Mail Widget

Guest sweetthdevil

Guest sweetthdevil

Hi all,

And what a great forum by the way :rolleyes: a reference for any smart phone user!

So I am the delighted owner of a HTC Desire - O2 running Froyo with HTC Sense obviously.

I have searched the web quite a bit without finding any good alternative to HTC mail widget, the downside of using HTC mail is gmail doesn't push your email but the app go check your inbox every given time and the fact that your battery will obviously suffer without mentioning your data allowance will be use much quicker, the plus side is their widget which is very well sorted and quite frankly very good looking.

So I disabled HTC Mail and back using the gmail app without any widget, I guess the question would be; Will it be very hard adapting the HTC Mail widget to feed from the gmail app? Or would it be hard to create a Widget feeding on Gmail app looking like the HTC Mail one?

P.S. I am a bit shock that no Gmail widget has been created already for Android, nor that google have done one....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dkSpook

Look for "Gmail unread count" in the Android Market B)

Just a small 1x1 widget showing you the number of unread mails in your gmail inbox and acting as a shortcut.