Foursquare

Guest PaulOBrien

foursquare1.pngfoursquare2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Foursquare

What they say

Foursquare helps you find new ways to explore your city. See where your friends are, learn about the places they frequent and unlock rewards as you travel.

What we say

I am quite late to the Foursquare game... but it's kinda fun. I like checking in, trying to get mayorship of my regular haunts and leaving tips for people visiting later. Not everyone's cup of tea, but the Android app is well implemented! :)

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION / INTERNET / READ_CONTACTS / READ_LOGS / RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED / VIBRATE / WAKE_LOCK / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

foursquare.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.13 (23930 ratings)

Version at time of writing

2010-10-27

Similar / Alternative apps

I also use TweetDeck for a lot of my FourSquare checkins too! :)

Suggested improvements for the next version

I'd like to see it cache nearby locations perhaps, not doing so can make it a little slow when you revisit frequented places.

Have your say

Fan of FourSquare? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :(

Guest spanner44

I have downloaded this and started to use it, although in my area there are not many locations around where I am, and i haven't tried adding locations in yet. As you say, it would be nice if they would cache some of the results.

haven't tried Gowilla yet, not sure how it compares, it would be good if we could have a side by side comparison of these two.