So, how to change system font?

Guest fjsferreira

Guest fjsferreira

I've been trying for several days to change system fonts to the ubuntu font, and every tutorial I've come across doesn't work with my rooted GT540.

Has anybody managed to do that?

I tried using both update.zip methods and by means of applications... no luck with both methods.

Guest MFD-2HD
I've been trying for several days to change system fonts to the ubuntu font, and every tutorial I've come across doesn't work with my rooted GT540.

Has anybody managed to do that?

I tried using both update.zip methods and by means of applications... no luck with both methods.

LG use SjGothicFull.ttf as main font, but if you replace SJSans.ttf with your own style and this font has same language as SjGothicFull.ttf it will use this font instead.

For me, I have replace only SJSans.ttf and it work fine.

Don't sure with your language firmware, please test with your experience.

Edited by MFD-2HD

Guest flyboyovyick
LG use SjGothicFull.ttf as main font, but if you replace SJSans.ttf with your own style and this font has same language as SjGothicFull.ttf it will use this font instead.

For me, I have replace only SJSans.ttf and it work fine.

Don't sure with your language firmware, please test with your experience.

If this works on mine, that will be great.

Guest fjsferreira
If this works on mine, that will be great.

Wow, I'll test this. I thought Lg used droid sans like other androids :rolleyes:

Will report soon.

EDIT: I works!!! You are my hero :huh:

Here's ubuntu font family with file names fixed. Just use root explorer to place ttfs in /system/fonts, overwriting the existing fonts. Reboot

I also fixed permissions with root explorer, just in case.

Here's what it looks like:

ubunto-b.png

ubuntu-d.png

Also, great site with fonts and screenshots:

http://fachadick.wordpress.com/

ubuntu_font_family.rar

Edited by fjsferreira

Guest brqueiros

Thanks, this worked for me. fjsferreira thanks for the font pack

Sorry, but can someone post de originals SJGothicFull.ttf, SJSans.ttf, SJSans-Bold.ttf? I forgot to make a backup

Edited by brqueiros

Sorry, but can someone post de originals SJGothicFull.ttf, SJSans.ttf, SJSans-Bold.ttf? I forgot to make a backup

Here you are, taken from 2.1 Europe Open

Edited by Eazyy

Guest brqueiros
Just noticed it wont work prperly if you want to revert to standard font and replace only the 3 files!

You have to replace all files in the "fonts" folder, orignal files are attached!

Thanks one more time. I'm using STRyde font pack

Guest sutioso
with root explorer, long press on the file and then permissions.

fonts permissions cannot be changed because the file system is read only .. ?? if i press long with root explorer then click permission.

Guest sutioso
fonts permissions cannot be changed because the file system is read only .. ?? if i press long with root explorer then click permission.

ooo soory .. solve.. i press in MOUNT R/W become MOUNT R/O .. then press long in the file.. change permission.. thank..