mr. winterbottom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Twitter:@laabertasch
Hello,

I've an AdFree Account but I can't download r14 for my Desire Z

When I click the link "download" i get a another site and here come only hieroglyphics
What's that ????

mr. winterbottom

trench619

trench619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC G2 [T-Moible]
Okay, first time poster here. Thanks to everyone trying to figure out how to get the most out of our phones with all you hard work. With that said, I’m a little worried I might have messed something up.

I downloaded the VISIONary r14 file and followed instructions on how to install. I at first temporary rooted my HTC T-Mobile G2 because I was worried about having issues with the install. The temp root went well. I searched around the net to find out how I could tell if my phone was rooted correctly. I was told to download a "Terminal Emulator”, open it up, type SU and press enter. If it jumped down a line and a # symbol appeared then I would know I had gained root access. I typed SU and it jumped down a line and displayed # just like I was told.

After that went so well, I decided to permanently root my phone. I clicked on “permanently root” and the program did its business and re-booted my phone. The phone came back up and seemed to function just fine. I then went back to the terminal emulator and again typed SU to see if I got the same results. This time when I type SU I get an error message saying “Permission Denied”. Now I’m worried, lol.

Does this mean that the permeate root I performed didn’t work properly?

trench619

trench619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I guess I might not be sure eon how to exactly permanently root the phone. It looks like I have to temporarily root the phone before I can permanently root it. After I have temp rooted the phone, do I need to check any of the boxes before clicking permanently root? The boxes I’m talking about are; Temproot on boot, Run visionary.Sh after root, and set system r/w after root.

This is driving me crazy. The temp root seems to work, but the permanently doesn’t. I also have been trying to use SetCpu, but I can’t move the speed slider over 800MHz, which I believe is the stock for the HTC G2.

Please help. Like I said, I’m kind of new to this all and this is my first post. Never been to this forum before so im not sure if anyone frequents this place much… I hope so.

Thomas Jacob

Thomas Jacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Paul,

Am new here and I have a Nexus One. It is not tied to any specific telecom service provider. Want to root it for the purpose of installing custom MOD CM6.1. Tried Superboot, fastboot-windows, VISIONary, no luck. Any pointers? Phone info:

Android 2.2.1
Build number FRG83D
NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.35.0017
MICROP-0b15

Do you need any more info?

Thomas

Edited by Thomas Jacob, 25 November 2010 - 05:13 AM.

Thomas Jacob

Thomas Jacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Paul,

Am new here and I have a Nexus One. It is not tied to any specific telecom service provider. Want to root it for the purpose of installing custom MOD CM6.1. Tried Superboot, fastboot-windows, VISIONary, no luck. Any pointers? Phone info:

Android 2.2.1
Build number FRG83D
NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.35.0017
MICROP-0b15

Do you need any more info?

Thomas

Hi Paul,

got it! the problem was the android sdk usb driver for windows was not properly installed. Did it and now am free......

Thomas

simpelsense

simpelsense

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
hey everybody,

i´m a proud owner of a german g2 desire z and for sure i want to root it now.

my question is: can i use the same rom for my german device as for the us desire Z?
im thinking of problems with less internal storage and the different keyboardlayout.

thx for any reply

jg01

jg01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mytough 4g
I have the MyTouch 4g (T-Mobile in the USA), downloaded this app, installed it and followed the above instructions. The reason for installing this is to be able to uninstall all bloatware installed by tmo. Downloaded and uninstall(root) and tried to uninstall the crapware. While it removed it from the app drawer, when I rebooted, they all came back. DOES THIS TEMP ROOT REALLY WORK? OR IS MORE SMOKE AND MIRRORS? Remember I fillowed the instructions above before you reply. I do hope there is a way to root this device and have it working the way I want. HELP!!

AlThePost

AlThePost

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Hero, Desire Z, Galaxy S2
  • Twitter:@AlBremner

After I have temp rooted the phone, do I need to check any of the boxes before clicking permanently root?

No, once you've got temp root immediately select "permanently root". Leave the other options well alone, and after the enforced reboot you should have permanent root. At least that's how it worked for me on Saturday.

I also have been trying to use SetCpu, but I can’t move the speed slider over 800MHz, which I believe is the stock for the HTC G2.

HTC lock the stock kernel so it can't be overclocked normally. With SetCPU open, if you select MENU you'll see a button for "Perflock Disabler". Read the warning and try it at your own risk; it may work, it may not, or it may crash your handset. Whatever happens, nothing persists after a restart unless you select "Set on boot" so DON'T enable this until you're confident that the device is stable!

HTH

Samsung Galaxy S2/Orange UK
Forum Mod - Android Forums
@AlBremner

trench619

trench619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

No, once you've got temp root immediately select "permanently root". Leave the other options well alone, and after the enforced reboot you should have permanent root. At least that's how it worked for me on Saturday.

HTC lock the stock kernel so it can't be overclocked normally. With SetCPU open, if you select MENU you'll see a button for "Perflock Disabler". Read the warning and try it at your own risk; it may work, it may not, or it may crash your handset. Whatever happens, nothing persists after a restart unless you select "Set on boot" so DON'T enable this until you're confident that the device is stable!

HTH

The temp root works just fine, but when I try to do the permanent root it doesn’t work. The phone re-boots and then comes back up not rooted.

Also, in setcpu I clicked "Perflock Disabler" like you stated. It does its business and then says “Perflock Disabler appears to be disabled”. But after that, I can’t move the scaling bar any higher than 806MHz.

I appreciate any help you could give me. This is driving me crazy. I have also tried to overclock with the method described in this post http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=813681 but I can’t get that to work either. The issues I’m having with the method I posted the link for are as follows:

“I can't seem to get my G2 to overclock with this method and it’s driving me crazy. Within GScript Lite I have added the script for the 4 files (cpoc, noreboot, oc, and oshittt). I have also placed vision_oc file in the root of the SD card.

I first run the cpoc file and it seems to work just fine, no errors… I get the reply “Script Finished”

But, when I attempt to run the oc file to gain 1GHz speed, I get the error “stderr: insmod: init_module ‘/data/local/vision_oc.ko’ failed (Exe format error).”

AlThePost

AlThePost

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Hero, Desire Z, Galaxy S2
  • Twitter:@AlBremner

I appreciate any help you could give me.

I wish I could help, but my level of knowledge simply isn't up to it. I did see a thread on XDA earlier today concerning the inability to gain perm root on the most recent Vodafone Zs due to (iirc) a different kernel, so perhaps something similar applies in your case. The thread is here - it might be useful to compare kernel/build numbers to see if there's anything in common?

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Samsung Galaxy S2/Orange UK
Forum Mod - Android Forums
@AlBremner

trench619

trench619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I wish I could help, but my level of knowledge simply isn't up to it. I did see a thread on XDA earlier today concerning the inability to gain perm root on the most recent Vodafone Zs due to (iirc) a different kernel, so perhaps something similar applies in your case. The thread is here - it might be useful to compare kernel/build numbers to see if there's anything in common?

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

It's all good man, thanks for trying. This whole thing is pissing me off. Make me not even want the G2 anymore. paid out the ass for it and now I can't get perma-root or overclock it. Not sure why some peoples G2's work and other dont. Guess there's all diffrent kind of code versions for the same phone. All my friends with Galaxy S's and Droids are all rooted and overclocked and im stuck with some stock ass G2. Really bummin me out and making me hate my phone perchas :P

rayboy

rayboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
Temproot seems to be working after a few attempts, Titanium is started but only shows 5 internal apps and no user apps available for backup.

ejwkamstra

ejwkamstra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Paul,

I just got my Desire Z and immediately used your Visionary. Wow it works great for "temproot", but I do not get "Permroot", somehow it reboots and I can get in to "superuser" but not in any of the system folders to achieve "S-Off". With temproot I can at least, with some help of other programs get my Desire Z to over clock to 1.42 GHz. So great job Paul. I hope I can "permroot" it later with the new revision of Visionary!

Best regards
Edwin

Mogul B. God

Mogul B. God

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, T-Mobile G1
  • Twitter:@keoni_a
I have a bit of a problem, I used VISIONary+ r14 and achieved temproot but when I tried to permroot the phone rebooted and stuck at the HTC boot screen. I applied the T-MO US OTA update and I'm still stuck. Any ideas on how to fix it?

delevic

delevic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Desire HD
  • Twitter:@None
It's work for now ;)

Edited by delevic, 09 December 2010 - 01:47 PM.

delevic

delevic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
On my Htc I temproot first time successfully , but after I was restarted phone , I can't root it again. Any Idea?

Edited by delevic, 09 December 2010 - 01:47 PM.

delevic

delevic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

The problem is just in application which I was moved to sd card. I just put it back on phone memory and start working again without any restarting or uninstalling applications .

So I find a problem I think. The problem is with applications which are moved form phone memory to sd-card. And after rebooting phone VISIONary+ r14 have some problem. Just move it back to phone memory ( settings\applicatons\manage applications) and start VISIONary+ r14 again.

But I have one advice for all , first un-root phone than restart him maybe help. And do not move unnecessary applications to sd card.

tehjiao

tehjiao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Paul!

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT!

I've able to temp root my Desire Z, would like to try for Permanent root but worry about Safety net, where can i look for copy of stock rom? My Desire Z is version 1.34.707.5

Thanks again.

Edited by tehjiao, 28 December 2010 - 09:37 AM.

E N i

E N i

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
Hi Paul!

Any news about Visionary for Desire HD 1.72?

Thanks

penco100

penco100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc desire hd
Hi Paul

Any news about Visionary for Desire HD 1.72.405.3?

Tnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users