-- Original post --
I got my unlock code from NckCodes, but it looks like this site works FOR FREE!!!!
Put your IMEI in, select ZTE, leave the default model as ZTE BLUEBELT, pop in the not-a-robot code. In the box above the IMEI you'll receive your code. Gave me the same code as Nckcodes sent me.
Some further instructions so you don't have to look elsewhere (and see also Paul's video below):
- Use the dialler and enter this to see your IMEI: *#06# (don't press Call!).
- Get your unlock code from the site above.
- Double-check you used the correct IMEI number -- it's free to retry!
- Turn off your phone.
- Open the back.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the (Orange?) SIM card.
- Insert a SIM card from a different operator.
- Replace battery.
- Replace back.
- Turn on phone.
- (If prompted, enter any personal [4-digit?] PIN number that you may have set on the new SIM.)
- Now you should be prompted to enter the 8-digit unlock code ("SIM network unlock PIN"). Do it carefully!
Currently linked to by the top news item in their News section on the left of their home page: http://www.jictechnology.co.uk/
Note: if you have problems with getting a Data connection on your new SIM then you're probably running a ROM that doesn't include the APN settings for your new phone service provider. You can remedy this by adding the correct APN details manually by following the advice in this thread.
Paul's video on the unlocking process is below and at YouTube (this bit borrowed from here).
Edited by Arr Too, 28 December 2010 - 12:53 PM.