Remove Orange Apps on San Francisco, Simple Beginners Guide!

Guest xeyaztian

Guest xeyaztian

1. Install Universal Androot (Download - http://bit.ly/hbtGVP)

2. Install BusyBox (Download - http://bit.ly/ekfbk4)

3. Install SystemApp Remover (Download - http://bit.ly/ik79cz)

4. Run Universal Androot by clicking Root. Once done go back to system menu.

5. Run SystemApp Remover and remove Orange Apps.

Done!

I've put it up on my blog/site as well with links to files and the applications, please visit...

http://www.applicationsdaily.com/2010/10/s...-installed.html

YOU CAN GET RID OF....

-Orange Homescreen

-Orange Homescreen Selector

-Orange App Shop

-Orange Photos

-Orange Wednesdays

-Orange Maps

-Orange Headlines

-Orange Email

-Orange TV

-Orange Backup

-Your Orange

-Touch Pal and the Spanish and French packs

-DocsToGo Demo

-Weather

-The game demos, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Guitar Hero.

YOU CANT GET RID OF...

-Internet

-SimToolKit (STK) (I have but one person said this caused a problem)

Notes - You do not need to open BusyBox at all. If you download the files to your computer then you need to move them onto your phone and use the Filer app that is built in, or download Astro File Manager to open the apps. they will end with .apk. Be careful when you delete, this is your phone which you paid money for, so be careful.

P.S. Great tip for saving battery life. Download 2G-3G Off then add it as a widget. If you leave your phone without using internet for a long amount of time, then turn 3G off, for example before you go to sleep, whilst at work/education. Also very good for when your in areas where you know 3G doesn't reach.

Edited by xeyaztian

Memory doesn't worry me too much. I just used Launcher Pro and hid the Orange junk and 'demo' games on the application list/menu.

How do you hide the orange stuff ? If I go into the Applications list, I can see them but can't find a way to hide them.|

What about some of the 'Orange' icons such as 'Internet' - do you use that still ?

I've switched to the standard Launcher and just have 'Internet' on the home page as the only Orange branded icon. Still thinking about whether to use Launcher Pro...

Guest Stuart_f

I got fed up with the Orange stuff cluttering up my applications window so I followed the advice in this thread and used Titanium Backup to uninstall everything Orangey.

It had quite a dramatic effect on the phone! Previously I had been struggling to get more than 24hurs out of the phone with email syn on and some light browsing a few times a day. After getting rid of the "crap" I've been going for 18h and have only used 14% battery. It would seem that "Android system" is using significantly less battery now that I've uninstalled the junk.

Before:

Android System 91%

Cell standby 5%

Phone idle 5%

After:

Android System 45%

Cell standby 39%

Phone idle 17%

Clearly this is massively unscientific and needs far more testing to make sure it's not a fluke result but the effect is so dramatic I thought I'd share.

Guest Stuart_f
hey guys ...can you post what orange associated apps you guys got rid of..dont really want to delete something that may be needed in the running of the phone...cheers

I didn't keep a list :P

If it has an orange splash screen or has "orange" in the package name it's worth getting rid of.

If I were to guess at one app that made the difference it would be orange mail application which I replaced with the stock gmail app from the market.

Guest xeyaztian

Hey,

Right I got rid of..

-Orange Maps (As i use google maps)

-TouchPal (As i only use the android keyboard and hated the touchpal one!)

-TouchPal Spanish and French(?) Packs as i dont speak spanish or french and got rid of the touchpal.

-Who Wants to be a millionaire Demo and the other game demo! (As they were rubbish)

-Youre Orange (As mine didnt work from begining)

-Orange Wednesdays, as i have a movies app and it just texts the 241 number anyway.

-Orange Backup (as i backup my phone numbers with Google Sync so dont need the orange one!)

-Orange Photos (not to be confused with Gallery!)

-Orange Email (as I use the gmail app only)

-Orange App Shop (As it is overpriced, rubbish and in no way attached to the Android Market!)

DO NOT DELETE THE BROWSER!!!!!! I did by mistake, own fault I clicked on it and pressed yes, thinking I could easily get the original one! But I have it back now! (thankfully!)

Edited by xeyaztian

Guest Stuart_f

I didn't remove the tourchpal keyboard, not for any other reason that I didn't think to!

Was there an orange ringtone thing too? I think I got rid of that.

19h 45 min and now at 85% battery.

Guest xeyaztian
I didn't remove the tourchpal keyboard, not for any other reason that I didn't think to!

Was there an orange ringtone thing too? I think I got rid of that.

19h 45 min and now at 85% battery.

Oh I didn't see that... let me go back and check!

Also did you get Market 2.2 for you're San Francisco?? Mine works great!

Edited by xeyaztian

Guest Stuart_f
Oh I didn't see that... let me go back and check!

Also did you get Market 2.2 for you're San Francisco?? Mine works great!

Yes, I installed the update that Paul posted some time ago although I'm led to believe that the market app will update itself automatically when you install anything from the market.

Guest xeyaztian
Yes, I installed the update that Paul posted some time ago although I'm led to believe that the market app will update itself automatically when you install anything from the market.

Yeah it does, Its pretty good with the auto updating! Wish we could replace the browser app with the new one and get rid of the Orange one,,, but I don't think its possible!

Yeah it does, Its pretty good with the auto updating! Wish we could replace the browser app with the new one and get rid of the Orange one,,, but I don't think its possible!

This all worked great for me. has anyone managed to get rid of Orange App Shop?

Guest xeyaztian
This all worked great for me. has anyone managed to get rid of Orange App Shop?

Oh yep got rid of that too!! You ca get rid of it, I cant renmeber the name of the file but it has the little icon next to ti!

This all works Thank.

What are the following files and can I delete them ?

OHS_480x800_Blade_A1.00.01_Signed

OHSS_800x480_BladeA1.00.01_signed

OAS_ZTE_Blade-

And when you say delete superuser is this the one in the System Apps ?

Cheers

Edited by jonep

Guest xeyaztian
This all works Thank.

OAS_ZTE_Blade-

Cheers

I am 99% sure that OAS is the Orange App Store.....

And the other I have just this second realised they stand for Orange Home Screen (You can delete!) and then they are the screen resolutions.. I will delete them and then tell you how it goes...

Guest xeyaztian
I am 99% sure that OAS is the Orange App Store.....

And the other I have just this second realised they stand for Orange Home Screen (You can delete!) and then they are the screen resolutions.. I will delete them and then tell you how it goes...

Yes you can get rid of the Orange Home Screen IF you want the nicer(in my opinion) home screen the standard Android one!

Guest xeyaztian
This all works Thank.

OAS_ZTE_Blade-

Cheers

Yep the one in system apps....

if you need it again just use the Univeral Androot again and root again! :P

Yes you can get rid of the Orange Home Screen IF you want the nicer(in my opinion) home screen the standard Android one!

Thanks and do I delete apkadn sw_480x800_Blade_a1.01.00.apk aswell ?

Edited by jonep

Guest xeyaztian
Thanks and do I delete apkadn sw_480x800_Blade_a1.01.00.apk aswell ?

I dont know, thats the one thing I dont know about and havent risked deleteing it as my uninstaller wont let me restore that app!!

Guest goofy gorilla

hi guys - im using busybox and titanium backup....i cant find the superuser and delete it?....also do you need to uninstall titatnium backup, busybox and universal androot after youve got rid of the stuff you dont want...?...

Guest xeyaztian
hi guys - im using busybox and titanium backup....i cant find the superuser and delete it?....also do you need to uninstall titatnium backup, busybox and universal androot after youve got rid of the stuff you dont want...?...

Hey, Ive never used Titanium backup before, but Im pretty sure Superuser is put in System Apps. Also It removes if you root it again using Universal Androot.

You can delete BusyBox, Titanium Backup, Superuser and Universal Androot once you've finished removing everything you want. :)