Kyocera M6000/Sanyo Zio

Guest Greg Not Craig

Guest Greg Not Craig

It's rootable (using the N1 One-click root - which i have done) and can boot to fastboot (whether it's accessible from adb in fastboot mode, I can't test until later tonight).

Word on other forums is all that may be needed is a dump of a Sprint-released Zio (as they were released with Eclair)?

The Cricket Zio isn't due for an update until possibly next year or as early as next month.

People on that other forum are whining and moaning. I'm trying to take action to see if it's feasible.

I'm willing to offer my phone up as a test device and/or donate toward the cause... tell me how to dump the Donut image if there's something needed from that to further the effort,etc

I'm a linux user, and not afraid of command lines, tweaking config files, compiling, etc. :P

Edited by Greg Not Craig

• 5 weeks later...

Come on give us some love.

It's rootable (using the N1 One-click root - which i have done) and can boot to fastboot (whether it's accessible from adb in fastboot mode, I can't test until later tonight).

Word on other forums is all that may be needed is a dump of a Sprint-released Zio (as they were released with Eclair)?

The Cricket Zio isn't due for an update until possibly next year or as early as next month.

People on that other forum are whining and moaning. I'm trying to take action to see if it's feasible.

I'm willing to offer my phone up as a test device and/or donate toward the cause... tell me how to dump the Donut image if there's something needed from that to further the effort,etc

I'm a linux user, and not afraid of command lines, tweaking config files, compiling, etc. B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greg Not Craig

2nd round of a call for help.

We've got a Cricket Zio 1.6 dump, a Sprint 1.6 dump, Clockwork ported and working, but a very limited (like 1 or 2) people working on it..though efforts have stalled - probably because it's one or two only working on it.

A little help, some love, anything? there's a thread over at xda and #openzio on freenode.