SmartNES v1.1 : some new features

Guest zizione

Im in the same situation as mcfc2134.....

I've got the emulator on my PC, and i've got some NES roms, but what do i do with them??? how do i install them to the phone??? :?:

(before anyone asks, my phone is unlocked)

Guest ivanmacx

mcfc and vik_x:

Use activesync to put all the files into a new folder on your phone (probably best on the Storage Card)

In that folder right click on smartnes.exe and create a shortcut

Move the shortcut in your IPSMWindowsStart MenuGames folder (and rename it to just 'SmartNES')

Hey presto, you have a link under Games in your program menu

cheers for the feedback ivanmacx, so i take it the rom has to be in the same folder, if so what file extention is it. e.g. mario.rom mario.nes or mario.exe

i ask this cos i have tried before, the emulator loads up, but when is press to open rom, i get that error message stating no file found.

• 2 months later...
Guest unclelimey
mashkhan> The configuration is stored in the registry in HKLMSoftwareSmartNES. Just delete the whole key to re-init your config files.

i cannot seem to find this file, as i have also messed up my key mapping.... can anyone help me??

• 3 months later...

Seems to be a lot of old threads getting bumped up, looks like highlighting the search button was a good idea! :)

Anyway, I've had another play around with this emulator, and I've found a neat trick that some of you might find useful. Basically, I like to play games on the SPV by rotating the phone 90 degrees clockwise, using the d-pad with the left thumb, and the volume up/down buttons for the games actions. I think XRick does it this way by default.

The GUI for SmartNES won't allow you to assign the volume up/down buttons for in game use, even though they don't do anything. You can however do it by editing the registry. Go to:

HKCU/Software/SmartNES/NES/Input/Controller1/

And there you will see keys for each button. Go into the "A" one and set the value to "76" (it's default is "70"). Set the "B" option to "75" (default is "71"). You can now use vol down as "A" and up as "B". Then, redo the up/down/left/right controls to the rotation, and tell SmartNES to rotate the screen. It's now very useable!!

You need to make sure that SmartNES isn't running at the time when you do this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest x2c4u

k found this old thread! need to know where i can get the latest version of this emulator? the link on the first page dont seem to work?