official 2.2 is here or something happens

Guest ali_alex

Guest dancemb

I want to see other people go through with this update, to make sure that it is a smooth change over, and that there is not the many, many problems that occured with the 2.1 update. I think that as Dell is awaiting carrier approval, it is being done the proper way so they dont get a massive telling off from O2, as I am sure they did when Dell released the update themselves.

I for one will decide either contract or buy the handset next month, depending on where the best deal is, but can guarantee I will be on either O2 or Vodafone, no other providers are good enough

Guest GriZlore

News from O2?

on Twitter.....

DellUKSMB Dell SMB UK Offers

@iStormUK @Dickinstein I hear your pain, sorry for the delay. I have just seen a 2.2 sample, it seems to be in its final hours.

News from O2?

on Twitter.....

DellUKSMB Dell SMB UK Offers

@iStormUK @Dickinstein I hear your pain, sorry for the delay. I have just seen a 2.2 sample, it seems to be in its final hours.

I was going to ask if anyone had asked o2 if they or dell were lying, but it looks like they both are...

Lol don't you love corporate responses on twitter. do you reckon the training courses cost lots to teach new ways of "connecting" * using web 2 and social media?

*talking bollocks in a way that makes them sound as if they really want to be your best mate and dead sincere, yeah honest guvnor....

Guest ali_alex

It seems that someone has received updates and does not know what to do with him

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/Di...-will-work.aspx

ortalahav 11-19-2010 3:14 AM

HHeeellllpppppp.....

I have a streak v 1.6...after the backup I'm downloading the update but the name of the file is" streak 309 11548 00.pkg" and not "update 6194 patch 5980.pkg" any way when it's finished I press update now the streak reboots and then I see an error massage " E:/ can't open sdcard/download/streak 309 11548 00 (bad)" affter a minut or two the streak starts like nothing happend the backup file is still there but no update!!!!!! what can I do??????? please help me??????????????

It seems that someone has received updates and does not know what to do with him

http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/Di...-will-work.aspx

ortalahav 11-19-2010 3:14 AM

HHeeellllpppppp.....

I have a streak v 1.6...after the backup I'm downloading the update but the name of the file is" streak 309 11548 00.pkg" and not "update 6194 patch 5980.pkg" any way when it's finished I press update now the streak reboots and then I see an error massage " E:/ can't open sdcard/download/streak 309 11548 00 (bad)" affter a minut or two the streak starts like nothing happend the backup file is still there but no update!!!!!! what can I do??????? please help me??????????????

ugh lets hope its not 11548 B)

Guest sukicat

I have a Streak on o2 2.1 and just tried to check for updates and the Dell site is down

anyone had this problem

That probably means that they are getting ready for the update (some hope) or the site has crashed !!

Guest superutp
I have a Streak on o2 2.1 and just tried to check for updates and the Dell site is down

anyone had this problem

That probably means that they are getting ready for the update (some hope) or the site has crashed !!

nup shows me the same 'blah blah blah blah'...

o2 8105 2.1

Guest superutp
have the same baseband as u...still shows the same thing for me on my phone....doesnt load on my pc..

hopefully I am wrong and u r right....B)

actually...when I go from system updates its the same old story..

but when typing it on the browser...it seems thts the server is down...tried it for various other basebands as well..hopefully somethings happening, however unlikely..

wow..look at us getting excited over the server not working!!