Better than WVGA resolutions

Guest seaephpea

Guest seaephpea

Have there been any indications for how long we'll have to wait before WimMo7 devices get released with better than WVGA resolutions (like the iPhone 4 etc.)?

I know MS specified WVGA for the launch devices, was this just to minimise launch issues or will it take an OS update before we can even hope to see above WVGA resolutions?

Tom

Guest serialtoon
Do you really need a greater resolution with such a small screen?

Technically it would use more battery and visually would you actually notice a difference?

Not only that but it would work twice as hard. The higher the resolution, the more leg work the processor and graphics card would have to work.

Guest seaephpea

I dunno, I think it'd probably be useful to be honest. I've got a Touch HD at the moment and the pixels are a constraint on the clarity of small text. The HD2/7 have bigger screens but the same resolution so the problem's only worse I expect.

Plus is it so wrong not to want to give smug Apple fan boys another reason to be smug...

In any case, this is all orthogonal to the original question. Last year there was talk of HTC releasing an actually HD screen Win7 phone (720p) which is even better than the iPhone 4. Is something along these lines actually going to happen?