How to: Install CM6.1 (beta 0.30), DTApps2SD, and OC kernel

Guest twrock

Well I am seriously going mad here, have reformatted my 8 Gb SD Card with 64 mb Swap, 1024 mb Ext 2 and Fat 32 for the rest and reinstalled Cm6, gapps, oc kernal and DTapps again after doing a full wipe yet when I start the terminal again the problem still exists that i had before that the d2sd is not working and moving the apps to Sd card as my phone reports low on memory so it obviously isn't moving them. When I do a a2sd check in the terminal I get an X in the box that says : Ext partition found, but not mounted. Your Rom may not be set up to use Apps2SD.

Does anyone know how I can mount this Ext partion, or am I best just forgetting it and reinstalling without DTApps2SD and using the inbuilt froyo apps2sd and compcache ?

Again, my disclaimer that I don't really have any idea if this rom will install according to my instructions on your device. It might be that your problem is nothing more than that. It would be nice if someone else with an 8230 could verify it works for them. But having said all of that..................

1. How exactly did you partition your SD card. Do not spare any details in your explanation. (I used a card reader and Gparted in Linux and have the partitions in this order: fat32, ext2, swap; I can't say that matters, but for full disclosure, that's what I did.)

2. "... reinstalled Cm6, gapps, oc kernal and DTapps...." Is that the order you installed those files in? I have no idea if it really matters, but that is not the order I have installed those files in.

3. With all of your extra memory, the limitations of the built-in apps2sd will probably not be a problem. That is a more realistic option for you than for me. I run out of space too quickly using the built-in version, so DT is definitely what I want.

Edit: (Thought of another one.) 4. Are you doing a full wipe, only once, just before you start to install all those zip files? (I ask, because I saw instructions elsewhere that could be misunderstood to say that you wipe after installing; that is not right.)

Unless it is the 8230 issue, the bottom line is still whether or not you have partitioned that card correctly and then followed the instructions precisely.

Edited by twrock

... it looks like everything is installed and working (except app2sd which is having the same problem as the guy above)....

Richard, if you can get that all to work with DT Apps2SD, I'll definitely replace the instructions with that instead. I'm sure everyone will be very happy to have a single step that works "every time". But a huge part of what I was trying to do with this thread was to help people to get DT Apps2SD working, so that is critical IMO.

Well, now that I think about it a little more, I think I would just put the "one-step" solution first, but still leave the other so that people can figure out how to leave out the parts they don't want. But who knows, just about the time we get this all working without any problems for everyone and their grandmother, the next version will be out and well all be back at trying to get that one to work. :rolleyes:

Guest cph2001
You shouldn't need to create a txt for SetCPU to recognise the clock speeds. Also they're not all of the speeds from what I can remember. When you set up SetCPU did you choose the device (u8220/pulse) or did you choose to automatically detect speeds? You should choose the automatic option if you didn't...

Firstly I was choosing the device u8220/pulse but looking at SetCpu the instructions say to choose automatically detect speeds but the option is not shown below in the list which is why I had to create the text file. Perhaps I need a new version of SetCpu (mine is 1.5.3)

Guest starkos
Firstly I was choosing the device u8220/pulse but looking at SetCpu the instructions say to choose automatically detect speeds but the option is not shown below in the list which is why I had to create the text file. Perhaps I need a new version of SetCpu (mine is 1.5.3)

Ahh that would explain it then, it's on 2.0.4 now :rolleyes: You can get the latest version from the xda thread HERE (you may have to register to dl attachments but only takes a min)

You have two options really:

1) Use clockwork to flash CM6 only & then flash AmonRA back to the device.

2) Learn to sign apk/update.zips so you can delete a couple lines of text from the update-script then re-sign the zip to make it compatible with AmonRA.

Neither options should take much effort...

I think I'll go with number 1 seems a tad more straight foward thanks for replying :-)

But I'll look into signing .apk/zip files.

Edited by twics

Guest Pedro Fonseca
ok follow the steps below

1. are you on flb 2.1? you can tell by going into settings, about phone then under it look for something saying flb maybe the version bit

2. assuming you are then go to market and install "rom manager"

3. go into rom manager and click "flash clockworkmod recovery", it will ask you what phone and choose "huawei pulse"

4. after this it will download, ask for root permissions (click allow) and then it will say recovery installed

5. turn it of and when you press the power button, hold the menu and red button at EXACTLY THE SAME TIME and keep holding then until you boot you into boot into clockwork recovery, from there click nandroid and then backup, this will backup your current rom and your configuration so if you dont like 2.2 then you can restore back to 2.1

6. make sure the zip is in the sd card and then click wipe data/factory reset, after this go down to install zip from sd card, choose zip from sdcard and then choose that update.zip

it will now go through the install process and when it is down click reboot system now and you will be in beautiful and fast 2.2

hi, when i go to settings, about the phone it doesn´t apear anything sayng flb. i´ve already installed the room manager and clicked on "flash clockworkmod recovery" but it apears an error saying that i don´t have permitions. "an error ocurred while attempting to run privileged commands".

the rest i think its easy to follow if it doesn´t apear any error :rolleyes:. I guess that the problem is that my android is no rooted, but i don´t know how to do that too :S

thanks once again

Edited by Pedro Fonseca

Guest AntonioPT
hi, when i go to settings, about the phone it doesn´t apear anything sayng flb. i´ve already installed the room manager and clicked on "flash clockworkmod recovery" but it apears an error saying that i don´t have permitions. "an error ocurred while attempting to run privileged commands".

the rest i think its easy to follow it it doesn´t apear any error :huh:

thanks once again

Pedro, como sou português e sei como resolver o teu problema, vou-te tentar ajudar. Quando puder (já agora a seguir :huh:) vou dizer-te os passos que tens que dar para instalares o cyanogenmod. Presumo que estejas a usar a actualização da TMN para o Android 2.1 não? Ou ainda estás a usar o Android 1.5 que veio com o telemóvel?

English speakers: This is portuguese. If you want to read it, use google translate because I don't feel like translating it :rolleyes:

Guest Pedro Fonseca
Pedro, como sou português e sei como resolver o teu problema, vou-te tentar ajudar. Quando puder (já agora a seguir :huh:) vou dizer-te os passos que tens que dar para instalares o cyanogenmod. Presumo que estejas a usar a actualização da TMN para o Android 2.1 não? Ou ainda estás a usar o Android 1.5 que veio com o telemóvel?

English speakers: This is portuguese. If you want to read it, use google translate because I don't feel like translating it :rolleyes:

Mt mais facil de expor o problema, obrigadão, é o update da tmn...

Guest AntonioPT
Mt mais facil de expor o problema, obrigadão, é o update da tmn...

De nada, tou aqui para ajudar :huh:

A primeira coisa que deves fazer é exportar os teus contactos e outras coisas importantes que tenhas guardado no telemóvel (podes guardar no cartão de memória) porque quando acabarmos de instalar o Cyanogenmod provavelmente irás perder as aplicações instaladas e as configurações, etc...

Agora o que tens que fazer é instalar a Clockworkmod recovery. Vai-te permitir instalar o cyanogen (e as outras ROMs), fazer um backup do teu telemóvel todo, etc...

Fazes download deste zip e extrais para uma pasta qualquer.

Agora desligas o telemóvel, e enquanto carregas "TERMINAR CHAMADA + DIMINUIR VOLUME", carregas na botão para ligar o telemóvel. Quando sentires a vibração e aparecer o símbolo da TMN podes largar. Se não aparecer um ecrã azul experimenta tirar a bateria e tentar de novo, a mim acontece-me muitas vezes :angry:

Agora com esse ecrã azul no telemóvel, ligas o telemóvel ao computador através do cabo USB, vais à pasta onde extraiste os ficheiros e abres o ficheiro "install-recovery-windows.bat". Quando acabar, ou diz que já acabou ou a janela fecha-se (já não me lembro :angry:).

Agora desligas o telemóvel do computador e tiras-lhe a bateria. Ligas-o novamente, deixas-o arrancar, ligas-o outra vez ao computador e passas estes ficheiros zip para o teu cartão de memória do telemóvel (não é para extrair, são mesmo os ficheiros zip).

Agora já podes desligar o telemóvel do PC. Desligas-o, e enquanto carregas "MENU + TERMINAR CHAMADA", carregas no botão de ligar o telemóvel (quando sentires a vibração podes largar os botões). Deve aparecer um ecrã parecido a este: clockwork.png

Vais com a trackball (a bolinha :rolleyes:) até "nandroid" e carregas. Depois carregas em Backup. Vai demorar talvez 3-5 minutos: está a fazer um backup do teu telemóvel como está agora (com a versão 2.1 da TMN), no caso de quereres voltar para o 2.1 (duvido :D) ou de alguma coisa não correr como esperamos que corra.

Quando aparecer "Backup complete!", vais com a trackball até "wipe data/factory reset" e carregas. Depois seleccionas yes e deixas correr (deve demorar aí uns segundos). Agora fazes o mesmo mas para "wipe cache partition". Depois vais a "advanced" e carregas em "Wipe Battery Stats". Voltas atrás com o botão com a seta para trás e carregas em "install zip from sdcard".

Agora escolhes "choose zip from sdcard". Aí hás-de ver os ficheiros zip que eu disse para pores no cartão de memória. Primeiro carregas no "CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip". Seleccionas yes e deixas instalar. Voltas a carregar em "choose zip from sdcard" e fazes o mesmo mas para os seguintes ficheiros, nesta ordem:

(depois do CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.30.zip)

CM6_0.3.oc691_signed.zip

dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed.zip

gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip

Gallery3D.SoundRecorder.Fix_signed.zip

Camera.Focus.Fix_signed.zip

Quando tudo acabar, voltas atrás ao menu inicial e carregas em "reboot system now". Quando o telemóvel reiniciar já deverás estar no Cyanogenmod! :angry: Escolhes o português em "choose language" e segues os passos para a conta google, etc...

Espero que tenha ajudado, se tiveres algum problema ou precisares de ajuda diz qualquer coisa :D

English speakers: This was a tutorial to install clockwork and then install Cyanogenmod with a2sd and all the fixes. Google translate it if you want :huh:

Guest AntonioPT
can anyone answer my question...plzz i need help...ive looked everywhere and i still cant find how to do it

Have you got a recovery installed (Clockworkmod/Amon RA)?

Guest Pedro Fonseca

Tenho um problema pequeno, é que quando tento instalar o Clockworkmod recovery, diz me que tenho que fazer root ao meu tlm :S tens msn ou skype?

Guest jonnybird
Tenho um problema pequeno, é que quando tento instalar o Clockworkmod recovery, diz me que tenho que fazer root ao meu tlm :S tens msn ou skype?

Pois para instalares a Clockworkmod tens de ter root no telemovel

Guest Pedro Fonseca
Obrigadão....ja Funciona e esta espectacular....ja agr onde vou buscar a aplicação market? xD

Abraços

ja agr uma ultima ajuda pff? quando tento abrir uma aplicação de android no tlm diz-me que nao tenho permissões para tal...podem-me ajudar pff? obrigado

Guest spanner44
Again, my disclaimer that I don't really have any idea if this rom will install according to my instructions on your device. It might be that your problem is nothing more than that. It would be nice if someone else with an 8230 could verify it works for them. But having said all of that..................

1. How exactly did you partition your SD card. Do not spare any details in your explanation. (I used a card reader and Gparted in Linux and have the partitions in this order: fat32, ext2, swap; I can't say that matters, but for full disclosure, that's what I did.)

2. "... reinstalled Cm6, gapps, oc kernal and DTapps...." Is that the order you installed those files in? I have no idea if it really matters, but that is not the order I have installed those files in.

3. With all of your extra memory, the limitations of the built-in apps2sd will probably not be a problem. That is a more realistic option for you than for me. I run out of space too quickly using the built-in version, so DT is definitely what I want.

Edit: (Thought of another one.) 4. Are you doing a full wipe, only once, just before you start to install all those zip files? (I ask, because I saw instructions elsewhere that could be misunderstood to say that you wipe after installing; that is not right.)

Unless it is the 8230 issue, the bottom line is still whether or not you have partitioned that card correctly and then followed the instructions precisely.

Just to fill you in with what I did :

1. I have tried partioning the SD card first with Amoron then changing back to clockwork, but that didn't work, so I then reformatted the disk via a card reader and running a Live disc of Linux and Gparted. The same problem existed as described.

2. The order that I installed was CM, oc Kernal, DTapps, and Gapps. I then tried doing it CM6, oc Kernal, Gapps and then DTapps still with same result.

3. Seems to be working okay at the moment with the built in version, although I preferred the independent version - never mind.

4. Did full wipes of everything before the installation of the zips.

It doesn't matter, as its working alright for me, except without the external DTapps and using the internal Froyo version instead.

Out of interest, and I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this but the gapps-pulse-20101020 version, newly updated one, wouldn't let me download anything from the market, the phone just kept restarted when it said it was installing. so I tried the gapps-mdpi-20100930, but this wouldn't give me the market, so in the end and a lot of searching for the link used gapps-mdpi-tiny-20100930 which worked okay for me.

Not sure if this is relevent or was just exclusive to me.

Guest jonnybird
ja agr uma ultima ajuda pff? quando tento abrir uma aplicação de android no tlm diz-me que nao tenho permissões para tal...podem-me ajudar pff? obrigado

Não instalaste este zip gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip? Não tinha ai o Market?

Quando tentas abrir apps, como por exemplo

Guest Richard_Arkless

A2sd is driving me insane, I have tried my version and twrock's step by step tutorial, both have exactly the same outcome

I also tried just flashing cm6 and a2sd and nothing else but still same problem

I got 1st partition as fat32 and a 2nd partition on ext2 (256mb)

I use swapper2 to manage swap as I like it to be in a swap file

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest GregorioUY

Anybody knows how to install touchpal+spanish language? I've looked for the app (it was already installed on FLB 1.7), installed, then installed the spanish pack (someone posted it, and I still got it), but can't managae to make it work on 0.3 Beta, any guesses?

A2sd is driving me insane, I have tried my version and twrock's step by step tutorial, both have exactly the same outcome

I also tried just flashing cm6 and a2sd and nothing else but still same problem

I got 1st partition as fat32 and a 2nd partition on ext2 (256mb)

I use swapper2 to manage swap as I like it to be in a swap file

I assume that means you started with a clean install of the UK 2.1 update and booted it once. If so, and if you did every step "by the book", I don't know what to suggest. It simply doesn't make sense to me. That's why I keep thinking about how people are partitioning their SD cards and wondering if the difference is there. But from what spanner44 posted, I can't see what could be wrong with what he did.

Maybe I should repartition my SD card and take screenshots while I do it and post those. But I have no idea if that is really the issue. Maybe it's the SD card itself? Have you got another to experiment with? I don't know' I'm just grasping at straws.

And no matter what I have done with the rest of the install, yes, installing the basic CM6.1 and DTApps2SD "just works" for me.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm stumped. :rolleyes:

Anybody knows how to install touchpal+spanish language? I've looked for the app (it was already installed on FLB 1.7), installed, then installed the spanish pack (someone posted it, and I still got it), but can't managae to make it work on 0.3 Beta, any guesses?

Check the Cyanogen 6 Discussion/Help thread. I put a link there to a working Touchpal (simple app install). You should be able to copy the language pack out of FLB or find the link to the extra language packs in the FLB 2.1 thread.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I assume that means you started with a clean install of the UK 2.1 update and booted it once. If so, and if you did every step "by the book", I don't know what to suggest. It simply doesn't make sense to me. That's why I keep thinking about how people are partitioning their SD cards and wondering if the difference is there. But from what spanner44 posted, I can't see what could be wrong with what he did.

Maybe I should repartition my SD card and take screenshots while I do it and post those. But I have no idea if that is really the issue. Maybe it's the SD card itself? Have you got another to experiment with? I don't know' I'm just grasping at straws.

And no matter what I have done with the rest of the install, yes, installing the basic CM6.1 and DTApps2SD "just works" for me.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm stumped. :rolleyes:

how did you partition the sd?, I havent tried another sd card but I doubt that will fix it

if you do decide to start over could you try my rom to see if that works for you

oh and installing uk 2.1 once and installing uk 2.1 everytime would have the same outcome so you wont need to reflash uk 2.1 everytime

Edited by Richard_Arkless

oh and installing uk 2.1 once and installing uk 2.1 everytime would have the same outcome so you wont need to reflash uk 2.1 everytime

Yes, one would think that is true. "Logic" says that is true. Everything I know about how this should work says that is true. And I usually have no need to even consider doing it, so I "typically" don't.

But, having had experience with installs working differently after reflashing the updata.app than before reflashing, I'm not yet convinced that it doesn't matter. When things are not working and I can't figure out why, I have gone back on more than one occasion and started completely over and gotten different results. Maybe it is nothing more than I am more careful that final time, so I won't claim to know what the real reason is. Logic tells me that the problems are always "pilot error". But I can't deny that something seems to happen differently. :rolleyes:

Edit: regarding SD card formatting, I do it via a card reader and Gparted running in Ubuntu. I calculate out how much space I want for swap and ext2. I then make a fat32 partition at the beginning of the card sized to take up whatever I don't want in ext2 and swap. Then I make the ext2 partition, leaving 64mb for my swap file, and finally create the swap file.

The very first time I added swap I did it that way. But then later on I tried to do it via Recovery (can't remember which one) and failed entirely to get things working. (I know many others use Recovery just fine, but it didn't work for me.) But I've had the same card and the same partitioning for a long time now, so it isn't something I go back and redo often. I hope that doesn't mean I'm forgetting something.

Spanner44 has mentioned the Gparted live disk. I'd think that would have worked exactly the same as what I do, so I still have no explanation for why the two of you are having such frustrating results.

Edited by twrock

Guest Hubert FONGARNAND

Everything works on my U8230 with UK update

EXCEPT OC kernel... when i try to boot with the (691 Mhz) kernel, it boot loop... the logo (T-Mobile appears and reboot!!)

Edited by Hubert FONGARNAND