How long before these are available SIM free?

Guest djpex

I want a Mozart, tried the HD7 (bought one and sold it on) it's just too big for me as a device I can live with, love the new OS though, does everything and makes it easy to do, albeit lacking a few things like satnav and copy paste but there won't be far away if it's as successful as expected.

How long before these are available genuinely SIM free, unlocked, via expansys or amazon? They're not exclusively Orange forever are they?

If they are I suppose I could get one off ebay and get it unlocked, but I'd rather buy just the handset without all the Orange badging and apps (althoug I know WP7 makes this easy to remove).

• 2 weeks later...

well the kingofgadgets website has these for pre-order at £469 with no date, so I emailed and asked and they said they expect them to be available mid to end November, but nothing more accurate than that...

• 2 weeks later...
well the kingofgadgets website has these for pre-order at £469 with no date, so I emailed and asked and they said they expect them to be available mid to end November, but nothing more accurate than that...

They told me they were not expecting them until early next year at the earliest. I really hate network locks.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I want a Mozart, tried the HD7 (bought one and sold it on) it's just too big for me as a device I can live with, love the new OS though, does everything and makes it easy to do, albeit lacking a few things like satnav

Bing maps is actually very good and pre-installed. So long as it finds your address ok (!) the actual interface is nice and works well. But I digress. I beleive the orange exclusive only applies to carrier sold handsets eg Voda can't sell it, doesn't mean it won't appear sim-free during that period.

M.S