184 replies to this topic

SILV3R

SILV3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus
Hi there.

I'm having a little trouble with my Optimus, I have upgraded to 2.1 (Romanian) and rooted (with 1 click) and installed apps2sd (with the last option apps and cache).
I have a 4GB microsd installed in the phone gaved 700 MB for apps2sd.

The issue that I have is that the phone freezes every time I use it for anything even if it is to check the weather (stays frozen for abou 30s every time). If I restart the phone it gives me an error that android.phone has stopped.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance, and a happy new year!!!

lnsatiable

lnsatiable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

HERE IS MY GUESS... I THINK YOU FORGOT TO INSTALL MSXML INSTALL

Thanks bro, you were completely right.
I didn't know you had to install the MSXML. :(

lnsatiable

lnsatiable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well..
That was weird.
I did the update and everythngi and no errors came through.
The main menu was changed and everything so I thought I had installed 2.1
Turns out when I go to look at firmware it still says 1.6...
Should I reflash it then?

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540

Well..
That was weird.
I did the update and everythngi and no errors came through.
The main menu was changed and everything so I thought I had installed 2.1
Turns out when I go to look at firmware it still says 1.6...
Should I reflash it then?

You flashed a v10 ROM.... Flash a v20 ROM instead.

Using: CyanogenMod7 (2.3.5) @ GT540 Swiftdroid2 RC3 by Mur4ik.

ztech

ztech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG OPTIMUS GT 540
Thanks very much.
My GT540 bricked when I was doing the update to Android OS via LG's tool. Got stuck at 4% and then phone kept getting stuck at LG screen.

Something I would like to add is that make sure the phone is plugged in using the USB cable and then switch it ON using the Voume down + Power combo

yufenn

yufenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@yufen
Dear All,

Tq for this thread.

I am from Indonesia n I want to upgrade my GT540 become android 2.1
I have followed ur guide step by step, but when my "KDZ Updater" already finish and then appear "! emergency" with blue background color in my phone.
I must take off my battery to turn on my phone again, luckly there is no error after that.

for ur information
- I already use Baltic ROM
- but I use my HP Probook 4410s to do this upgrade, so I am not sure about USB cable issue.

any help please? :unsure: B)

tq ALL

Best regards

EDITED--
[R&D Test Tools Log File]

16:35:50 : Launching SW update
16:35:50 : Unpacking KDZ
16:35:54 : KDZ file extraced
16:35:56 : Files were extracted.
16:35:56 : LGMobileDL Load.
16:35:56 : Port = -1
16:35:56 : Connecting to phone
16:36:06 : Check Phone mode = 1
16:36:24 : Phone type check.......
16:36:24 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
16:36:24 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(1335)
16:36:24 : _DetachDLL Call
16:36:24 : _DetachDLL Call End
16:36:24 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20d-BAL-XXX-DEC-02-2010.dz
16:36:24 : Param : moduleDir =
16:36:24 : Param : waitTime = 0
16:36:24 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
16:36:24 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
16:36:24 : Param : BinVersion = V20D_00
16:36:24 : Param : AuthMark = 1335
16:36:24 : Call fn_StartUpgrade
16:36:34 : 3GQCT : wParam = 4, lParam = 0
16:36:34 : Step Complete : DLOAD Change

i use baltic ROM = "V20D_00.kdz"
I've no idea why it can be change become "......-2010.dz"

any idea brother m sister???

tq

EDITED AGAIN...

nice guide for going to toilet after push "start to update" button at kdz updater...

my only problem is I think my phone is going to error when my phone become in blue color... lol
many thank with this thread...
AWESOME

TQ

Edited by yufenn, 03 January 2011 - 10:03 AM.

nico75

nico75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:lg gt540

great job, far clearer than the mess in the updates thread

very much agree...thanks ilovelg...hehe...you too hecatae..just upgraded..very helpful...

c0l0

c0l0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The rooting instuctions for 2.1 aren't very clear. Are there any preconditions that the Windows machine I'm trying to root from has to meet in order for it to succeed? I don't have any LG USB drivers installed, and all I get when running the batch file is this:

C:\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and then it stalls. I guess it's waiting for the device to register itself at the USB, but it's plugged in right now, with Mass Storage disabled and Debugging Mode enabled. So please enlighten me, folks: What's wrong?

Thanks a bunch in advance :unsure:

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

The rooting instuctions for 2.1 aren't very clear. Are there any preconditions that the Windows machine I'm trying to root from has to meet in order for it to succeed? I don't have any LG USB drivers installed, and all I get when running the batch file is this:

C:\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

and then it stalls. I guess it's waiting for the device to register itself at the USB, but it's plugged in right now, with Mass Storage disabled and Debugging Mode enabled. So please enlighten me, folks: What's wrong?
Thanks a bunch in advance :unsure:

Am... Hello ?

pereznegron

pereznegron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:GT540f
Hi, i am noob, i have this phone at GT540f version, in mexico with telcel that is the company. i upgrade android like this manual but i have some problems with the start, no LG logo and no android logo, i must wait a little more than the android sound to start, when it starts i get a lot of error messages about starting com.android.phone and stucks in there... i realy need the phone... so is it posible to restore the default android (1.6)??? i ve tried with LG software but i cant conect to the cellphone, the only way is with KDZ updater... and where can i find the KDZ for my phone??? thanks... :D

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Hi, i am noob, i have this phone at GT540f version, in mexico with telcel that is the company. i upgrade android like this manual but i have some problems with the start, no LG logo and no android logo, i must wait a little more than the android sound to start, when it starts i get a lot of error messages about starting com.android.phone and stucks in there... i realy need the phone... so is it posible to restore the default android (1.6)??? i ve tried with LG software but i cant conect to the cellphone, the only way is with KDZ updater... and where can i find the KDZ for my phone??? thanks... :D

Goto Settings and look for option to do a factory Reset. I cant recall where exact the options is and i cant check it bymyself right now couse my phone is tottaly Bricked dosnt even work anymore, will have to provide it to LG Service Guys.

80sLoveCHILD

80sLoveCHILD

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:nexus 4, tf101, NSZ-GS7
how do i get into fastboot?

A_2_Z

A_2_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks I got 2.1 now :D. Do i need to root my phone for appstosd?

mcshen

mcshen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG540
thanks worked like a charm!

Dr.Alani

Dr.Alani

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:LG-GT540
Once again my friend, thank you.
The rooting, and apps2sd worked very well. The speed is very acceptable given the free app space on the phone.

Optimus One LG P500 (and loving it)
Twitter: @mohammedmalani

DeePee

DeePee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've succesfully upgraded my phone from 1.6 to 2.1. However, I don't have any idea about android and it's hard for me to understand things since this is my first android phone.
Can someone please tell me how to install apps in my phone. Is the App2sd the way? Do I just copy the apps after the partition is done? How do I install the live wallpapers and games. I am totally clueless and I don't wan to do anything yet because am afraid that I might screw up my phone ;)

Thank you so much!

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I've succesfully upgraded my phone from 1.6 to 2.1. However, I don't have any idea about android and it's hard for me to understand things since this is my first android phone.
Can someone please tell me how to install apps in my phone. Is the App2sd the way? Do I just copy the apps after the partition is done? How do I install the live wallpapers and games. I am totally clueless and I don't wan to do anything yet because am afraid that I might screw up my phone ;)

Thank you so much!

Theres a market application in your phone, there are all the games and apps. You need internet connection on your phone for it.

jael65

jael65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:GT540
Cusetion: The pdf manual for app2sd is complete?. the last page (8) have last point (22) that said: "run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc" my question is: that's it? no more steps.
Greetings from Mexico

Edited by jael65, 17 January 2011 - 12:15 AM.

ilovelg

ilovelg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Cusetion: The pdf manual for app2sd is complete?. the last page (8) have last point (22) that said: "run autorootapp2sd.bat on your pc" my question is: that's it? no more steps.
Greetings from Mexico

I havent created that .pdf file, i think i put credits of dude who posted it, try contacting him or other people who installed Apps2SD. I dont use it and never have used Apps2SD.

IvanDV

IvanDV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus

Greetings from Mexico

that is not it. you need to root your phone, than select store method, the best one is under number 1 - standard app2sd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users