FIXED: Having issues flashing ANY rom on my GT540

Guest playtime44

Guest playtime44

Hey guys, I wonder if you can help me out.

Since I inadvertently uninstalled some system APK such as Gtalk and SNS and I've been having various errors since then, I'd like to get back to stock 2.1.

Unfortunately, the procedure I used to get from 1.6 to 2.1 doesn't seem to work anymore.

KDZ_FW_UPD gives me the following error every time

Upgrade Error Code = 4008

WParam : 100

LParam : 4008

And I can't seem to find more info on that error.

I'm well versed in computers, I'm using a fresh Windows XP install to do my flashing, updating and stuff.

I tried using two different versions of KDZ_FW_UPD - one in Russian, and a second one in English.

I even tried with two different ROMs - the Baltic (which I already have flashed) and the Open EU one.

Otherwise, the phone is fine - it gets into Download mode upon each attempt to flash it and after the error I flip the battery out to restart it and it's back to normal.

So any ideas?

UPDATE: I fixed it by accident. Details here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1476937

Edited by playtime44

Guest gstar101
Hey guys, I wonder if you can help me out.

Since I inadvertently uninstalled some system APK such as Gtalk and SNS and I've been having various errors since then, I'd like to get back to stock 2.1.

Unfortunately, the procedure I used to get from 1.6 to 2.1 doesn't seem to work anymore.

KDZ_FW_UPD gives me the following error every time

Upgrade Error Code = 4008

WParam : 100

LParam : 4008

And I can't seem to find more info on that error.

I'm well versed in computers, I'm using a fresh Windows XP install to do my flashing, updating and stuff.

I tried using two different versions of KDZ_FW_UPD - one in Russian, and a second one in English.

I even tried with two different ROMs - the Baltic (which I already have flashed) and the Open EU one.

Otherwise, the phone is fine - it gets into Download mode upon each attempt to flash it and after the error I flip the battery out to restart it and it's back to normal.

So any ideas?

If i'm not mistaken, you shouldn't be able to reflash the same rom, i.e Baltic -> Baltic.. its strange that to Russian or Open EU doesn't work though... try the hard reset and then try reflashing the phone.

Also make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your XP box. My installed drivers list looks like:

• LG Android Driver
  • LG SP USB Driver
  • LG USB Modem Driver
  • LG USB WML Modem Driver

Edited by gstar101

Guest playtime44

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I'll tinker with the drivers, as I already tried hard reset already - unfortunately, without luck.

It's strange that the drivers may be to blame, as I keep that Windows XP installation solely for flashing phones and stuff (I get to do one or two a month for my friends).

And the setup is exactly the same as I left it when I last flashed the GT540 to Eclair.

Nevermind, I will try reinstalling the drivers.

Guest playtime44

I reinstalled all drivers, making sure they are properly UNinstalled and then installed them all over again with the phone plugged OUT.

I reconnected and Windows installed all LG components fine.

However I keep getting the same error during flashing. I can post my log if that will help.

By the way the phone is rooted without busybox (whatever that is). I hope that doesn't get in the way in some way.

Edited by playtime44

Guest playtime44

No, I was using a front port.

Tonight I tried another computer with Windows 7 and it finally worked.

I installed all official drivers, plugged phone in back port with an original LG USB cable and started the KDZ_FW_UPD updating process normally.

The progress froze (no error code, simply froze) just like it did on my other Windows 7 computer where I used a front port with a OEM microUSB cable.

This time out of desperation I started clicking around and did this:

1. Phone was in Download mode, KDZ_FW_UPD was frozen but program accepted clicks

2. Pressed READ PHONE INFORMATION button

3. Pressed UPGRADE START

That launched an altogether new interface I haven't seen before - seemed like the official LG Updater Tool.

It started an updating process and I noticed it even used my downloaded ROM.

It asked me to reconnect phone as obviously it didn't recognize it in Download Mode - I replaced battery and booted into Android as usual.

Upgrade started and I started watching the detailed log - suddenly it went past the point that got me an error mistake so many times before.

And PRESTO, hello Open European!

Thanks for the support guys, and thanks for not letting me give up the efforts.

BTW - it seems like Open EU ROM has a lot more app preinstalled than Baltic 2.1 such as Layar, Sims 3, Foursquare, Shazam, Wapedia and even LG App Advisor.

It's just as I remember it from 1.6.

The only issue that remains now is that my boot logo disappeared somewhere along the way in one of the numerous tries to flash it.

I'm obviously not the only one. This guy here says he hasn't found a solution yet.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1475853

Guest ilovelg

Well you had problems propably becouse you used front ports, alot of users have reported problems with flashing theire phones when they had phone pluged into front port. :rolleyes:

Anyway gz with 2.1

Edited by ilovelg