Photo

28/Oct r4b gforums Custom Rom FroYo for ZTE blade (Alpha!)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

shakerist

shakerist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE OLED
  • Twitter:@-
wonderful everything is very fast hopefully youtube and this sign in problem will get solved soon cant get into market or gtalk even with wifi maybe its temporary but i dont know

stephen m

stephen m

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Nexus 7 & Xolo x900

wonderful everything is very fast hopefully youtube and this sign in problem will get solved soon cant get into market or gtalk even with wifi maybe its temporary but i dont know

A reboot solved it for me - is Acrobat Reader working with your install ?

paddymcn

paddymcn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Pulse Mini, Blade & Desire S
This is a very nice release, I tried it for a day and liked it but it did not like my mp3 collection so I've reverted to 2.1 for the time being, thanks gforums

sikhcentral

sikhcentral

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Loox T830, Orange SPV C500
Could you edit the first post and put in step by step instructions like:

1)Download here

2)wipe phone in clockworkmod
5)sign into talk via 3g etc etc

Also could it be posible to add a complete guide for fresh blades without out clockwork?

Or am I asking too much, I think it will just help people if all the information is in one place.

................................................................................

shakerist

shakerist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

A reboot solved it for me - is Acrobat Reader working with your install ?

no acrobat dont work on mine i get the force close error, the rebooting didnt solve the market problem I want it so I can download the flight control app didnt work on the other version of froyo hopefully it works on this one want to beat my highscore of 203 :) Oh and im hacing problems with titanium backup it stays at root permissions screen

Also would like to point out the my wifi does not automatically connect to my router when i press the wifi thing to go on in the home screen (the thing with bluetooth 3g etc.) i have to manually connect it through settings and it also drops randomly, and blue tooth plus wifi also dont mix, was sending some stuff while trying to get onto internet bluetooth gets cancelled when connecting to wifi.

still having trouble with goggle account i get cant establish a reliable data connection to the server, rom is gr8 tho very fast

oh forget the wifi dropping issue its my brother turning the wifi off when i leave the phone :)

Edited by shakerist, 29 October 2010 - 09:57 PM.

nicksoph

nicksoph

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Could you edit the first post and put in step by step instructions like:

1)Download here

2)wipe phone in clockworkmod
5)sign into talk via 3g etc etc

Also could it be posible to add a complete guide for fresh blades without out clockwork?

Or am I asking too much, I think it will just help people if all the information is in one place.

There are some guides that give a fairly detailed walk thru the stages needed on this site but as you say they are a bit fragmented - I think this is partly to do with the speed of progress on this particular rom. I suspect there will be a more comprehensive set of instructions once things have settled a bit.
But having gone thru the process myself might I suggest you to read all the related posts - they make interesting reading and I am grateful to have learned a great deal from them. If you really are not interested and would just like to have a phone that works on 2.2 then it may be best to wait for a bit.

Fundamentally the process breaks down into

Loading drivers for the phone to connect to your PC - these vary depending on operating system and may change as you go thru the process of loading new ROMs
Rooting The Phone - This gives you the administrative access denied in the original rom
Loading ClockworkMod - this gives you an interface to load the roms (and a few other low level tasks)
Loading the Roms - probably the easiest part
Applying Fixes - the longer you wait the less of these will be necessary - most are well documented

You might also add Unlocking the phone from its designated SIM - this allows the phone to work with any carriers SIM but it seems that this happens without any further action if you use the froyo rom, otherwise its a $4 charge on paypal to get an unlocking code.

Sorry if I havnt helped but I dont think Im the right person to give a detailed explanation.

bugeyes

bugeyes

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Long distance walker
[quote name='shakerist' date='Oct 29 2010, 21:24' post='1458542' :) Oh and im hacing problems with titanium backup it stays at root permissions screen
[/quote]

re install titanium from the market to sort this! :)

walk wild walk free! and die living!

nicksoph

nicksoph

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

no acrobat dont work on mine i get the force close error, the rebooting didnt solve the market problem I want it so I can download the flight control app didnt work on the other version of froyo hopefully it works on this one want to beat my highscore of 203 :) Oh and im hacing problems with titanium backup it stays at root permissions screen

I checked Acrobat and it didnt work for me either

Had the same problem with Titanium and Installing and running Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5 from
http://blog.23corner...iversalandroot/

sorted that.

sikhcentral

sikhcentral

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Loox T830, Orange SPV C500

There are some guides that give a fairly detailed walk thru the stages needed on this site but as you say they are a bit fragmented - I think this is partly to do with the speed of progress on this particular rom. I suspect there will be a more comprehensive set of instructions once things have settled a bit.
But having gone thru the process myself might I suggest you to read all the related posts - they make interesting reading and I am grateful to have learned a great deal from them. If you really are not interested and would just like to have a phone that works on 2.2 then it may be best to wait for a bit.

Fundamentally the process breaks down into

Loading drivers for the phone to connect to your PC - these vary depending on operating system and may change as you go thru the process of loading new ROMs
Rooting The Phone - This gives you the administrative access denied in the original rom
Loading ClockworkMod - this gives you an interface to load the roms (and a few other low level tasks)
Loading the Roms - probably the easiest part
Applying Fixes - the longer you wait the less of these will be necessary - most are well documented

You might also add Unlocking the phone from its designated SIM - this allows the phone to work with any carriers SIM but it seems that this happens without any further action if you use the froyo rom, otherwise its a $4 charge on paypal to get an unlocking code.

Sorry if I havnt helped but I dont think Im the right person to give a detailed explanation.

No I think what you said makes sence once a more stable version is made then Im sure a proper set instructions will be made with it.

I did read a lot of the original threads on the froyo I remember the different methods people had to get onto the market etc. But I think a few of those threads got deleted as when I go on history and click on one of them it just redirects to the main page. Im sure the one thread was 28 pages long which I read a few times just to get an idea of what was going on.

I have just flashed the froyo rom on my brothers SF which was fresh and unlocked etc. Im using it as a guinea pig before I flash mine also I wont have to unlock it. But I am having a problem with the google talk app. I am trying to sign in using 3g but It can't connect. It this failure to connect in anyway to do with the market severs being busy and unresponsive resently (I did however download winamp on my phone eariler). The internet works fine and I haven't touched anything else yet even the market.

................................................................................

shakerist

shakerist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
are the ppl who are able to get there google account running setting it up from 3g? I have no credit for 3g and im trying through wifi, sometimes i get a message to try and set it up through wifi even though im connected

Fulch

Fulch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Brilliant ROM! Thanks for taking the time to include the various fixes - this is remarkably stable for an alpha build, my only issue is with the WiFi. Using a static ip and the phone just keeps saying "obtaining ip address" - possibly an issue with the ROM, but I will keep trying different things and post back when I get it fixed :)

Thanks again!

harmohn

harmohn

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:N1, Blade, Vega
This rom works great - thanks for posting it fella!

I can finally edit build.prop without issues; now my screen looks great with density set at 220 ;D

xzyk

xzyk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:mobiles, Winmo, Android
  • Devices:various
thanks for the 'new' froyo rom. Installed and running fine. Youtube will work also. Just remove it via rootexplorer and reboot, then download again via the market and all will be fine (well it worked on mine anyway). Unfortunately FM radio is still broke, but i understand this is due to the source where this rom was originally ported from, i'm sure a solution is not far off !.
thanks again.. :)

May your jouney be uneventful !
Nexus 4......SlimMako-4.3
ZTE Blade Blade Mix V2.2.
Advent VEGA VegaComb 3.2 9n.
SGS2 -Insanity JB 0.83
Asus FonePad...stock
Huawei Y300 Stock (B186) with CWM recovery.
Arnova 7G3 -stock.
Alcatel OT-983....stock

bugeyes

bugeyes

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Long distance walker

thanks for the 'new' froyo rom. Installed and running fine. Youtube will work also. Just remove it via rootexplorer and reboot, then download again via the market and all will be fine (well it worked on mine anyway). Unfortunately FM radio is still broke, but i understand this is due to the source where this rom was originally ported from, i'm sure a solution is not far off !.
thanks again.. :)

hmmmn rootexplorer just force closes for me!?

walk wild walk free! and die living!

nicksoph

nicksoph

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I am having a problem with the google talk app.

I would just check you have deleted all the data and cache and try again - it seems that the Google related services do not work if you log in first using wifi.

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Azurren

hmmmn rootexplorer just force closes for me!?

ES file explorer works fine (Free too)
Just be sure to enable root and mount system

Oh and reinstalling Youtube after a reboot worked for me too! Thanks!

nicksoph

nicksoph

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

are the ppl who are able to get there google account running setting it up from 3g? I have no credit for 3g and im trying through wifi, sometimes i get a message to try and set it up through wifi even though im connected

I think this wont work without going thru 3g first - you can try using another sim but I suspect (without trying it) that once you put your original sim back you will encounter the same problem - I'd be interested to hear the result if you do try this.

malooga

malooga

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Thegr8northern
One problem I've got is the inability to download zip files using the default or skyfire browsers, I had no problems on th R4 rom. Anybody got any ideas?

IronDoc

IronDoc

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Devices:Blade

I think this wont work without going thru 3g first - you can try using another sim but I suspect (without trying it) that once you put your original sim back you will encounter the same problem - I'd be interested to hear the result if you do try this.

I think you can do it through wifi as long as 3g is turned on. This worked for me I think, though I'm not sure it was definitely using the wifi connection.

danthetaliban

danthetaliban

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Any news on the calendar and the calendar widget guys? This is the main reason i'm not going to Froyo right now, i really need them.

edit: nevermind, just saw monkeyfeatures's post. I agree the OP needs updating.

I guess my final questions are, does Dialer still drain battery life? And can USB work without drivers (in time?), because it's useful to use as standard usb mass storage on other computers.

Edited by danthetaliban, 30 October 2010 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users