Got mine unlocked from Clove. Excellent service. Shipped almost immediately.. DHL took 4 days to get it to Dubai.. been playing with it for 2 days now and it's awesome
Initial feedback moving from Blackberry 9700 + Desire (BB when travelling outside the office - need the keyboard when I'm not lugging a laptop around, Desire when in the office) to full time Desire Z:
1) Battery Life - MUCH MUCH Better.. this was my biggest problem with the Desire, barely lasted 8 hours in office, let alone a whole day. This one easily lasts me a day.
3) Love the enhancements on the new Sense. Everything just feels more fluid. Too many improvements to list but e-mail client in particular (with corporate exchange sync) works beautifully with the keyboard. Like the customization options as well with skins (Slate is very nice). However I expect all of this will be available through HTC or Paul at some point for the standard Desire as well.
4) Keyboard is good not great. Slightly mushy when compared to a Blackberry for instance but good enough for me. This was the main reason I bought the phone and for the way I work (mostly e-mail, lots of browsing, then phone/messaging etc) I would't go back to a touch screen only phone.
5) Don't like touch keys for home/menu/back/search. Much prefer the Desire's physical buttons. However the touchpad is definitely better than the optical nub thing on the desire.
6) It's heavy - don't underestimate the weight. This one weighs down the pocket and you always feel like you may drop it if you are not careful. Desire was so light I barely knew it was there. Have dropped the desire more than once and gotten away with it but not so sure this will last too many drops.
7) It's solid - yes the keyboard can slide out if you lift it just so or slide back in if you angle it just so but in real use I don't find any issues. Works very well for me. Build quality seems to be excellent and I'm not sure what some people are on about.
No buyers remorse so far, particularly after yesterday's news of full root.
Edited by Abra Cadabra, 10 November 2010 - 09:32 AM.