Sumit Bhardwaj's WM 6.5.3 build 23145 JE2 Full+Extras ROM

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hi guys,

Here is a full WM 6.5.3 JE2 23145 ROM that I have built for my personal use. I thought it might be of some interest for others too :rolleyes: Its a plain, vanilla 6.5.3 ROM so I don't think screen shots are necessary.

Link : Download from Megaupload.com

Here is what is in the ROM :

- Windows Mobile 6.5, CE OS 5.2.23145 (Build 23145.5.3.10), with Start button at bottom.

- Full, unmodified JE2 ROM with Optimized CSC (1.86 MB only, will work with other ROMs too, though not all maybe), LZX Compression and 12 MB Pagepool for optimum performance.

- Phone Memory : Approx 144 MB, RAM: About 72 MB on start

- Samsung Widgets, Samsung Today, Dialer and Keyboard from JD1 ROM of Omnia II for 6.5.x position changes compatibility.

- Schaps Advanced Configuration Tool (Highly versatile tweaking utility)

- DotFred's Task Manage 3.3 for WM 6.5 (Highly useful and detailed task manager for power users)

- GPRS Counter application from JE2 ROM (Useful for keeping track of GPRS data usage for limited GPRS plan users. Can show stats in chart as well as report format)

- Midomi Application from Omnia II (Music information recognition software)

- MortScript 4.2 (A very popular scripting runtime for Windows Mobile)

- OpenNETSDF v2.3.0.21 (A framework that complements .NET CF, needed to run many modern .NET based apps).

- SQL Server CE 3.1 (Although SQL Server is always there on Windows mobile in background, this version supports a GUI tool, Query Analyzer, using which you can run SQL commands on your phone :huh: )

- XDA Shutdown v1.01 with Black Theme (Shutdown, Restart, Sleep or Hibernate your mobile with ease.)

- AutoClose Patch 1.1 (Enhances the way memory allocation/deallocation happens on Omnia, useful for keeping phone running for long time without restart)

- Bluetooth Toggle Application (One touch toggling of bluetooth)

- MADE Text Editor (A simple text editor that supports both ANSI and Unicode text formats)

- PPC PIM Backup (Great Personal Information (contacts, messages, calender, task etc) backup utility)

- Pocket RAR (Archiving utility supporting RAR and ZIP formats)

- Simple Regedit (A powerful registry editor, despite the word simple in its name :huh: )

- HTCSensorSDK.dll and LibGLES_CM.dll (Needed for accelerometer and OpenGLES v1 support in games and manilla kind of apps)

- Microsoft Voice Commands (from WM 6.5.3 build, the latest version available. Recognizes asian accents quiet well, including Indian english :D )

- Latest MyPhone application, No need to install afterwards.

- UTDrv TTF driver for fixing Bold Fonts issue with the new Font Engine of 231xx builds. For more information, search on XDA.

- Bubble Breaker game added from COM2. WM 6.5.3 no longer comes with it.

- Tweaks

----Orientation Settings Enabled

----Titanium Enabled by Default

----JBlend Font Size fix

----WinMO default Settings icon enabled

----Disabled lines between tradional today plugins

----Enabled Lockscreen Picker in Settings>Lockscreen

----Disabled Samsung Large Titlebar for enabling Windows default large icon title bar dropdown

----Enabled Samsung Launcher (that shows up automatically when keyboard is slided) by default)

----Other Misc performance tweaks.

Please note that as I said before this was for my personal use, so everything is according to my preferences. If you feel your preferences are same, use it else ignore it. Just a small disclaimer :D

Cheers! :angry:

PS: Its a self extracting executable, just run the exe, extract the files at some path on your hard drive and you will get the nb0 (PDA) and CSC file for flashing.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Known Problems :

-------------------------------

1) Sometimes, when phone is not restarted for some time and used heavily, using the lock button to put phone to sleep may not lock it. When you wake it up, it will come unlocked. I am not aware of a fix right now, I always long press the lock key to first lock the device and then press the key again briefly to make it sleep.

2) 2 Ring delay when phone call comes is there. I will ask daskalos for the fix, if he helps me, I will post that here in form of a cab and make it permanent in all the future roms.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Yes, Its a self extracting executable. Sometimes, people don't have 7Zip or dont know about the 7z compression and start asking questions. To avoid that I packaged it as a self extracting executable so that everybody can use it without any problem.

Guest greenonion

Great you`re back :rolleyes:

I really liked your last version (mid summer i think it was...)

I`ll follow the thread about the ringing problem ... when it`s solved, i`ll try it.

enjoy

c ya :huh:

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey thanks for the appreciation guys. :rolleyes:

I am working on the fix right now, it seems like its a power management related issue, the audio device is being put to sleep and it takes time to get back to work when a call comes. I am still awaiting daskalos's response but also working on my own.

Guest Thunder141

so the audio device is set to sleep eben if the device isn't ?

Hey thanks for the appreciation guys. :rolleyes:

I am working on the fix right now, it seems like its a power management related issue, the audio device is being put to sleep and it takes time to get back to work when a call comes. I am still awaiting daskalos's response but also working on my own.

• 1 month later...
Guest CharanKANWAL

Dear Sumit,

Am a novice to flashing & have directly flashed my B7610 with 6.1 to ur custom rom mentioned above. I flashed to get rid of Unknown caller problem (The sleep one u mentioned) but am finding the same here.

Can you please let me know should I revert to ur earlier rom??

Please Sumit Thanking you in advance for your kind advce.

Guest chinmay.tikhe

Dear Sumit,

I have a question. I hope you can help me out with this issue.

I flashed my B7610 using below mentioned files:

B7610NXEEJC2.csc

Eboot_B7610NXXJC2_HW_70.eb0

Phone_B7610XXJC1.bin

JC2_SumitBhardwaj.nb0

Now whenever I connect my earphone there is no sound in the earphones.

I checked my earphones with other devices, its working fine.

Before flashing, the earphone slot also worked fine.

I also tried the *#0002*28346# option for audio gain. It increased the volume of phone but still there is no sound in the earphones.

Thanks for the help and everything that enhanced my phone.

Still I shall request you to help me fix the above mentioned issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Chinmay

• 1 month later...
Guest sush_omnia_7610

Hi Sumit I am from India too and I have been willing to upgrade my original 6.1 Indian rom to 6.5 for quite some time. I am trying to understand the flashing process by the guides/tutorials in this forum. I must say that you are doing a great job helping us and proving useful info for flashing on Indian ROMs.

Can you plz help me in my first flashing attempt?

After reading the guide to flashing ROMs in the sticky threads I think I am starting to understand things, but there are still a few doubts there. .

1) how can I back up my original rom before I do my first flash attempt so that in case, I want to go back to my previous rom I can do that. Is backup and Dumping a ROM same?

2) I have read that there are full ROMs and megalite/lite ROMs and your vanilla ROMs but I don't fully understand the difference? Can you plz give me some insight . .

3) I would like your suggestions for a rom that I should flash to as my first attempt.

â—‹ I want to upgrade to winmo6.5, want a rom which is stable and decently fast, and should allow me to install a no of third party applications that i am currently using on my original rom.

○ I want to keep using office mobile after flashing. I think its built into the official 6.1 ROM (I may be wrong so pardon me). As I don’t have the cab to it, Is there a way to reinstall it after flashing another rom, do your roms have it?

â—‹ Which one of your rom should I flash.

â—‹ I really love sense on HTC devices should I go for a sense ROM from Dasklos?

â—‹ Considering It will be my first flash on the original Indian 6.1 rom do I have to first flash a full official 6.5 rom to get the Eboot part ?

â—‹ in case I do have to flash an official ROM first, which one should I use for that? - original B7610NXXJC2 (http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-pro-b7610-modaco-com/306975/official-b7610nxxjc2-rom-available/) or the unreleased Indian version - B7610INUJE2 rom (http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-pro-b7610-modaco-com/312017/good-news-for-b7610-newest-rom/) and then flash your ROM's .nb0?

PS : IT MAY SEEM A LOT OF Qs TO ASK BUT CAN YOU PLz help me how to go about it? I need your help seriously. I have already read the guides on the sticky thread as well as your guide for Indian Users

• 1 month later...
Guest Murali1806
Known Problems :

-------------------------------

1) Sometimes, when phone is not restarted for some time and used heavily, using the lock button to put phone to sleep may not lock it. When you wake it up, it will come unlocked. I am not aware of a fix right now, I always long press the lock key to first lock the device and then press the key again briefly to make it sleep.

2) 2 Ring delay when phone call comes is there. I will ask daskalos for the fix, if he helps me, I will post that here in form of a cab and make it permanent in all the future roms.

Hi Sumit.

Do we have any solution to this 2 ring problem?

Thanks,

Murali

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sandeep101

great rom.tried many roms .but urs is the best.thanks for ur work.

btw applications not closing by pressing X button. is there any fix for this?

Guest PankajM

I started using this ROM 1 week back and this is the first time i am liking WM 6.5 (i am soo used to WM 6.1 and tried a few 6.5 ROMs earlier last year). Only one help, i tried searching through forums and Google but could not resolve, sorry if it is posted somewhere only the link will be perfect.

I need to take the start button and 'X' back to top cause some of the application window is hiding it by displaying its own stuff. Please help me with this tweak...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sandeep101

hi pankaj. what do u want to do with that x button?in this built u can only minimize d application with x button. so use direct hardware menu button to jump out of d application.

Guest PankajM
hi pankaj. what do u want to do with that x button?in this built u can only minimize d application with x button. so use direct hardware menu button to jump out of d application.

Thanks sandeep. I have assigned the menu hold key to OK/Close and surely wont have any issue now onwards.

In Winmo 6.1, i used to kill app by holding the 'X' button but that does not seem to be available in 6.5, so your solution is the best :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sandeep101

hey sumit .. this weird problem has developed with my b7610 pro, when i connect my phone to wall charger within 1-2 mins it would show 100% battery and when i remove the charger from the phone , it would come to the normal levels say 15% . phone wont charge even when its turned off .Phone would charge normally through usb ( i think so , though i m not sure). I am really annoyed with this problem . i have done a hard reset but it hadnt solved my problem . any suggestions?

Edited by sandeep101

Guest sandeep101

HI PANKAJ , CAN U PLEASE SHARE UR FIRMWARE DETAILS. SPECIFICALLY UR EBOOT FILE VERSION.MY PHONE IS NOT CHARGING PROPERLY AND ITS WEIRD .