Not wanting to boot

Guest scoop_987

Guest scoop_987

Hey, My dell streak isnt wanting to boot.

What I done to get it this far (From the VERY beginning):

-Started with 1.6 and all the yada up to 2.1 (All successfully)

-Then up to froyo 1.1.1 in each and every release without a hitch

-All the trouble started with 1.2, Where WiFi wouldn't connect for some reason (Not totally sure why)

So I decided to reflash 1.2 and caused a boot loop, After a while of faffing about with windows 7 to get fastboot to work, i decided to use my linux box. So flashed the stock recovery image from 2.1 and the flashed eclair back onto it and all worked again. So i thought i'd try to upgrade to 1.1.1 again (Just for flash), and it failed. I think the reason it failed was cause I unpacked the update zip and edited build.prop (changed LCD density back to 160) and repacked it. The file size was somewhere in the region of 88MB (Considerably smaller than steves version). So I reflash the stock recovery and then tried the 2.1 update again.

So now, I get the stock recovery screen, but says that the file doesn't exist (Update.pkg that is). Although I tried copying the file with windows and linux, formatted the SD Card with both aswell and also tried my brothers SD card, with no avail. Might have to try reflash the stock recovery.

So, My question is, Has anyone had this problem, and if so (And even if you haven't), how to I rectify my beloved streak?