annoying problems.

Guest Ernoke

1. how can i disable APN's?

i can see my phone doing some data communication all the time. its slow and i have same traffic limits. i have no idea how to disable it.

2. lg pc suite is a piece of pure crap. which is the easiest way to delete 800+ garbage contacts without tapping the screen for hours? for eg using my pc and my mouse?

3. how can i remove/delete the primary gmail account including all its contacts? the phone says some application is using it. so what? and which app? and who cares? how can i delete it?

4. how can i delete all the f*cking contacts added automaticly without any useful data like a phone a number?

damn, this pisses me off.

ok, here is a way how to delete all the contacts with no phone number attached to them:

1. create a backup using MyBackup to your sd card

2. copy it to your pc, extract the mbp file and open it with sqlite cli

3. queries:

sqlite> create table nophone ( contact_id integer, mimetype text );

sqlite> insert into nophone (contact_id, mimetype) select raw_contact_id AS contact_id, group_concat(mimetype) AS x from contacts2_data group by raw_contact_id having x not like "%phone%";

sqlite> delete from contacts2_data where contact_id in (select contact_id from nophone);

sqlite> delete from contacts2_raw_contacts where _id in (select contact_id from nophone);

4. move the mbp file back to the archive and copy it to your sd

5. restore

Guest ASY9650

Based on any 2.1 ROM,

To stop contacts showing without any numbers > Contacts, Menu Key, Display Options, At the top there's an option you can select < Only contacts with phones >.

To turn off data being used in the background > Settings, Accounts & sync, There's an option you can select < Background data >, Make sure this is deselected without a green tick next to it.

If you look a bit lower than that, you can also deselect < Auto-sync >

If you do use applications such as Gmail, then you can select which parts of your Google account you want synced, a little bit lower under Accounts and Sync in settings, you will see a Google logo with your account name next to it, tap on it and then customize which parts you want synced.

If you turn off auto sync, it will mean you have to manually sync everything. That is if you intend to sync your mail, so in which case, leave it on but customize which options you want to sync by tapping on your Google Logo.

As for the above answer, what the hell? :rolleyes:.

Why would anyone go to that extent?.

Based on any 2.1 ROM,

To stop contacts showing without any numbers > Contacts, Menu Key, Display Options, At the top there's an option you can select < Only contacts with phones >.

To turn off data being used in the background > Settings, Accounts & sync, There's an option you can select < Background data >, Make sure this is deselected without a green tick next to it.

If you look a bit lower than that, you can also deselect < Auto-sync >

If you do use applications such as Gmail, then you can select which parts of your Google account you want synced, a little bit lower under Accounts and Sync in settings, you will see a Google logo with your account name next to it, tap on it and then customize which parts you want synced.

If you turn off auto sync, it will mean you have to manually sync everything. That is if you intend to sync your mail, so in which case, leave it on but customize which options you want to sync by tapping on your Google Logo.

As for the above answer, what the hell? :rolleyes:.

Why would anyone go to that extent?.

This is ok, but after I synced 1000+ garbage contacts accidently, i had no option for doing a cleanup. This is a huge problem.

Based on any 2.1 ROM,

"To turn off data being used in the background > Settings, Accounts & sync, There's an option you can select < Background data >, Make sure this is deselected without a green tick next to it"

Did those myself but found data was still being used, I had to go into wireless and network settings and disable mobile network (needs to be enabled to recieve MMS.)

Edited by sarbe

Guest ASY9650

Fair point Sarbe.

Not something that relates to me personally.

Like I said you could select the display options to hide them from showing, and also not to display contacts without numbers,

Can't really think of much more than that. Sorry :/.

Edited by ASY9650

Guest Jacowannabe
1. how can i disable APN's?

i can see my phone doing some data communication all the time. its slow and i have same traffic limits. i have no idea how to disable it.

2. lg pc suite is a piece of pure crap. which is the easiest way to delete 800+ garbage contacts without tapping the screen for hours? for eg using my pc and my mouse?

3. how can i remove/delete the primary gmail account including all its contacts? the phone says some application is using it. so what? and which app? and who cares? how can i delete it?

4. how can i delete all the f*cking contacts added automaticly without any useful data like a phone a number?

damn, this pisses me off.

1: Turn off "background data"

2-4: Do a factory reset.