't have to be grateful to a person who laugh AT me (not WITH me, like me and Dario with a stupid joke, but AT me without any reason) because I was complaining about a real and non-isolated fact. That's not correct. I thanked anyone in the first, second and third mine posts in this topic who helped me and he, after I discussed about a REAL problem (that was confirmed also by Dario and I think others think so) and humbly asked help because of fail after a day trying and trying, was able to just say: Thanks for the laugh...(in response of the "Thank you..." at the end of my second post). That's not respect and I did nothing to him to merit this fool response: I just humbly asked for help and he (with all his knowledge) laugh AT me and wasted his time to write that response instead of share his great knowledge. That wasn't correct and I did nothing to him. I thanked him when it was the time, but in that moment I couldn't thank him. I replied to him in a good way ("The laugh is in the mouth of fools", famous italian proverb) and discovered that color trick in another post, so decided to joke with Dario (which is italian too) and I didn't want to seriously and purposely insult him. Moreover, he quoted just the insults (that were NOT serious) and not the other jokes I wrote (which were for Dario, that's clear, I can't actually understand why he "entered" in a discussion where no one was talking about him [not visibly]). Maybe he couldn't stand that I replied to him in a better way than he did and decided to sneak in another discussion between italians. Anyways, that wasn't intended like a post full of insults that I'm not brave enough to write (or say) CLEARLY at him, in fact I could PM to Dario the phrase that I wrote in the post, but I didn't because I have nothing to hide.

@everyone who's reading: Before attack people please read the FULL discussion first and think about all the facts with your OWN mind and try to not attack a person just because the other one is much "famous". You have to think about both persons' fault, not just one. That said I humbly admit MY faults (thing that Vache did not because he just attacked me quoting only the insults [again, not intentional ones] and preventing others from really understand the whole fact)...Sorry for the MESS and the looooong post

@Vache: I'm not a worm who kisses your feet...I didn't ask for YOUR help, but for COMMUNITY help (there's a big difference...or maybe your ego is too big to understand that?) and you wasted the post laughing at me. After that you answered to my post with something like this: "Don't expect my help". As already said I didn't ask for your help and will never do to a person that acts in this way. Probably not going to talk to you anymore...you miss one lesson to learn about the Dev Scene: a good Dev has to control his ego: I believe you forgot that. Moreover your ego is too "sensible" (don't know the exact word)... You know, I'm a clear person, there aren't meanings to understand in my posts. Stop.

By the way, these aren't the only "secrets" I've putted in the forum...It's up to you if you want to find them :P ...

Reveal the truth on my future...

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Piter1225
Guys, it was a JOKE between two italians.

It's not italian forum

Do you really think I was SERIOUSLY and PURPOSELY insulting him? I hadn't any reason to do that and do you really think I'm so retarded to not think of google translate and that he could find out that? They're just phrases me with some friends can say in a bar with a beer in our hands

So say them in bar to your friends not in forum to people from all over the world

This is actually interesting... He read a nice message which I wrote to him (which I was actually and seriously thinking about) and another one to an italian friend. He hadn't any reason to read a message to another person in another language (that could be a very PERSONAL thing, not just an insult), but he did it anyway! Is that normal, considering the response I wrote to him? I don't think so...

Do you know what PM (personal message) is?

I can't actually understand why he "entered" in a discussion where no one was talking about him [not visibly]). Maybe he couldn't stand that I replied to him in a better way than he did and decided to sneak in another discussion between italians. Anyways, that wasn't intended like a post full of insults that I'm not brave enough to write (or say) CLEARLY at him, in fact I could PM to Dario the phrase that I wrote in the post, but I didn't because I have nothing to hide.

Yeah, it looks like I'm too stupid to understand you... You don't PM, cause you have nothing to hide, but you are angry because someone read what you write in public topic? That's too complicated for my little brain :P

@everyone who's reading: Before attack people please read the FULL discussion first and think about all the facts with your OWN mind and try to not attack a person just because the other one is much "famous". You have to think about both persons' fault, not just one. That said I humbly admit MY faults (thing that Vache did not because he just attacked me quoting only the insults [again, not intentional ones] and preventing others from really understand the whole fact)...Sorry for the MESS and the looooong post

You attacked the dev community, by calling us a lobby - that wasn't cool. Maybe you came here from WM world (as I did) - there were plenty of guides, tools, etc - there is no many things like that for Android - but what do you think - how did malez, vache, phh, xian, gained their knowledge?

douche1.jpg

Edited by Piter1225

Guest koudelka
I have to go out in 1 minute. I don't have the time to do a good reply to you, but I'll say that:

"Thank you for the laugh :P "

Now to get back on topic, i would suggest you to try and analyze other ports for the liquid. You will probably see from looking at the last edited dates of libs what files you need to replace and get a feeling of the general structure of things.

One of the problems is that acer uses another prelink map then other manufactures so we can not really use all that much stuff from acer when porting a rom, forexample phh made the chroot with RIL because the libaries have wrong prelinking to work with N1 roms.

Now since phh has done alot of the hardwork already for us, it is usually just a matter of using his boot.img and chroot in the /cache partition.

Good luck!,

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Now to get back on topic, i would suggest you to try and analyze other ports for the liquid. You will probably see from looking at the last edited dates of libs what files you need to replace and get a feeling of the general structure of things.

One of the problems is that acer uses another prelink map then other manufactures so we can not really use all that much stuff from acer when porting a rom, forexample phh made the chroot with RIL because the libaries have wrong prelinking to work with N1 roms.

Now since phh has done alot of the hardwork already for us, it is usually just a matter of using his boot.img and chroot in the /cache partition.

Good luck!,

Thank you koud! Hope to become a dev like you! So I don't have to use the original rom's boot.img? Can I use the img from (for example) your MIUI port? Thank you for the important tip :D So just have to use phh's boot.img, substitute liquid specific drivers in /system/... and the job should be done (of course also work on update-script)! Correct me if I'm wrong... Really proud to receive tips from koud (at least you didn't laugh of me :P ). I was also thinking: if we have to substitute the original boot.img with phh's one (whithout having to extract the original rom's one and swap ramdisk and kernel with phh's) and substitute the drivers from other ROMS, could we use leaked froyo's boot.img and have full hardware using precompiled libraries from stock froyo? That would give us full hw, of course without OC and other cool goodies of a custom kernel. Until we wait for froyo sources to be leaked ehm ehm released (which I think will be better than eclair's) that wouldn't be so bad. Is it possible? Thanks... :D

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid
Please get back to topic guys and stop insulting others - even if it should just be meant as a joke.

Best regards,

BB

We actually needed you :P