Backup and Restore of Stock Froyo SMS to SenseUI

Guest Airbag888

Guest Airbag888

I tried to search around but I get either half answers or just nothing.

My question is that I have a rooted Froyo N1 running stock ROM and I'd love to switch to a SenseUI Rom. However I've seen that people mentionned not to restore a Stock sms backup as the database used is different than the one used in SenseUI.

Is that true? I understand that nandroid will backup your ROM minus you apps, settings, data. And Titanium backup backs up all apps and settings. I am using sms backup and restore for the sms (dont care about the mms) but I'm worried I'll run into issues to restore them.

What's everyone experience on the matter?

Thanks

I tried to search around but I get either half answers or just nothing.

My question is that I have a rooted Froyo N1 running stock ROM and I'd love to switch to a SenseUI Rom. However I've seen that people mentionned not to restore a Stock sms backup as the database used is different than the one used in SenseUI.

Is that true? I understand that nandroid will backup your ROM minus you apps, settings, data. And Titanium backup backs up all apps and settings. I am using sms backup and restore for the sms (dont care about the mms) but I'm worried I'll run into issues to restore them.

What's everyone experience on the matter?

Thanks

Yes in my experience, Titanium Backup'S MMS/SMS backup will corrupt the Sense messaging (or the Stock messaging if you do it the other way around).

The only way I have been successful was to use Wavesecure's SMS backup/restore facility. Not sure what they do differently but it worked "cross-platform" so to say.

And since I registered my WaveSecure account before March 31, then I have a free run for the lifetime of my N1 :rolleyes: Still, there's a 7-day trial. Perhaps other utilities can do this too, if they backup online somehow? Lookout, maybe?

sns

Guest Airbag888
Yes in my experience, Titanium Backup'S MMS/SMS backup will corrupt the Sense messaging (or the Stock messaging if you do it the other way around).

The only way I have been successful was to use Wavesecure's SMS backup/restore facility. Not sure what they do differently but it worked "cross-platform" so to say.

And since I registered my WaveSecure account before March 31, then I have a free run for the lifetime of my N1 :rolleyes: Still, there's a 7-day trial. Perhaps other utilities can do this too, if they backup online somehow? Lookout, maybe?

sns

Ah, Thanks man. I have been using SMS Backup and Restore but got no clue if it'll work too. I'll be sure to try WaveSecure. Sucks I'm late for the freebie though. Maybe someone has experience with SMS Backup and Restore or some other software, please chime in

Guest accelerator

Pretty certain SMS Backup and Restore works restoring/backing up SMS to/from Sense and Stock messaging apps. It seemed to work ok for me going from Evil's Desire to CyanogenMod and vice-versa.