• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

NinjaChips

NinjaChips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

hi, i have a problem with this rom,i installed the desire theme(i think its also called espresso framework) and the graphics have gone all wracked up.there is a green rectangle box with a cross at the top of the screen on the lockscreen. it didn't look like that with orange base rom (modaco rom and sabs rom). also tried the new rom on villianrom and it had the same issue but the old one didn't. wondered if anyone had spotted this?

I had the same thing with the french fries rom: green rectangle with a cross on the lockscreen and on the calendar. so i just rolled back to using the stock theme.

heroin11

heroin11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Is anyone else having problems with multi touch in the browser with this rom. I've tried Dolphin Browser HD as well and it doesn't work in that either. Works fine in gallery etc but just none of the browsers, yet it worked in every other rom I've tried

Stooby

Stooby

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@Stooby61

Is anyone else having problems with multi touch in the browser with this rom. I've tried Dolphin Browser HD as well and it doesn't work in that either. Works fine in gallery etc but just none of the browsers, yet it worked in every other rom I've tried

Same problem for me!
Apart from that, I'm really liking this ROM.

Stooby,
Yorkshire UK
-------------------------------------------------------
Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) & Advent Vega

Posted Image

buntoid

buntoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3d, San Francisco

Same with me too, apart from Opera Mobile, which is a bit strange because I tried the BaldeVillain rom before this one, and it was the other way round i.e all the other browsers had multi-touch but Opera Mobile didn't.

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Try xscope

ZTE Blade - UK Version - OLED Screen
GEN1 - Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 Stable

joefez

joefez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi,

Just wanted to say great ROM, already noticed a good speed improvement over the last ROM I was using (Seb's r4 - which served me well).

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having problems with video streaming, more specifically with the tvcatchup.com mobile site.

In Sebs R4 I could play both the HQ and LQ streams no problem with the stock browser.

With this rom I'm getting 'Cannot play this video' error messages. Any ideas what has changed.

Video's stream via rtsp on vlc so I know the site is working ok. Youtube works though it probably uses a different protocol.

Its not a deal breaker for me at the moment so I'm happy to stick with the ROM as It seems snappy and I like having A2SD (I've gone from 140MB used to 88MB!).

Build: Factory reset, wiped cache, fresh install, HW_UI applied, NO overclock, VM Heap 32 > 48, Apps restored via Ti. Quadrant = 415. :rolleyes:

Cheers - keep up the great work!!!!!

Fez

Edited by joefez, 16 November 2010 - 02:10 PM.

minz007

minz007

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
hi
i think this is a great rom :rolleyes:

however im getting random reboots and im not sure why
i wiped everything before installing the rom
ive only used the main rom (no addons)
and im using a2sd with ext3

thanks for any help

Hopelessness

Hopelessness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Hero, Blade, Vega
Nice ROM so far, couple of niggles though.

1. No multitouch as far as I can tell
2. Lockscreen takes about a second to appear after power button has been pressed
3. Overclocking is worse than my HTC Hero, ie lock ups at 691MHz when the Hero would be happy at 748MHz (not necessarily the ROM, but still a bummer)

Edited by Hopelessness, 16 November 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Rem1x

Rem1x

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5 // Hudl // One X
  • Twitter:@__foy

Nice ROM so far, couple of niggles though.

1. No multitouch as far as I can tell
2. Lockscreen takes about a second to appear after power button has been pressed
3. Overclocking is worse than my HTC Hero, ie lock ups at 691MHz when the Hero would be happy at 748MHz (not necessarily the ROM, but still a bummer)

Heh, different kind of processor, so you can't compare the two in OCing!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

No multitouch as far as I can tell

This sounds like a real deal breaker for me. Can anyone confirm please ?
Thanks

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco

Thanks

http://android.modac...amp;pid=1476074

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

http://android.modac...amp;pid=1476074

Oops, missed that... Hmm, curious to try it out myself but I need to know if nandroid backup also backups your a2sd partition else I have a problem restoring the backup lateron

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

Seems to be a kernel issue. Flashed the original kernel (both Orange and the french one) and pinch zoom works again. Another thing in the kernelsource that needs fixing...

Blog - App

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Seems to be a kernel issue. Flashed the original kernel (both Orange and the french one) and pinch zoom works again. Another thing in the kernelsource that needs fixing...

Thanks for the headsup. Allright, will wait for the updated version then :rolleyes:

oh!dougal

oh!dougal

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Devices:DX2 FroYo San Francisco

I don't think that logic is correct.

If the Kernel gives multi-touch in the Bouygues distro, why would the same Kernel NOT give multitouch to (some) browsers in the French Fries distro?

Seems more likely that a flag somewhere (Has Multitouch? Yes/No) has been (inadvertantly) changed in the FF distro ...

Doesn't this sound like the behaviour you'd expect from a changed flag?

Same with me too, apart from Opera Mobile, which is a bit strange because I tried the BaldeVillain rom before this one, and it was the other way round i.e all the other browsers had multi-touch but Opera Mobile didn't.

Edited by oh!dougal, 17 November 2010 - 09:31 AM.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

I don't think that logic is correct.

If the Kernel gives multi-touch in the Bouygues distro, why would the same Kernel NOT give multitouch to (some) browsers in the French Fries distro?

I've compiled my own kernel from the ZTE sources. That's why I have EXT3 support and overclocking. And I've tried just replacing the kernel with the original one from both Orange and the french ROM and leaving everything else intact and multitouch in the browser starts working as soon as I replace the kernel and stops working as soon as I reflash with the kernel I compiled.

The kernel source that ZTE released is NOT exactly the same as what they've used. We've had to fix both the battery driver and the power button and now there's also something wrong with the touchscreen driver. :rolleyes:

Blog - App

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
My antivirus (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010) tells me there is a Trojan Program inside the .zip file ?

Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.c
http://www.securelis....Linux.Lotoor.c

EDIT: It seems to be a false positive caused by the method which is used to root this ROM.

Regarding the 'browser multi-touch issue'. From what I understand from reading this thread, is that Opera Mobile does not have this issue, and 'all' other browsers have. Could you please state which browsers you have tried so far ? Also, have you tried xScope ?
http://www.appbrain....ser-trial/sui.m

Edited by Freekers, 17 November 2010 - 12:13 PM.

Stooby

Stooby

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@Stooby61

Regarding the 'browser multi-touch issue'. From what I understand from reading this thread, is that Opera Mobile does not have this issue, and 'all' other browsers have. Could you please state which browsers you have tried so far ? Also, have you tried xScope ?

So far, I've tried the stock browser, Dolphin HD, xScope (trial version), and Miren (the MIUI browser).

Multi-touch "pinch to zoom" isn't working in any of these with this ROM.
It does, however, work in Google Maps!

Stooby,
Yorkshire UK
-------------------------------------------------------
Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) & Advent Vega

Posted Image

Freekers

Freekers

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

So far, I've tried the stock browser, Dolphin HD, xScope (trial version), and Miren (the MIUI browser).

Multi-touch "pinch to zoom" isn't working in any of these with this ROM.
It does, however, work in Google Maps!

thanks for the reply.
So, it only works in Opera Mobile when it comes to browsers, right ?

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

thanks for the reply.
So, it only works in Opera Mobile when it comes to browsers, right ?

RLS5 will have the original kernel as an addon. You'll loose overclocking, EXT3 and swap/compcache with the original kernel.

Blog - App

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users