After almost 20 or so times of F reset and/or Rom UPD...app2sd problem

Guest neshem

Hey.

In the last few weeks I'm following this great forum and try to be a tiny technitian, annoying my wife :P

every time I:

Factory reset

UPD Rom

Partition my SD

app2sd

It works for 24-48 hours and than by normal usage with app download and so...it crash!

smart keyboard - force close

LG home - force closed

Camera, Barcode....etc

all crashed.

one time, the PC SUITE didn't let me to backup my contacts.

I think the problem is with app2sd. something get massed.

now after hard work I have partiotioned SD but no app2sd. seems to work fine

But still, any Idea of solution? for sure i prefer app2sd than choke my internal memory.

god bless you

Lior

Guest max-greece
Hey.

In the last few weeks I'm following this great forum and try to be a tiny technitian, annoying my wife :P

every time I:

Factory reset

UPD Rom

Partition my SD

app2sd

It works for 24-48 hours and than by normal usage with app download and so...it crash!

LG home - force closed

Camera, Barcode....etc

all crashed.

But still, any Idea of solution? for sure i prefer app2sd than choke my internal memory.

god bless you

Lior

Once you have partitioned your SD card you should not need to to it again. I have installed 4 versions of the operating system, factory reset twice and manually deleted each and every app from the phone.

I have never had to re-partition the SD card.

I would say that in all probability you have either a failing SD card there or the phone's card reader is failing. It would be worth trying a different card.

FWIW I have run a couple of the versions I have installed for more than a week without any problems.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Once you have partitioned your SD card you should not need to to it again. I have installed 4 versions of the operating system, factory reset twice and manually deleted each and every app from the phone.

I have never had to re-partition the SD card.

I would say that in all probability you have either a failing SD card there or the phone's card reader is failing. It would be worth trying a different card.

FWIW I have run a couple of the versions I have installed for more than a week without any problems.

It could be the partition size for your card is too big, for app2sd, try maybe making a smaller partition, say around the 400-500 meg size.

also, make sure you use Ext2 for it, as Ext3 and 4 can mess the card up big time, what with the journaling, you will use up the finite number of writes the card has expedentially.

Guest fjsferreira

This! My exact same problem. SD card is fine (tested it with another phone and it works, and tested app2sd on another card and the same thing happens). I thought it was just me.

I don't know how to fix it, and I've tried everything there is to try, so I just gave up using app2sd.

Rom: Baltic 2.1

SD card: Kingston 4Gb

Tried with different partition sizes, changed their order (first fat32 then ext2 and reversed, tried adding swap area, tried ext3 instead of ext2 and every single time, after a day, force closing errors popping constantly to a point I can no longer use the phone and have to re-flash and factory reset it)

app2sd on the lg gt540 2.1 is simply broken at this point.

Guest max-greece
This! My exact same problem. SD card is fine (tested it with another phone and it works, and tested app2sd on another card and the same thing happens). I thought it was just me.

I don't know how to fix it, and I've tried everything there is to try, so I just gave up using app2sd.

Rom: Baltic 2.1

SD card: Kingston 4Gb

Tried with different partition sizes, changed their order (first fat32 then ext2 and reversed, tried adding swap area, tried ext3 instead of ext2 and every single time, after a day, force closing errors popping constantly to a point I can no longer use the phone and have to re-flash and factory reset it)

app2sd on the lg gt540 2.1 is simply broken at this point.

The setup you have is the one I had about 3 weeks ago and was working fine for me. I was running Baltic with an 8 Gb card with 1 Gb allocated as Ext2. I am still using that card setup but with 2.1 Greek V2 now.

Just as a matter of interest how fast is the card you are using? Mine is a 4 - which means moderately quick - If you are using a 1 or a 2 that might be the cause of the problems - timing errors. I do not know what the optimal speed of card is but as mine works fine I'd guess 4 would be a good place to look.

Hey.

every time I:

Factory reset

UPD Rom

Partition my SD

app2sd

LG home - force closed

Camera, Barcode....etc

all crashed.

god bless you

Lior

Thanks for all the answers

I will check it out later