top ten essential apps

Guest joe t

hi,

ive not searched but guess there are many threads along these lines.

but with the v5 de-orangeated SF what would be the first/top 10 FREE apps bearing in mind the phone has been stripped.

i realise this is simple for many here, but i am totally new to android and apps too really.

i have a few games from when the market works, but the only real app i have is astrid.

joe..............

Correct, there's an entire forum for this question. Search first and don't create a new thread.

Linkage

the thread you link too is exactly the reason i started another relating to the bare bones SF.

there are about 9 posts since april in that thread, apps are changing all the time hence when i read around the net i get conflicting out of date info, that tells you of the best apps.

im asking for apps that peeps feel relevant to a bare bones phone that they feel are essential.

joe........

Guest JamesMcD
hi,

ive not searched but guess there are many threads along these lines.

but with the v5 de-orangeated SF what would be the first/top 10 FREE apps bearing in mind the phone has been stripped.

i realise this is simple for many here, but i am totally new to android and apps too really.

i have a few games from when the market works, but the only real app i have is astrid.

joe..............

Well im on Pauls r5 but the apps which I would re-install should I flash would have to be:

Fancy Widget 1.3.0 (HTC Clock) Google for earlier HTC look version

Framework V2 Desire Live Wallpaper (not really an app) Google

Launcher Pro (so easy and custom great ability)

HomeSwitcher (Change the Launcher for your HomeScreen)

Seesmic (Better than the std twitter client)

Smooth Calendar (nice clear Calendar widget)

AudioManager (fantastic app to manage your differing volumes)

Angry Birds (for the train home - for fun!)

GameBoid Lite & Rom Gripper (Play some GameBoy Adv. games on way home - for fun!)

Google Sky Map (works a treat - for fun!)

VM Heap Tool (take JVM upto 32MB for some smooth action)

Google Goggles (take pic of any image and Google works out search results)

Guage Battery Widget (works fantastic when transparant)

Juice Defender & Plotter (see whats/when your killing your battery) *although I think this app itself does*
&

App Brain & Fast Web Installer (install stuff silently to your phone, direct from your big PC)
&

DCSwitch (turn off the darn data connection)

Thats my few. Im looking for a decent Switch which replaces DCSwitch, rather like the standard but also includes the 'data' button.

Thanks! :)

Guest troyking
Well im on Pauls r5 but the apps which I would re-install should I flash would have to be:

Fancy Widget 1.3.0 (HTC Clock) Google for earlier HTC look version

Framework V2 Desire Live Wallpaper (not really an app) Google

Launcher Pro (so easy and custom great ability)

HomeSwitcher (Change the Launcher for your HomeScreen)

Seesmic (Better than the std twitter client)

Smooth Calendar (nice clear Calendar widget)

AudioManager (fantastic app to manage your differing volumes)

Angry Birds (for the train home - for fun!)

GameBoid Lite & Rom Gripper (Play some GameBoy Adv. games on way home - for fun!)

Google Sky Map (works a treat - for fun!)

VM Heap Tool (take JVM upto 32MB for some smooth action)

Google Goggles (take pic of any image and Google works out search results)

Guage Battery Widget (works fantastic when transparant)

Juice Defender & Plotter (see whats/when your killing your battery) *although I think this app itself does*
&

App Brain & Fast Web Installer (install stuff silently to your phone, direct from your big PC)
&

DCSwitch (turn off the darn data connection)

Thats my few. Im looking for a decent Switch which replaces DCSwitch, rather like the standard but also includes the 'data' button.

Thanks! :)

Hi James, thank you for your explaination, it is so great, do you know is there is App about call record?

thanks